Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #1411
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

No split stays for me!!!

For the trip starting next week I didn't even bother to split it up on my ticker!!! But only 5 moves this trip!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #1412
pas130
DIS Veteran

I have tried a multi quote three times..each time I get a call for a transport HATE when work gets in the way of DIS time

Let's attempt...

kookical LOVE the new Mickey and OB pic I actually may have to be making some changes in my ticker as well...budget is telling hubs 2 weeks too long BUT he gave the to a week at Disney if I budget well Uh-oh I don't budget well...janet will help

I am having breakfast with janet tomorrow...bless her for meeting me so early

mama linda We need a recap just for your resorts I think

dfarner I am not a cruise gal...BUT I love your plans, and I think you made a great decision

Heather I love that you're back on the boards...makes me smile

Melissa No worries about the dates...who knows when and where I shall end up

Deb Stinks about the Poly pool

marie Hello to you my friend...and gwynne, lacey...everyone else I missed

And Candace is done changing.....you go girl
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #1413
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn
Ok Found out Poly volcano pool is supposed to undergo refurb during my stay it is supposed be complete by march 1 but they say the slide and pool will be closed. I check in on Feb 27. ARGH.

Ok my trip to Poly last March slide was closed most of trip, and the year before at BWV the Luna pool was closed for our whole stay. We are from New England it was hot for us and we definitely make use of relaxing by pool and slide is huge for my son.

Can't believe I am considering changing again to BC or YC CL
Ugh, that could be a real game changer. With your DS loving pools and slides, the YC would be my choice and their CL might even be cheaper depending on what view is still available. Have you plugged in your dates online to see what's available?

Posted from my iPad
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #1414
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I have tried a multi quote three times..each time I get a call for a transport HATE when work gets in the way of DIS time

Let's attempt...

kookical LOVE the new Mickey and OB pic I actually may have to be making some changes in my ticker as well...budget is telling hubs 2 weeks too long BUT he gave the to a week at Disney if I budget well Uh-oh I don't budget well...janet will help

dfarner I am not a cruise gal...BUT I love your plans, and I think you made a great decision

Heather I love that you're back on the boards...makes me smile

Melissa No worries about the dates...who knows when and where I shall end up

Deb Stinks about the Poly pool

marie Hello to you my friend...and gwynne, lacey...everyone else I missed

And Candace is done changing.....you go girl
I hate it when budgets get in the way of vacations!!!

Hugs to Janet from me but wait ...... I'll see her on Wednesday!!! So here's a hug just for you from me!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #1415
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130

Let's attempt...

Can't those sick people just take a cab? We love hearing from our Queen when you're out there being the bestest nurse. We feel like you're always there to help us get through the speed bumps that are the resort changes of our lives

So you're working all night and then going out for breakfast with our Janet? Don't fall asleep on her stack of cakes. Are you both going to Sarah's memorial together? That would be so nice.

Be careful out there my friend and recap, please Linda!!

Posted from my iPad
Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #1416
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Are you both going to Sarah's memorial together? That would be so nice.
If you are, could you let her family know that we all have them in our thoughts and hearts.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #1417
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I'll have to catch up on the day later. We spent most of the day at my sister's house to do a bday lunch for JM and myself. As we drove the DH said that without a doubt he does not want to go in June. I was like, well I wish I had known that before I wasted my time adding the discount to the trip. Now we're looking at September. He wants super low crowds with a big discount. Do y'all think September would be a good time to go? The TP crowd calendar looks good, but I'm just not sure.

Also, I still have not received the conformation email from Disney about the changes to add the discount. Should I be worried about that?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #1418
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!

Quote:
You're too cute. DD (14) LOVES Halloween, too. In fact, in August we bought Mickey Halloween ornaments on Main Street. DD put them up in her room as soon as we got home. They were (reluctantly) removed and stored away after Christmas. She thought I was being unreasonable. Moms are never unreasonable. I got back at her by putting her old Winnie the Pooh flannel sheets on her bed yesterday. I thought she'd protest, but so far, she hasn't said anything
Kook, your DD and I will get right along... I'm always a tad late in doing things --my Christmas tree and decorations are still up, and something tells me I will not get to it before bright and early on Wed AM. (and I love the getting back at DD remark, I've been known for payback too: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yay! I did it! Thanks Janet!
Jen, your welcome, mine was short and sweet -- but Kook rocked the tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Oh and by the way I just saved another $20 on my rental car for after the RC trip ..
so Linda.... milkshakes on you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Janet, GG, Pas-Milkshakes at Gasparilla's, what a nice way to remember our Sarah. She touched our hearts, and she will be missed.
Ginny, that she will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Thanks RCers, I so appreciate your friendship. I love reading about what's new, sharing ideas, and of course, hearing about the latest resort changes.
Ginny, I feel the same way about everyone -- friendships that extends much beyond RCing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Pas, so looking forward to tomorrow morning .... umm I mean today! And I"m happy to meet you anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hugs to Janet from me but wait ...... I'll see her on Wednesday!!! So here's a hug just for you from me!
Linda, see you Wednesday morning!! Hopefully by 10:30 am!

Quote:
So you're working all night and then going out for breakfast with our Janet? Don't fall asleep on her stack of cakes. Are you both going to Sarah's memorial together? That would be so nice.
Kook, I'll keep Pas awake ... she needs to tell me all about those "budget" changes she will attempt to put in place for their June trip ..., feel I may need to "reign" our RC queen in here or there.....

Padawans, love your doggie story --we need to see a picture!

Wookie, Sept should have lower crowds than June (at least the later half of June when all schools are out). It will still be hot/humid, and historically has Free Dining if you are intested in that.... also Sept is value seaon ....

And Happy Birthday (a little early) -- is it January 10th??

HI to everyone else !!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #1419
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning to all!

Pas & Janet...hope you two enjoy your breakfast!! :Hugs: to both of you! Pas, thanks for the kind words.

Kook....CR thread???? What in the world?? Are you working for Disney, yet??? If not...apply...you should be getting paid for all the promotions. And will I be doing a mini TR on the Royal Rooms........yes. This is uncharted territory for me! I'll be like a kid in a candy shop

Linda....enjoy your trip to the World!! I know y'all will have lots of laughs and have loads of fun

Wookie...September is a great time to go if you don't want to be part of the masses; however it's hot! But I could certainly deal with "hot" if there aren't any long lines....plenty of places to cool off

Hope everyone else is having a beautiful Sunday morning!!!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #1420
padawans
DIS Veteran

Janet My tree is still up. I didn't do my Christmas shopping until Christmas eve...no lie. Wednesday am sounds like a plan. Let's pinky swear.

Heather Congrats on the spur of the moment trip. Those are my favorite. Hopefully it's not too stressful for a super organized planner like yourself.

Pas Your on a changing roll, and you still have 5 months.

MM and Jenny Congrats on being paid in full. I would pay mine off...but all those debits/credits/debits/credits..........You know how that is MM.

GG I can't keep up with all your trips. I may be a tad bit jealous.

Kook No trip in the works? What's up with that?

No changes for me. I'm thinking about a Dl trip for my ds's Bday next month. I'm still on the fence about Universal. I have spent so much money on Ap's. I'm not sure I want to buy more tickets, but RPR takes pets, and I got the room for 154.00 a night.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #1421
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post

Heather Congrats on the spur of the moment trip. Those are my favorite. Hopefully it's not too stressful for a super organized planner like yourself.
Thanks! Yep...I'm a little out of my element with this trip Kinda nice to just roll with it, ya know?!

Quote:
No changes for me. I'm thinking about a Dl trip for my ds's Bday next month. I'm still on the fence about Universal. I have spent so much money on Ap's. I'm not sure I want to buy more tickets, but RPR takes pets, and I got the room for 154.00 a night.
No changes for you???!! .....not for now anyway I looked at prices, too, for Universal. My kids haven't been, yet...we've definitely got to give it a try. Maybe one of the boys will want to do a short b-day trip there I'm secretly glad it was DHs idea to do MK for Faith's b-day...now when the boys say they want to do something similiar, how will he say no

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #1422
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Thanks! Yep...I'm a little out of my element with this trip Kinda nice to just roll with it, ya know?!

No changes for you???!! .....not for now anyway I looked at prices, too, for Universal. My kids haven't been, yet...we've definitely got to give it a try. Maybe one of the boys will want to do a short b-day trip there I'm secretly glad it was DHs idea to do MK for Faith's b-day...now when the boys say they want to do something similiar, how will he say no
If you give my boys a choice between Disney and Universal they will choose Universal every time. The best thing about Universal is the price. They always offer 20%-30% off rooms depending on how long you stay. No waiting around for discounts to be released. I can buy 3 day park hoppers for around 550.00. I think Disney is closer to 1100. You Can get CL rooms for 300.00 a night or less. The resorts are nicer than Disney's. The negatives are no fridges in the rooms, a fee for parking, a fee for the health club if your not staying CL, and the cost of drinks at the pool barClub level is the way to go.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #1423
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you give my boys a choice between Disney and Universal they will choose Universal every time. The best thing about Universal is the price. They always offer 20%-30% off rooms depending on how long you stay. No waiting around for discounts to be released. I can buy 3 day park hoppers for around 550.00. I think Disney is closer to 1100. You Can get CL rooms for 300.00 a night or less. The resorts are nicer than Disney's. The negatives are no fridges in the rooms, a fee for parking, a fee for the health club if your not staying CL, and the cost of drinks at the pool barClub level is the way to go.
No kidding??! They really like Universal better??? Oh geez...that would be my luck...they fall in love with that and refuse to go back to Disney I think I would cry. We haven't been in years...since we lived in Orlando and that was like 12 years ago. In all seriousness, it does sound quite nice and something that the kids would enjoy....and DH, since the price would be a bit lower $300 sounds like a huge deal after paying Disney CL prices! I'll have to get the hubby on this and start pricing things out. Thanks for the info

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #1424
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Wookie, Sept should have lower crowds than June (at least the later half of June when all schools are out). It will still be hot/humid, and historically has Free Dining if you are intested in that.... also Sept is value seaon ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Wookie...September is a great time to go if you don't want to be part of the masses; however it's hot! But I could certainly deal with "hot" if there aren't any long lines....plenty of places to cool off

Heather

We're really hoping for free dining. It seems like the better discount for us since we have 4 "Disney Adults". When I priced the trip, without the DDP, it was $2,800. I assume Deluxes get the regular DDP, so we would just have to pay for the upgrade to the DlxDDP. With the $200 deposit we've already put down. If you add the cost to upgrade to the DlxDDP, it brings the trip up to $3,207. Which makes the trip $1,000 cheaper than what it started out at.

I'm hoping that between having two TSs a day, and not having to wait in lines as long as in June, we'll have lots of chances to get out of the heat. Luckily, I still have the polar neck cooling thingies I bought for our last trip and my **** tubes. I'll just make sure to pack them for the trip to help with the heat and humidity.

They will still have to miss school, like they would if we had gone in January. The only difference is what kind of school they will be missing. By the time we go in September, they will still be getting used to the new routines, and not be as heavy into school work as they will be in January. When we would have gone in January, they would be getting ready to take semester (or make it's six week) exams. Plus, if we arrive the day after Labor Day, they only miss 4 days of school vs 5.

So far we've been to WDW in March (over Spring Break), in October, July (just the DH and I over 4th of July for our wedding anniversary), and early June. We're hoping the September crowds will be the lowest ones we have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
And Happy Birthday (a little early) -- is it January 10th??

HI to everyone else !!
Thank you. It is January 10th. Our youngest DS has a birthday on the 8th, and will be 14. He wants me to make Le Cellier's mushroom risotto with I will probably pair with rosemary pork chops. Then I ordered him a chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling with Neon (or Nyan) Cat on it. If you don't know what that is, it basically looks like a strawberry frosted pop tart with the head, tail, and legs of a grey cat that is flying through space while a rainbow comes out from under it's tail.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #1425
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi guys well my interview was on Friday, I must admit I am a tad scared and wondering if this job move is the right move -- I wouldn't want to bite off more than I could chew! If I get the job, I will be working full time, with a promotion up to admin level 3 from my current level 2 position. I'd be doing data entry/ working in inmate accounts -- and moving to a facility significantly larger than where I am ( going from approx 100 inmates to 2,000 / and a staff of 50 to approx 800 in the new facility) the one nice thing about a new facility is everything will be brand new from computers to desks and chairs I am second guessing myself about my interview -- you know how it is -- I am thinking there are things I could have answered better. I hate the waiting game, I should know in 2 weeks if I'll get an offer or not.
I am beginning to think if I DO get this job, I may plan a week/ rather 4 days in DL and perhaps a day to Universal California with my DS16 and his BFF next winter (perhaps Feb 2014 sometime). It is just a thought, I'll have to see how life shapes up in the next few weeks for me.
I don't know whether to hope for this new adventure or whether to hope I stay put! I'm very conflicted because I have it so good with my part time gig
I wish I knew what would be best! I have such a hard time with the new and the unknown
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: