Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Last week of April vs. first week of May

I have a trip planned for the week of April 29, but it has become necessary to move the trip to the week prior. For those of you who have been during spring break times, is the last (full ) week of April (22 thru 27) fairly quiet, with the kiddies back in school?
I believe Easter is early in March this year, so that will have no bearing on my decision, now that I have looked it up. It's the spring breaks I'm concerned about.
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Tagging on because I'm also wondering about this.
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I have a trip planned for the week of April 29, but it has become necessary to move the trip to the week prior. For those of you who have been during spring break times, is the last (full ) week of April (22 thru 27) fairly quiet, with the kiddies back in school?
I believe Easter is early in March this year, so that will have no bearing on my decision, now that I have looked it up. It's the spring breaks I'm concerned about.
Well, we will be down there the 18th to the 28th because that's the NH spring break....I'm sure we are not the only ones...but, the crowd calendars (which I never actually follow) have crowds at 4 and 5 for the whole time we are there, which I am excited about since we are always there during 7-10 time periods.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

We are going to be there for our first time that week as well. Interested to see the other replies.
itsmeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

We've almost always gone the end of April into the 1st week of May (this yr will be April 27 thru May 5th) and it has never been uncomfortably crowded anywhere. We have very little wait on rides and even do many meals w/o any ressies, even character meals with a 20 min wait time at most. I'm sure you'll be fine b/c even if some schools are on spring break I would think that the majority are over. I wouldn't panic, but please do let us know if it is still crazed at that time....

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

As a pp already mentioned, the crowd calendar projections are for around a level 4 or 5- the last week of April and the first week of May.

Compare this to the March crowd predictions of 7-10. Kind of speaks for itself.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #7
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Well, so far, it seems my decision to leave the week earlier will be alright. I'm just one of these obsessive Disney planners (anyone know any of THOSE? ) and want to make the right decision.
And thanks also for the responses re: the crowd calendar. Believe it or not, I don't usually consult that when planning my visits!

Edited to add...I just noticed that Easter is at the end of March, not early!! I wonder if that is why some folks' spring breaks are late into April??
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #8
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Well, so far, it seems my decision to leave the week earlier will be alright. I'm just one of these obsessive Disney planners (anyone know any of THOSE? ) and want to make the right decision.
And thanks also for the responses re: the crowd calendar. Believe it or not, I don't usually consult that when planning my visits!

Edited to add...I just noticed that Easter is at the end of March, not early!! I wonder if that is why some folks' spring breaks are late into April??
Our April vacation is the same time every year. Last week of April.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Mousemommy1, thanks for the helpful info! Re: the crowd calendars, I hardly ever even look at them, much less follow them...4 and 5 sounds great!!
What is your experience with the weather at that time of year?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: