Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 AM   #16
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

We live in Oregon, and a popular thing to do at the beach in the winter is storm watch. It can be pretty awe inspiring to sit in your warm beach house and watch the clouds roll in, and the waves crashing the shore.

Also, our beaches tend to be in the 40 - 50's in the winter, and are year you'd residence for many. There are great shops and lots of gallery's to browse in all the time. Several of our beaches also have great outlet malls.

Another popular winter beach trip is to go with extended family or friends, then play games and watch movies. I know several groups of women who do scrapbook weekends, or church retreats. Off season has such great prices for renting that it is perfect for this kind of thing. And if you are lucky enough to have a dry day, walking on the beach and checking out the tide pools is great fun.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
MamaLema
Mouseketeer
I must eat at least one avocado a day!
Tying up Sayid and leaving Sawyer to die doesn't score brownie points with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
You said, "Ocean Banks"; I have no idea where that is. If you meant, Outer Banks, I can tell you that some of the Outer Banks have outlet shopping and some historical sightseeing. Others are really desolate so taking some really good books and being sure you have a house with a fireplace would be a real necessity. A few restaurants are open, the grocery, get an oceanfront home with views of the beach. Nothing much else to do there-although on Hatteras, the various fire departments have fish frys on alternating nights and sometimes there's music.
sorry, I did mean Outer Banks
MamaLema is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLema View Post
sorry, I did mean Outer Banks
I googled Ocean Banks, and it came up with someplace in New Hampshire. I have to admit I was surprised someone wanted to go there in the winter!!! The OUter Banks should be pretty quiet this time of year. If you're looking for more stuff to be open, you probably need to look further south, maybe Myrtle Beach.
kirstenb1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: