Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #676
smidgy
dimples

actually, I meant I would let him have a cig. if he makes it without until Jan. 35 ...he will NEVER make it, as there IS no jan 35!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #677
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
actually, I meant I would let him have a cig. if he makes it without until Jan. 35 ...he will NEVER make it, as there IS no jan 35!
lol, I would be afraid that one cig would make him want more...

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #678
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
Dee, Dee, Dee, Dah, Dee Dee, Dah, Dee, Dee
Dateline: Carpentersville, IL
Village President Ed Ritter today announced that Carpentersville Council has declared February to be null and void. January will now be 59 days long in that part of Kane county.
Insiders report an inordinate amount of lobbying by Big Tobacco for the change; motive remains unknown.
In other news, longtime Carpentersville resident Steve was seen actually SKIPPING towards the Quickie Mart. Unfortunately he tripped over a curb stone landing himself in local hospital with multiple injuries. Steve is expected to make a full recovery, but will remain in traction until January 36th.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #679
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Village President Ed Ritter today announced that Carpentersville Council has declared February to be null and void. January will now be 59 days long in that part of Kane county.
Insiders report an inordinate amount of lobbying by Big Tobacco for the change; motive remains unknown.
In other news, longtime Carpentersville resident Steve was seen actually SKIPPING towards the Quickie Mart. Unfortunately he tripped over a curb stone landing himself in local hospital with multiple injuries. Steve is expected to make a full recovery, but will remain in traction until January 36th.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #680
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 AM   #681
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
lol, I would be afraid that one cig would make him want more...
it would! but he will never have it, cause there IS no Jan 35
Old 01-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #682
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
wow! you sure did your research!!!! that is SO funny!!! lobbying by Big Tobacco for the change! and they probably would!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #683
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Milton, you're starting to scare me.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #684
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Hey Mike. I found your missing chapter finally, and it was great. No, not gonna do a Ponzi and break this one down, let's just say I'm having a bad hair day, K?

But I can't believe you need fastpasses to watch WOC?
Do they take away your eyes if you watch it without a fastpass?
but without a doubt, I think the strangest thing would be going to Disney and eating at a Denny's!
"What? No Moons over MyHammy?"
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #685
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Hey Mike. I found your missing chapter finally, and it was great. No, not gonna do a Ponzi and break this one down, let's just say I'm having a bad hair day, K?

but without a doubt, I think the strangest thing would be going to Disney and eating at a Denny's!
We'll let it slide only because it's you and if you're having a bad hair day it has got to be pretty bad.

In regards to WoC fastpasses. Technically you don't NEED them, but if you want to get a decent place to view the show from, it's best. Otherwise you might end up standing behind some 6' tall, 80's hair band wannabe and you won't see a darn thing. Plus the area that they have for viewing is so big, but it's also in tiers, so if you want the best options, you must stand the test of time and get a fast pass, and then wait in the fast pass line before the "running of the bulls", to get a good place. Once situated, we found this was also a good place to sit on the ground and relax with a nice bottle of Simply Lemonade, or Sunny D...you're preference.

Yeah, I think both of us thought the same thing about Denny's, but since the original plans had gone out the window because the shuttle decided to shuffle we figured, food is food. Plus, if nothing else, it was good, cheap food. I figured the Moons over My Hammy would be a little too over the top, so I went with the cardiac arrest grilled fried cheese sandwich.

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #686
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

It's a World of Color

It was clear dark night. Look up and you can see the stars. There is the sound of trickling water, as if there was a small stream nearby. No, not the strong rushing kind you would hear at Niagra Falls. The kind that could lull you to sleep. Standing next to me, also enjoying this wondrous night, is the love of my life. The night couldn’t have been more perfect. Two young lovers spending a magical filled day at Disney.

Then all of sudden, there is music and Mickey’s Fun Wheel comes to life.

Anybody care to dance? Then there was singing.

Color, (Color).
(Spoken) Walt Disney Presents
The Wonderful World of Color.

Mickey’s Fun Wheel really sprang to life now as did the fountains in the lagoon.

There were shimmering lights all along the lagoon Along with more singing “The World is a Carousel of Color, A Rainbow of Imagination.”

Along with this singing, the lagoon comes to life with colorful fountains.

For those that have seen Fantasmic, they have one of the same features here. Showing clips of our favorite animated Disney movies

Throughout the course of the show, laser lights aid in making the fountains appear as if they are dancing.

Do you remember our choice to stand in the wet zone. During this part of the performance, we got very wet. There was a slight breeze and every time these water canons would get high, we would get a nice cool down.

At least they were kind enough to dry us off

Love is the air, can feel it everywhere.

Once again the fountains would spring to life for the finale

The main show is over, but the fountains continue to change color and provide these wonderful pictures.

Words can’t really describe it. This really is a show best seen live. Just like the Osborne Lights. I hope our pictures did this show justice.

And that my friends, is a World of Color

Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #687
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

That was nice! I didn't know that they kept the fountains going for a while after the show.

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #688
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
We'll let it slide only because it's you and if you're having a bad hair day it has got to be pretty bad.

In regards to WoC fastpasses. Technically you don't NEED them, but if you want to get a decent place to view the show from, it's best. Otherwise you might end up standing behind some 6' tall, 80's hair band wannabe and you won't see a darn thing. Plus the area that they have for viewing is so big, but it's also in tiers, so if you want the best options, you must stand the test of time and get a fast pass, and then wait in the fast pass line before the "running of the bulls", to get a good place. Once situated, we found this was also a good place to sit on the ground and relax with a nice bottle of Simply Lemonade, or Sunny D...you're preference.

Yeah, I think both of us thought the same thing about Denny's, but since the original plans had gone out the window because the shuttle decided to shuffle we figured, food is food. Plus, if nothing else, it was good, cheap food. I figured the Moons over My Hammy would be a little too over the top, so I went with the cardiac arrest grilled fried cheese sandwich.
A bad hair day huh. What's the matter, that one particular hair refuses to get shaved off? Maybe Smidgy can help you out and get a pair of tweezers to yank it out. Show that hair who's boss.

Lady H pretty much summed it up about WoC FP's. There are plenty of areas around the lagoon to watch the show that don't require a FP. But all the best viewing spots are from the front where the FP sections are. And I know how you feel about getting the best viewing spots, so you would definitely want to get a FP.

Yeah, it was a bummer about dinner. Although we've been known to resort to Denny's on several trips. Usually because it's one of the only places open at 2 in the morning. Good thing is we still have 3 1/2 days on this trip that we still need to cover.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #689
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
That was nice! I didn't know that they kept the fountains going for a while after the show.
Neither did we. All the attraction and building lights came back on and the fountains kept going. We were up in the very front so we were kinda trapped until the audience cleared out. They played the same song at the end as they do the beginning. All the fountains stay lit and going. They still dance and change colors for about another 5 minutes or so. They don't get much higher than what you see in our pictures. So now you know to stick around a little bit and see them do a little encore number. When the encore is finished, getting out will be a breeze.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #690
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

I'm back from my own trip to the World and your beautiful WoC pictures were waiting for me to help with the "back to reality" blues. The colored fountains look so pretty! I haven't been to Disneyland in a lot of years but I have an Aunt and Uncle that live fairly close by.... maybe I need to think of a reason to visit them.

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: