Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Musicalmommy
Earning My Ears

Movies??

Is there a link someplace with a movie schedule for the ships?

I will be on the dream Feb 10th and was wondering if there is a secret to knowing what movies will be showing, or if it is just a surprise when you get on your report every morning. I know everything is subject to change etc.

We have not seen Wrek-it Ralph yet or Monster's in 3D but was curious if we will be treated to not even released Monsters That would be so cool, but I am thinking it is probably too early for that.

The other new movies are Lone Ranger and OZ I may have to check the reviews on those before our trip if they are going to be showing in the threaters on board.

Any insight would be helpful.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
DL1957
DIS Veteran

You can call DCL a couple of weeks before your cruise and they will let you know.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalmommy View Post

I will be on the dream Feb 10th and was wondering if there is a secret to knowing what movies will be showing, or if it is just a surprise when you get on your report every morning. I know everything is subject to change etc.

We have not seen Wrek-it Ralph yet or Monster's in 3D but was curious if we will be treated to not even released Monsters That would be so cool, but I am thinking it is probably too early for that.

The other new movies are Lone Ranger and OZ I may have to check the reviews on those before our trip if they are going to be showing in the threaters on board.

From the FAQ sticky above:

Movies - You can call 888-325-2500, choose the reservations option, then ask what movies will be showing the week you cruise.

Any recent movie that is produced or distributed by any Walt Disney affiliate will be shown onboard.

Any Disney-connected movies that are released during your cruise will have a Prem-ear At Sea at midnight the day it opens.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Brendonsmom
Love the Magic

We got back from our Christmas cruise on Friday. There are movies playing all day and evening on the funnel over the pool and during the day in the theater. The "big" movie they broadcast one evening in lieu of a show was Wreck It Ralph in 3-D. All other nights there was a broadway type show.

Brendonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
NeverlandCrew
Trying Our Best to Never Grow Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendonsmom View Post
We got back from our Christmas cruise on Friday. There are movies playing all day and evening on the funnel over the pool and during the day in the theater. The "big" movie they broadcast one evening in lieu of a show was Wreck It Ralph in 3-D. All other nights there was a broadway type show.
What other movies were they showing?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
dorkeemn
Mouseketeer

On our christmas cruise on dream it was:
Wreck it Ralph
Lincoln
Timothy Green

Those are the ones I remember.
dorkeemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
akeogh
Earning My Ears

Movies on Feb. 14 Cruise

I called to see if they knew what movies were playing on our planned 3 night Dream cruise (Feb 14-16). The agent gave me the list of what is playing on the dream now (January 2013), which is: Muppets, The Avengers, Brave in 2D and 3D, The Odd Life of Timothy Green, People Like Us, and Frankenweenie. She said that might change somewhat in February, but most likely this will be the list.
akeogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalmommy View Post

According to Wikipedia, the Lone Ranger's latest release date has been delayed (again) to July 4th. I was really hoping it would be out by now.

Oz's release date is currently set for March 8.

Last edited by jdb in AZ; 01-06-2013 at 05:05 PM.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: