Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
smec73
Mouseketeer

Cornado Springs or Wilderness Lodge?

I am trying to decide between staying at the Wilderness Lodge or CSR. Which do you like better and why?
We have 2 adults and 2 children ages 2 and 7. I like that the WL has bunk beds for the kids. But CSR is quite a bit cheaper. Any input would be appreciates
smec73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at CSR, but we love everything about the WL. The pool is great, the atmosphere is beautiful and relaxing, Roaring Forks is great for quick snacks/meals, and we love having the boat for going to MK, as well as to the CR. Plus it's nice having everything under one roof. Good luck deciding.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

LOVE LOVE LOVE WL! We just stayed there last month and it was amazing!! Loved that everything is under one roof. Close to the MK (just hop on the boat!). It was seriously the best trip ever! We stayed only 4 nights, and everything was great. The marshmallow roasting, electrical water pageant, seeing the MK fireworks from the beach, etc. etc.
summerrluvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at CSR (looks too big and not crazy about the theme), but we stayed at WL this past July and it was AMAZING!!!

Like the PP's said, we loved that everything is in one building. The transportation was good. It was easy access to the monorail by hopping the boat to CR.

My girls LOVED the bunk beds! And, might I suggest, if you want to kick out a bit extra money, do club level there (we did) and it was fantastic!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
cwt580
DIS Veteran

while CSR is nice its does not compare to WL if you have kids and enjoy the MK area.

Csr is a convention resort also, so alot of that disney theme is not present. It is a nice resort but just doesnt have the magical feel for families.

You will never rethink your decision at WL. Transpo options, activities near, see fireworks and EWP. good resturants. the lodge itself is so impressive and peaceful. when you come back for the day, it is like another vacation.....

book anything but a std view. woods view is so much better. we are doing courtyard view this time....std is service roads and parking lot. also WL is one of few with bunkbed options. book it if your kids wont sleep together...

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Never been to WL but were actually booked there a few years back when for just a little extra we got 2 rooms at CSR. Love CSR but would also like to try WL if we could swing the price of a deluxe....unfortunately we can't justify it in this economy. Hoping we can still stay in the moderate range.

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
FletchFam
Earning My Ears

We stayed at both during our trip in 2012. We started at CSR and transferred to WL for the last 2 nights of the trip. CSR bus transportation was much much faster than WL. It rained on our weekend there and when it rains the boats to Magic Kingdom, etc. don't run. The lobby is beautiful but the room was dark and needed updating. I felt for the price it wasn't worth it. We had to drive our own vehicle because we got tired of waiting 45+ minutes for a bus each time. CSR is a big resort but with a bus stop in each area it wasn't a long walk to get on a bus. My 7 year old loved the pool at CSR and didn't even care about getting in the one at WL. I guess it just depends on your family preferences, do they like tropical or more of a lodge feel? We are booked at CSR for our next trip and won't be back to WL other than to eat maybe.

Last edited by FletchFam; 02-25-2013 at 03:13 PM.
FletchFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

CSR is great (only moderate we've stayed at)...but WL is magical. You would be happy at either.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smec73 View Post
I am trying to decide between staying at the Wilderness Lodge or CSR. Which do you like better and why?
We have 2 adults and 2 children ages 2 and 7. I like that the WL has bunk beds for the kids. But CSR is quite a bit cheaper. Any input would be appreciates
With 2 children ages 7 and 2 you are probably going to be spending the most time at Magic Kingdom. Due to this and the themeing of Wilderness Lodge I would DEFINITELY choose Wilderness Lodge; the boat to MK is very convenient.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
Robbi
DIS Veteran

We love both CSR and WL. They're gorgeous and fabulous in their own ways.
One thing which might make me lean towards WL is the age of your children. The whole resort is in 1 building instead of scattered buildings like CSR. This is also a plus if it rains.
On the other hand, CSR has a better pool and an awesome slide. I also like the room decor better.
I would still go with WL though with your group.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: