Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #2146
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leobeans View Post
Thanks! You are also an awesome poster
Everyone here is awesome lol! But your welcome.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #2147
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

So excited booked a stay at POR for May 30 June 3. Usually stay for 7-8 nights, but this year decided to do a split stay with the dark side ....it will be our first time visiting there.

I'm about halfway through reading this thread and want to thank all of the posters!!!

We booked a standard room and requested mansions. Stayed in AB on our last POR stay ....loved it..... and crossing fingers for mansions this stay. Ive gone back and forth with river view or king bed or..... After reading so many posts, I think a standard room parking lot view will fit us fine. We like being out and away from foot traffic. We are the rare ones who request Ranchos at CSR and LOVE being out in the quiet most remote section!

I'm sooo looking forward to the morning stroll from our room to breakfast every morning walking through the lovely grounds of POR! Distance to the main building is a plus for us in that regard. Such a great way to start to the day, and it's helping me cope a little with the snow and ice currently around me!

Here's wishing for mansions and another wonderful stay at WDW POR!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #2148
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Hmmmm.... that is VERY interesting about them being in the king bed rooms. Does that mean that would be a bookable category for a party of 3? (Thinking ahead for next fall when DH comes along....)
We were in room 1812, a King, corner room. I couldn't have been more pleased with our room as building 18 is quite close to the food court area and a short walk to the south bus stop.

We stored our suitcases (nested the ones that would nest) in the sink area behind the curtain (was right in front of the safe, which we did not use). I will add that having that curtain was wonderful, especially when one of us woke up before the other......using the sink and separate bath/toilet never disturbed the sleeping partner. I've stayed at other moderates and will definitely find it difficult to stay anywhere else again!

For those interested, here is a pic of hubby playing around on the murphy bed. Note, he's 6' and 240 pounds

Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #2149
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I might, but I am worried about the hanging space it will take in the closet. I think with 4 suitcases I am going to need to put those in there, and will need things that can hang "above" them, KWIM? Our suitcases are all 29" tall, so I can't even put one inside the other to save space.
We stayed in an AB room in November, and we brought 2 hanging organizers with us to use in the closets. We had 3 suitcases with us and had no problems storing them on the floor between the bed and the door leading into the room. There is actually a lot of space right there, and the luggage was never in our way.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #2150
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMMouse View Post
We stayed in an AB room in November, and we brought 2 hanging organizers with us to use in the closets. We had 3 suitcases with us and had no problems storing them on the floor between the bed and the door leading into the room. There is actually a lot of space right there, and the luggage was never in our way.
Yeah someone sent me a pic somewhere of two hanging and their 4 suitcases with plenty of room. Wish I could find it.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #2151
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

I agree about not making specific room request. On top of what you said it generally makes it harder to grant requests if you put down room numbers for usually those are generally taken and if they cant satisfy that the may just put you anywhere they want.

It is ok to request areas and I do welcome PMs still.
Hi I have a question? We have 2 rooms booked for our vacation, our room is a garden view room and my SIL and her family have a water view room because they just booked last week and that was all that was available. We requested a room preferably in building 16 or 24 on ground floor- not guaranteed of course. Now that my SIL has a room in a water view location and our reservations are linked, I do understand we will be in separate building but hopefully close enough. My question is are water view rooms always on 2nd floor? I thought I read that somewhere and our request is for a bottom floor since we have a little one, our room is the garden view room and theirs is the water view. Just wandering if our request will mess up their view since rooms are linked but it is important for us to have a room on the ground floor. Thank you for all your help! You can send me a PM if its easier to respond!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #2152
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

I have a question about the bed posts in the AB rooms. I know they look rough and like they have bark on them, but is that just appearance or do they have a rough texture? It doesn't really matter - I was just curious after looking at pictures of the rooms today.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #2153
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Just a little advice about the fishing hole...

But the biggest disappointment was that we didnt see anything that even resembled a fish! I didn't expect to catch a huge catfish for dinner or anything but I think the fish are "onto" the fishing hole deal! They had no interest in the worms on the hooks, but if you threw a worm in, it would instantly disappear!

So while the idea sounded fun to us, we were a little disappointed with the "hole" experience!
Good to know - I was considering it, but my DD6 believes herself to be quite the fisher. She would be so disappointed not to catch anything. As luck would have it, everytime she's been fishing, she's caught a ton of fish. Her father and grandfather went fishing yesterday, but didn't catch anything. She chastised them, saying "You should have taken me - I'm an expert. All I do is wave the worm above the water, and the fish jump right out!" I'm not looking to ruin her illusion at Disney of all places!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #2154
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
Now that my SIL has a room in a water view location and our reservations are linked, I do understand we will be in separate building but hopefully close enough. My question is are water view rooms always on 2nd floor?
In AB, there are plenty of water view rooms on the ground floor (it's POFQ where they are on 2 and 3 only, as the ground floor rooms near their pool have a fence in the way). There are also water and garden view rooms very close to each other, see this AB floorplan for a better idea. (I knew it'd come in handy pretty soon )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
I have a question about the bed posts in the AB rooms. I know they look rough and like they have bark on them, but is that just appearance or do they have a rough texture? It doesn't really matter - I was just curious after looking at pictures of the rooms today.
The bedposts are actual hewn wood, yes. However they are fairly well smoothed down, so you won't get splinters or anything.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #2155
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
Hi I have a question? We have 2 rooms booked for our vacation, our room is a garden view room and my SIL and her family have a water view room because they just booked last week and that was all that was available. We requested a room preferably in building 16 or 24 on ground floor- not guaranteed of course. Now that my SIL has a room in a water view location and our reservations are linked, I do understand we will be in separate building but hopefully close enough. My question is are water view rooms always on 2nd floor? I thought I read that somewhere and our request is for a bottom floor since we have a little one, our room is the garden view room and theirs is the water view. Just wandering if our request will mess up their view since rooms are linked but it is important for us to have a room on the ground floor. Thank you for all your help! You can send me a PM if its easier to respond!
Got in touch with you... Let me know if there is anything else.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 01-06-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #2156
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=andrewilley;47097828]In AB, there are plenty of water view rooms on the ground floor (it's POFQ where they are on 2 and 3 only, as the ground floor rooms near their pool have a fence in the way). There are also water and garden view rooms very close to each other, see this AB floorplan for a better idea. (I knew it'd come in handy pretty soon )

Thank you so much for this! Was very helpful to make me understand the layout!

Shannon

Old 01-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #2157
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Got in touch with you... Let me know if there is anything else.

Thank you so much!

Shannon

Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #2158
teacher31
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at POR for several years. I just booked us for 10 days in May and can't wait! This thread reminded me why we loved it so much. Quick question. Instead of using the Murphy bed there is room for a twin sized air mattress still, right? Not sure how well my daughter would like sleeping on the fold down. Thanks!
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #2159
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Just placed an on-line order with the Disney Store . They have LOTS of good deals on right now!!! So excited to surprise the kids with some little trinkets when we are staying there...... Soooo looking forward to this trip
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2160
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31 View Post
Quick question. Instead of using the Murphy bed there is room for a twin sized air mattress still, right?
Yeah, you can still fit one in, but it's a bit tighter than it used to be.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: