|01-06-2013, 03:57 PM||#1|
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
RFID Possible Major Issue
1) Training is now going on for RFID purchases.
2) There are some REALLY cool things, both for WDW and the guest.
3) But there is a major OOPS on its way.
4) At the end of a transaction, the casher has to hit a Clear Folio button.
5) This is different than Total button the casher will hit at end of purchase
6) If this button is not pushed.
. . . transactions are continued on the RFID chip (room charge)
. . . all future transactions are continued on the same RFID chip
7) So, as an example,
. . . Fred buys his souvenir, casher missed Clear Folio button, and Fred leaves
. . . Sue comes by and gets a souvenir - - - and Fred gets the bill
. . . Alfred comes by with a souvenir - - - and Fred is paying
. . . Nancy comes by for a souvenir - - - you guessed it, Fred is paying
8) Until Clear Folio is depressed, the same person pays for all transactions.
9) Word to the wise when making ANY purchase with RFID chip
. . . make sure you SAVE the receipt (even when buying a Coke at a cart)
. . . make sure the register person depresses the Clear Folio button
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|