Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #1291
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinChicago View Post
This would be ideal--RFID sensors on patio and inside doors! I'll call tomorrow and find out when that will take place. Maybe during longhouse renovations?
The RFID locks already went on the inside doors back in October. There wasn't one on our patio door, although we were on the third floor. I can't say about the first floor rooms.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #1292
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Well, you guys convinced me. I just put in for a first floor room in Tokelau, quiet pool side! My DD has mobility issues so it would be nice not to deal with the elevator/stairs every time we wanted to leave. Thanks, fellow Poly lovers!
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #1293
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
Well, you guys convinced me. I just put in for a first floor room in Tokelau, quiet pool side! My DD has mobility issues so it would be nice not to deal with the elevator/stairs every time we wanted to leave. Thanks, fellow Poly lovers!
Well let us know how it worked out for you. I would love to see pictures of the view too! Have a magical and safe vacation

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #1294
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Time for me to get my Poly thread mojo going again. Booked our May SWW trip today with GP discount and saved about $2000 from my saved rack rate offer. Pretty happy with that. We will be staying just one night in March before our cruise too. Can't wait to be back!!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #1295
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

18 days! yay. Desparately need a Poly fix. Work is bad--I requested a handicap accommodation (due to MS) and was denied. Employer claiming it's an essential function of the job, but have accommodated people lower down on the salary scale. So since I refuse to live under the strees of a lawsuit, I'll have to quit. Too bad. Trying to keep working cause my cognitive function is fine, just my body that MS is kicking the daylights out of. Anyway, the trip is already paid for and air tickets non-refundable, so we're going! I know I'll feel better at Disney and the Poly!

Megsie1000--see you there!!

Princessap--we love TPV but no kids with us. I just love sitting there with morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evening.

Ginchicago--I agree the Poly seems sweeter with a discount--for us it's the military discount.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 01-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #1296
Peaseblossom
Mouseketeer

Here now, spent the afternoon in a hammock with a coconut mojito! We're in Tahiti, it's lovely - 2 minutes to GCH and TTC, right in the middle. Parks are still crowded. We're hoping the crowds start to thin out tomorrow. Keep counting down, you'll all be here before you know it

Ps - you know the best thing about the GF? The view of the Poly
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #1297
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
18 days! yay. Desparately need a Poly fix. Work is bad--I requested a handicap accommodation (due to MS) and was denied. Employer claiming it's an essential function of the job, but have accommodated people lower down on the salary scale. So since I refuse to live under the strees of a lawsuit, I'll have to quit. Too bad. Trying to keep working cause my cognitive function is fine, just my body that MS is kicking the daylights out of. Anyway, the trip is already paid for and air tickets non-refundable, so we're going! I know I'll feel better at Disney and the Poly!

Princessap--we love TPV but no kids with us. I just love sitting there with morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evening.

Ginchicago--I agree the Poly seems sweeter with a discount--for us it's the military discount.
I wish I had booked TPV when I first booked back in October. Now there are none available with or without discount
Does that mean it will be really busy?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #1298
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
I think you'll love it!!
Quote:

im so sorry about your job. That just plain sucks, no ifs ands or buts about it! Hope you have a wonderful trip, you deserve it!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #1299
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
Here now, spent the afternoon in a hammock with a coconut mojito! We're in Tahiti, it's lovely - 2 minutes to GCH and TTC, right in the middle. Parks are still crowded. We're hoping the crowds start to thin out tomorrow. Keep counting down, you'll all be here before you know it

Ps - you know the best thing about the GF? The view of the Poly
I'll be there in less than a month. Coconut Mojito. Yum. It's now on my list
Old 01-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #1300
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I have MS...have had it since '98 and it's a ***** Disney will definitely help you look forward to something fun! Will you be getting a ECV or wheelchair for the parks?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #1301
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

Does anyone know anything more about the refurb schedule ? We will arrive on April 27th. Staying LV . I'm wondering if requesting Tuvalu will be possible with the refurb going on. I know Tahiti is also a LV building but I really feel that I need to be closest to the GCH and pools if possible. Having some health issues. If it is a far walk to the TTC we can always take the monorail and transfer to the EPCOT monorail at the TTC right?
Also, does anyone else know of other buildings that are LV and convenient? Do most LV rooms overlook the castle ? Or just certain buildings?
Thanks for any help.... Our 1st time at the POLY and getting so excited!!!

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #1302
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Megsie1000--see you there!!.
Wave if you see us. We have 3 children. 2 girls (9 and 7) and our youngest (Jack -4) has blue glasses.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #1303
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61

Hi. Not sure what state you live in, but you might want to check out the Div. of Vocational Rehab office near you. They provide worksite accommodations.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #1304
mickey1510
Earning My Ears

Hawaii is supposed to close today for refurbishment. Can somebody confirm?
Old 01-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #1305
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Hawaii is closing for renovation for the next month and a half. I posted the renovation schedule for each longhouse from Tikiman a few pages ago.

We tried to get CL for our upcoming trip but couldn't

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: