Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
Spazbat
Earning My Ears

Show me your shoes...

We are hitting the parks for 3 days before the cruise and want to pack light. So I am expecting to just be a little dressier at the parks than usual; wearing light sundresses instead of the usual shorts, tank and running shoes.

What comfortable shoes have you found that match well with a dress, but are still comfortable for a day in the parks?

P.S. Many of my dresses are sporty like the ones from Skirt Sports (running dress) if that makes any difference.
Spazbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Maryrn11168
DIS Veteran

I love my FitFlops! I do not have a picture of them, (they are currently packed a way with the summer shoes). Google them, they range from dressier to casual. They are not cheap flip-flops, but I walked the parks for this past summer in them and my feet were fine

Honeymoon-Swan 1997,AKL 5/02, Off site 11/02, Hilton Head 8/03, OKW 11/03, Hilton Head 8/04, BCV 5/05, Boardwalk 5/06, Vero Beach 8/07, VWL 5/2008, Magic Western 10/08, BWV 11/08, HHI 8/09, Magic Eastern 3/10, SSR 10/10, Vero Beach 8/11, Dream 5-night 8/11, BLT 8/11, Disney 1/2 Marathon 1/12, 5/12 SSR, 6/12 Magic Weekend Getaway, 7/12 BCV, 9/13 DVC Member Cruise, 10/13 BCV, 2nd 1/2 Marathon BCV 1/14
Maryrn11168 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Chacos, I wear the sandals they also make flip flops. Plus they are machine washable and the straps on the sandals are fully adjustable. Totally worth the cost.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Musicalmommy
Earning My Ears

Ssekos

We are going on a cruise. Not sure how much walking yet, but we will be at parks for three days after, I might be saving my dresses mainly for the cuise, but I hear you about wanting to wear something other than t-shirt etc.

http://shop.ssekodesigns.com/home.php?cat=249

I am bringing my Ssekos for the cruise. I will see how well my feet hold up for the walking on the cruise before I wear them to the Disney. But they are comfy, and I have worn them to events just fine before.

But I am totally in love with the idea of packing one small pair of shoes but being able to make them look like 100 different pairs depending on how you tie them or what straps you use. They can match every outfit!

They come with different interchangeable straps, and are made in Africa by a lady who started a company to help girls earn money for college after graduating HS because there are really no job oportunities for young women. And the only way they can get a higer education is if they can earn money to pay for it in the 9 months between highschool and start of college.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I have a pair of Merrell sandals that I love for vacations. Sorry I don't know how to post them but check out their website.
They have many styles with good foot support when walking for hours thru the parks. They Easily go with shorts, capris, jeans and little sporty dresses.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

I have a pair of birks that actually look kinda dressy with skirts and more casual dresses (and they are super comfy) http://www.birkenstockusa.com/produc...d-leather/8569 . I usually pack those and then my tevas, which are less dressy, but better for water rides or beaches! For nicer sandals that don't take up much space to pack (if you need a "fancier" type) I have a cheapo pair from target that are kind of strappy. They are pretty much flat (and only a centimeter or so thick) when packed. I would wear them to dinner, but not the parks.
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrn11168 View Post
I love my FitFlops! I do not have a picture of them, (they are currently packed a way with the summer shoes). Google them, they range from dressier to casual. They are not cheap flip-flops, but I walked the parks for this past summer in them and my feet were fine
Another vote for FitFlops. LOVE mine! Used them for DAYS at WDW a few years ago.

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
Spazbat
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys...now off to shoe shop...ALMOST as fun as trip planning
Spazbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
lundve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazbat
We are hitting the parks for 3 days before the cruise and want to pack light. So I am expecting to just be a little dressier at the parks than usual; wearing light sundresses instead of the usual shorts, tank and running shoes.

What comfortable shoes have you found that match well with a dress, but are still comfortable for a day in the parks?

P.S. Many of my dresses are sporty like the ones from Skirt Sports (running dress) if that makes any difference.
I still swear by Crocs- they have a ton of dressier sandals and flip flops that have the comfort of Crocs but not that clog look of the originals. Since its off season you might be able to find good deals on their website.

lundve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
eemaxx
Mouseketeer

I also go the sporty sundress route in the parks (like the stuff from Athleta) and wear my Jambu sport sandals (check them out on Zappos) or my Crocs flip flops. I usually don't do Crocs, but these are the nice leather ones and are super comfy for hours of walking! What could be more fun than shoe shopping?!
eemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
KBT35
Mouseketeer

Dr. Scholls Dance Clogs are crazy comfy and cuter than they look when worn!
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_9g4cq0tm7f_b
My Aunt's 65th Birthday Dream Surprise May 26th-30th 2013
KBT35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Sanuk "Spree" flip flops- made from yoga mats! I have worn them in the parks as well as onboard. Super super comfy and look very nice. I have them in silver- on my second pair!

http://www.zappos.com/sanuk-yoga-spree-silver
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer

I usually wear my Papillio shoes to the park, and I also wear them with my casual summer dresses. I like the Gizeh style. I think they are an offshoot of Birkenstock. I have 3 pairs in different colors and patterns.

Here is a sample of one: http://www.zappos.com/papillio-gizeh...flower-glitter

2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalmommy View Post
We are going on a cruise. Not sure how much walking yet, but we will be at parks for three days after, I might be saving my dresses mainly for the cuise, but I hear you about wanting to wear something other than t-shirt etc.

http://shop.ssekodesigns.com/home.php?cat=249

I am bringing my Ssekos for the cruise. I will see how well my feet hold up for the walking on the cruise before I wear them to the Disney. But they are comfy, and I have worn them to events just fine before.

But I am totally in love with the idea of packing one small pair of shoes but being able to make them look like 100 different pairs depending on how you tie them or what straps you use. They can match every outfit!

They come with different interchangeable straps, and are made in Africa by a lady who started a company to help girls earn money for college after graduating HS because there are really no job oportunities for young women. And the only way they can get a higer education is if they can earn money to pay for it in the 9 months between highschool and start of college.
Okay, those are so cute!! Are the soles cushy at all? They don't look like they would be. I can't wear typical flip flops and stuff without cushion.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #15
Musicalmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Okay, those are so cute!! Are the soles cushy at all? They don't look like they would be. I can't wear typical flip flops and stuff without cushion.
No, I would not describe them as cushy. Sorry.

Tags
cruise, dream, shoes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: