Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Sharkmeister
Mouseketeer

Any tips for getting from POM to the airport in time?

Everything seems to be coming together until .... this morning I find the the Official Port Of Miami thread. I am now worried about our 11.23 flight out of Miami airport.

Background: This is our first Disney Cruise. Sailing on the Wonder out of Miami. Flight is to Los Angeles via Houston and can't be changed. We have late seating dining. Port arrival time is scheduled for 7/7.30.

I have a collection of tips in my head, but would like to hear your thoughts or suggestions so I don't miss the flight.

Here's my plan:
1. When registering online, put in the flight details so Disney are aware of them. (Done)
2. Check with Guest Services to make sure they are aware of the flight.
3. Don't put the luggage tags on or put it outside the room. Take own luggage off the ship.
4. Say goodbye to our servers the night before and let them know that we won't be at breakfast the following morning. Have breakfast (quick) at the buffet as early as possible.
5. Get off the ship and grab a shuttle to the airport.

My questions-
If I am taking our lugguage with me, How will I know when I can get off the ship?
If Disney know about my flight, will they put me in the first group anyways (and then I won't need to look after my own luggage, but put it out the night before)?
Will there be shuttles waiting? Should I prebook (and for what time?) Would the cab fare be the same as the shuttle?

Thanks for all the advice so far.
Sharkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
goeva
DIS Veteran

I'd take taxicab if I have early flight out on the day of disembarkment.
I know the Taxicab rate from MIA to Port of Miami (POM) is flat rate $24.00 + $1.00-1.25 Toll + Tips. The travel time from MIA to POM is 15 minutes.
Here's the shuttle and taxi information chart.
http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/...March_2012.pdf

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 01-07-2013 at 02:16 AM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

You can either do it the way you described and keep your own luggage, or ask at desk services to be moved to the earliest departure group, which will be just behind all the people who kept their own luggage. You can also ask to go to earlier breakfast. If you each only have one wheelie bag, it won't make much difference as you can just pull it along. The only benefit to checking your luggage is they take it down to the level of customs, just like if you check your bags at an airport and you pick them up on the lower level.

I'd take a taxi. The shuttle area was a mess with taxis, shuttles, private cars, buses all tooting and pulling in to the curb.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: