Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #616
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ahhhhhh....Serenity Bay....beautiful, quiet, serene and lovely beach of crystal clear waters for children less visitors to Castaway Cay.....

We picked a spot, and relaxed blissfully....until it was time for a little pre-lunch ice cream-

Or a cookie-

Or a mug full of diet coke to be enhanced with the OTHER Captain we are interested in, Captain Morgan- Kara needed to finish up that big nearly empty plastic bottle o'rum she had dragged willingly onto 2 cruises now.

Soon it was time for lunch- and we were THRILLED with the choices! EVERYTHING tastes better down here on Serenity Bay- plus, they have steaks, grilled to order. Really, this was the first Cookies meal I have thoroughly enjoyed.

Some of our plates-

It was not a thick steak- but it was a very flavorful ribeye, and I REALLY REALLY enjoyed every single calorie free bite.

Bellies stuffed, it was time to roll back onto the beach-

Where someone was on a hunt for US!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #617
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Hooray you found him!

When we went, he was right past the boat, on the walking path. We were the first ones stalking him!

Food looks yummo!
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #618
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Someday, I hope to see Serenity Bay. Unfortunately, I don't think that day will arrive until Michael is about 10 years older.

I am happy dancing this morning. I have booked us to go to WDW last week of August. We are staying at the Beach Club. We have never been and I wanted to try something new. Plus, the idea of being that close to EPCOT really appeals to my cocktail...errrr, ummm....world culture-loving self!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #619
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

OMG ..... you are at CC, my paradise!

Glad you found Captain Jack and that you enjoyed Serenity Bay. And ... was I right about the food at Serenity Bay ... it's yummy isn't it!

Can't wait for more!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #620
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great to see you resumed the TR! That Serenity Bay is beautiful! I would love to do a cruise on DCL someday and CC is a major reason why.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #621
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Glad to see things have settled down for you. So happy your mission was accomplished! All that food is making me hungry, I am waiting on Jim to get home and eat with me while we watch The DUCKS beat Kansas St.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #622
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

You are back!! Glad to see this report again and going on. I have good news and bad....which do you want first.....
Well the good news is that I am still here and reading along.

The bad is that you gals missed yet another wine party here at my house last night. Hangover city today...started at 3pm and finished at 11:30. Found a GREAT local wine from Yamanashi. Got the headache when Captain Morgan joined in after all the wine was gone....also a Kahlua Cocoa to take me to dream land.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #623
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Love Serenity Bay! It is so relaxing. Ahhhhhhhh.

Glad you got to meet up with Jack finally. But I bet that you left such an impression that that is who is looking for you all out on the beach. He just can't get enought of the DisMoms!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #624
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

I'm so glad you are back!! DH and I love Serenity Bay! Next cruise we will need to eat lunch over there. I've never been all that impressed with lunch on the island. Maybe that will change my mind.

Can't wait to see read more!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #625
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Hooray you found him!

When we went, he was right past the boat, on the walking path. We were the first ones stalking him!

Food looks yummo!
Yea- that would seem to me an easier hunt than we had...We named this trip "Hunt for JS" before we even went- maybe we jinxed ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Someday, I hope to see Serenity Bay. Unfortunately, I don't think that day will arrive until Michael is about 10 years older.

That's ok- it will be waiting for you! Disney has great stuff for older ones- but so much more for the little ones. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I am happy dancing this morning. I have booked us to go to WDW last week of August. We are staying at the Beach Club. We have never been and I wanted to try something new. Plus, the idea of being that close to EPCOT really appeals to my cocktail...errrr, ummm....world culture-loving self!
It is great to try new things- especially at Disney- keep it fresh! That Epcot area is the best location, IMHO- you are going to looooooooooove the little walk (or stumble) home from Epcot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
OMG ..... you are at CC, my paradise!

Glad you found Captain Jack and that you enjoyed Serenity Bay. And ... was I right about the food at Serenity Bay ... it's yummy isn't it!

Can't wait for more!
Yes! You were really right- the food is MUCH better there, even when it's the same stuff. I guess serenity is underrated as a deserted island essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great to see you resumed the TR! That Serenity Bay is beautiful! I would love to do a cruise on DCL someday and CC is a major reason why.
The private island day on ANY cruise line is the best day, but I think CC is just so wonderful compared to the others- although, to be fair, it's been a while since I have been to any of the others, so.... but, for a DISgeek, CC is a must do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Welcome back! Glad to see things have settled down for you. So happy your mission was accomplished! All that food is making me hungry, I am waiting on Jim to get home and eat with me while we watch The DUCKS beat Kansas St.
So did they win? And yes- settled down is kind of relative, LOL!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #626
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
You are back!! Glad to see this report again and going on. I have good news and bad....which do you want first.....
Well the good news is that I am still here and reading along.

Well, that's good!

The bad is that you gals missed yet another wine party here at my house last night. Hangover city today...started at 3pm and finished at 11:30. Found a GREAT local wine from Yamanashi. Got the headache when Captain Morgan joined in after all the wine was gone....also a Kahlua Cocoa to take me to dream land.
UGH- Wine+a Captain+some sweet stuff= YIKES!!!!
Glad you are still with us-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Love Serenity Bay! It is so relaxing. Ahhhhhhhh.

Glad you got to meet up with Jack finally. But I bet that you left such an impression that that is who is looking for you all out on the beach. He just can't get enought of the DisMoms!
Well, aren't you the smart one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
I'm so glad you are back!! DH and I love Serenity Bay! Next cruise we will need to eat lunch over there. I've never been all that impressed with lunch on the island. Maybe that will change my mind.

Can't wait to see read more!
I was never impressed with lunch on the island, either. Until this day. It really makes a difference, probably because they are cooking for a LOT less people, but who knows? It IS a lot less crowded over there, so that's nice too.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #627
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #628
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So glad you found MY boyfriend.
I only had a chance to click a couple of pictures as we walked by on our last cruise. We didn't have time to stop and it never worked out later to go find him again.
I have yet to get to the adult area, but I hope to remedy that someday!
I hear the food is better over there too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #629
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Serenity looks much nicer than when we were there in uhh crud 2008..has it been that long? Wow depressing LOL. Glad you found the Captain though.. I mean the one that KJ brought.. not the dirty looking guy you took pics wih LMAO
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #630
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Yay you are back! I see (via FB) you have recently gone on another trip too! I hope it was wonderful!

Glad that rain stopped and that you found your man! That's a pretty good Jack too. Serenity Bay looks amazing... Hopefully I can get on a girls trip this year again and it will include Castaway Cay!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: