Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
lovesparkdisney
Earning My Ears

Disney Magic excursions need help!

Stopping at Grand Cayman and Cozumel and wanting to know if anyone had good experiences doing off shore non Disney excursions or should we just go through Disney. We are going with three kids ages8-12. Thanks for any feedback
lovesparkdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

We did Stingray City and snorkel tour through Moby Dick tours on GC. It was fun and well-run. They were easy to find when we got off the ship Went to Paradise Beach on Cozumel in our own cab. It is a stunning facility with pool, hot tub, beach and clean changing rooms, good food and fun inflatables. Best day!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Grand Cayman is easy and safe to do on your own. We've booked thru Captain Marvin on 2 different cruises. There are many other reputable companies as well. We've done the island tour with turtle farm and the 1/2 day snorkel with Stingray City. You can grab a cab or take the city bus to 7 Mile Beach or one of the other popular areas.

Cozumel--don't leave the beaten tourist path. A taxi from the port to Paradise Beach or Chankanaub is no problem...so in this case, it sort of depends on the definition of "on your own."
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
lovesparkdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesparkdisney View Post
Stopping at Grand Cayman and Cozumel and wanting to know if anyone had good experiences doing off shore non Disney excursions or should we just go through Disney. We are going with three kids ages8-12. Thanks for any feedback
THANKS FOR THE HELP!! Looking forward to our trip!
lovesparkdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Mcbruns
DIS Veteran

Jumping in for a quick question: When do you pay for / get charged for DCL Excursions? Thanks.
1976-offsite~ 1991-offsite~ 1993-offsite~ 1997-Swan~ 1998-Caribbean Beach~ 2003-Port Orleans~ 2004-Pop Century~ 2005-Beach Club Villas~ 2006-Contemporary ~ 2007-ASMu ~ 2007-Coronado Springs ~ 2007-Anniversary Trip GF ~ October 2008-Wilderness Lodge~2 trips in 2009 (June-WH and Sept-OKW)~ 2010-Swan for NYE ~ 2011-Poly for my 40th ~ April 2012 & July ~ 2013 Cruising on the Wonder & June trip ~2014-Lion King Suite
Mcbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
HoustonMom1
Earning My Ears

We just did a dolphin swim in Cozumel, Chankanaab and booked on our own. It went very well. Glad i booked on our own. We went through Cozumel Tours website.
HoustonMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
JackieO
Mouseketeer

I asked this same question just a few weeks back and got some good responses. We sail 1/26 and settled on Capt. Marvins two stop Stingray City in Grand Cayman and an ATV/Beach break excursion with Shore Excursioneer, in Cozumel. I haven't gone yet but I did A LOT of research (trip adviser reviews, asking here, google..... many hours of research) Both of these companies guarantee that if the ship doesn't make port you don't pay. Shore Excursioneer even took payment through paypal and that made me feel even better. I'm a researcher though . After all of that, I feel comfortable. If you're leaving after our cruise I'll let you know how they work out for us.

Last edited by JackieO; 01-05-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added info
JackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Here's another vote for Moby Dick Tours in Grand Cayman; those guys are great!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Grand Cayman--we did Captain Marvin twice. Island tour/turtle farm and Snorkel+Stingray City. Both excellent.

Cozumel...Paradise Beach. Taxi is $15 each way PER TAXI, not per person. Admission is free, chair/umbrella is $2, $12 gets you a wristband good for all non-motorized beach stuff. There is food for purchase, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
diadevito
Earning My Ears

Has anyone done dolphinarius at Cozumel?
diadevito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder, that if you use a non Disney excursion, be very carefull to be sure you are not delayed returning to the vessel, as the Vessel will not wait for you. That can be very expensive in hotel rooms and air costs to meet up with the ship in the next port.

If its a Disney tour the vessel will likely wait until it reachs the point that the vessel cannot make her arrivial time in the next port, then she will sail without you. The big difference is if she sails, Disney is responible to get you to the next port call.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
smalfitano
Earning My Ears

ATV Beach Break

Just booked ATV Beach Break in Cozumel through Disney Cruise. Does anybody know if the allow 2 riders on the ATV's? Other tour companies offer 2 rider options. Disney didn't give me that option and we have a 14yr old who would need to ride with one of us. Any info would be nice.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
sftnslky
**May every day be filled with Magical memories**

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalfitano View Post
Just booked ATV Beach Break in Cozumel through Disney Cruise. Does anybody know if the allow 2 riders on the ATV's? Other tour companies offer 2 rider options. Disney didn't give me that option and we have a 14yr old who would need to ride with one of us. Any info would be nice.
Am wondering the very same thing. Also I read on the boards about an all inclusive beach club.. I forgot which port it was, but I couldn't find it on the DCL web site. As DH says I know you all are not mind readers, but any guesses

sftnslky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: