Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #46
s232271
Mouseketeer

Question

I got an email saying we could reserve transportation to WDW on January 10th BUT then it says we have to pay in full first?? My final payment isnt due till feb something.....should I pay early to book excursions or just wait , what are y'all doing?
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #47
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Early Access

Yes, we had our finances arranged for the Feb 24th due date, but getting anxious about the cruise in general, we found a way to come up with the funds next week -- before the 10th.

Not sure we need to be the first to book things, but I can check one more thing off the to-do list!

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #48
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Talking Hello Everyone!

We are getting super excited about the cruise, and finally shared the news with our kiddos! It will be our 3rd DCL cruise, well 2.5 for my twins since I was hugely pregnant with them on our 1st cruise! We are looking forward to sailing from Texas, since we're from Austin, and thrilled about the itinery change to visit Disney.

We would really love to participate in an FE exchange, though it would be our 1st time with FE fun. Does anyone know how to organize an exchange?

I just saw on our shipmate app that we are scheduled to depart from Key West at 5:30...anyone know if this an exciting change or a typo?

Anyone have a guess as to the dinner theme night for May 15th? We will be celebrating my twins' 5th birthdays, and I'm just curious. Since it's the night after Castaway Cay, I am guessing pirate night? Any other guesses? I just called Disney and they shared the dinner schedule for our cruise. Day 2: Formal, Day 6: Pirate Night, Day 7: Semiformal

Looking forward to cruising with you all in 4 months and 5 days!!!!

Cheers!

Becca, mom of the Z pack (Austin, TX)
DH Rick
DS Zander (9)
DS Zack (5 on 5/15!)
DD Zoe (5 on 5/15!)

Last edited by Zandersmom; 01-06-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: more information
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #49
Zandersmom

Fish Extender List

Hi Everyone!
It sounds like we have plenty of interest in a FE group. I volunteer to coordinate and maintain our list, and would appreciate your input since this is my 1st FE exchange though 3rd Disney cruise. For those of you that are new to FE like me, there are plenty of DISboard threads explaining the process. If our FE list gets much larger than 20-25 staterooms, it may be good to split into 2 groups. Please feel free to PM your information, and I will update the list. Let's plan for a tentative FE group cutoff of April 1st, so that those creating FEs have time to make their magic.

Fish Extender List

Adding link to view FE list here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PNnoxT0E#gid=0

Zandersmom
Names: Becca (DW), Rick (DH), Zander(DS-9), Zack (DS-almost 5), Zoe (DD-almost 5)
Stateroom: 5524 (FE here for our 2 rooms)
Celebrations: Zack & Zoe's 5th birthday on May 15th
Allergies: No Allergies

KSLATL
Names: pending names (DS-6), (DD-4), (DD-2), (DD-9months)
Stateroom:
Celebrations:
Allergies:

esquirepd
Names: Chris (DD), Becky (DM), Kenzie (DD-9), Lilly (DD-5)
Stateroom:6110
Celebrations:
Allergies:

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon, so that I can include you in our FE exchange!

Last edited by Zandersmom; 01-09-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added link for FE google doc
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #50
KSLATL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom
Hi Everyone!
It sounds like we have plenty of interest in a FE group. I volunteer to coordinate and maintain our list, and would appreciate your input since this is my 1st FE exchange though 3rd Disney cruise. For those of you that are new to FE like me, there are plenty of DISboard threads explaining the process. If our FE list gets much larger than 20-25 staterooms, it may be good to split into 2 groups. Please feel free to PM your information, and I will update the list. Let's plan for a tentative FE group cutoff of April 1st, so that those creating FEs have time to make their magic.

Fish Extender List

Zandersmom from Austin, TX
Names: Becca (DW), Rick (DH), Zander(DS-9), Zack (DS-almost 5), Zoe (DD-almost 5)

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon, so that I can include you in our FE exchange!
We would love to join the FE group. We will have three cabins but only my kids will participate...DS-6, DD-4, DD-2, and DD-9 months. Super excited!!!!!!
KSLATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #51
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
Hi Everyone!

Fish Extender List

Zandersmom from Austin, TX

Hey we would love to participate in the FE.

Our room number is 6110
We will have
(DD) Chris
(DM) Becky
(DD) Kenzie (9)
(DD) Lilly (5)

It is also our first disney cruise and our first FE experience. Let me know if I can help you in anyway!!

We haven't reponded or posted enough messages to PM you. Sorry.

Becky

Last edited by esquirepd; 01-06-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: forgot to give reason.
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #52
Zandersmom

Added to FE

KSLATL & esquirepd, I have added you both, thanks!
If there are any allergies to note or additional info you'd like to add, just let me know. I'm sure that the FE exchange will be a lot of fun!

It's exciting to get into cruise planning mode now that the holidays have past. Just made a reservation for a late lunch in Epcot at Le Cellier on the 14th and double checked that the kids' old pirate costumes still fit. Much more fun than cleaning the house, which I should be doing!

Cheers!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

I agree...much more fun than cleaning the house...I've been searching FE ideas all day! Not the productive day I had planned but much more fun!!
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #54
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Magic may 10 galveston

Just booked thIs cruise today! Me, dh, and 2dd's in their 20's. Has anyone done the parks from a cruise for the day?
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #55
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
Just booked thIs cruise today! Me, dh, and 2dd's in their 20's. Has anyone done the parks from a cruise for the day?
Welcome and congrats on your booking! No, I haven't, though you could read about people's experience that did a similar cruise out of NY last year and stopped at the parks for a day. It sounded like Disney handled it very well. I'm eager for the January 18th cruise to go and share their experiences, because I think that they are the first group to do "our" cruise out of Galveston.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #56
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Are we too old for the fe group? Are we doing some kind of meeting?

What's happening on January 10? Missed that!

Trying to get be our guest resies but they're all booked
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #57
Zandersmom

I'm no FE expert, though it seems like an FE exchange can be enjoyable for anyone who wants to participate. The best thing would be to read some of the threads from other cruisers to see if it seems up your alley.

I wonder if our shipmates discussing 1/10 are concierge or gold members? I think that my booking opens on 2/9, and we're silver, then 1st timers can book 15 days later on.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #58
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

How many trips make you silver?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #59
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
We are getting super excited about the cruise, and finally shared the news with our kiddos! It will be our 3rd DCL cruise, well 2.5 for my twins since I was hugely pregnant with them on our 1st cruise! We are looking forward to sailing from Texas, since we're from Austin, and thrilled about the itinery change to visit Disney.

We would really love to participate in an FE exchange, though it would be our 1st time with FE fun. Does anyone know how to organize an exchange?

I just saw on our shipmate app that we are scheduled to depart from Key West at 5:30...anyone know if this an exciting change or a typo?

Anyone have a guess as to the dinner theme night for May 15th? We will be celebrating my twins' 5th birthdays, and I'm just curious. Since it's the night after Castaway Cay, I am guessing pirate night? Any other guesses? I just called Disney and they shared the dinner schedule for our cruise. Day 2: Formal, Day 6: Pirate Night, Day 7: Semiformal

Looking forward to cruising with you all in 4 months and 5 days!!!!

Cheers!

Becca, mom of the Z pack (Austin, TX)
DH Rick
DS Zander (9)
DS Zack (5 on 5/15!)
DD Zoe (5 on 5/15!)
What is the name of the app you are using?
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #60
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
How many trips make you silver?
You're silver for your 2nd cruise and gold at number 6.

Steve,
The app we use is called Shipmate, and I learned about it from these disboards. It took forever for it to update to our new itineray. Now it says 5:30 leaving Key West... I've heard that sometimes the ships will occasionally stay at the port longer than originally scheduled as a reward for the staff, and a longer day in Key West sure would be nice. One thing that I really like about the app is that I used it to send postcards from the ship on our last cruise by entering addresses before we left, then took a cute picture of our kids once we boarded. I was able to make the picture the cover of the postcard and send them to the grandparents while cruising.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: