Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Please tell me about Super Bowl

We will be on the Feb 1 cruise and Super Bowl Sunday is on the 3rd. Will the bars be extremely packed? Do I need to get to the bars early? And, will I be able to see the funny commercials? Super Bowl Sunday is our Pirate night also.
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerra11 View Post
We will be on the Feb 1 cruise and Super Bowl Sunday is on the 3rd. Will the bars be extremely packed? Do I need to get to the bars early? And, will I be able to see the funny commercials? Super Bowl Sunday is our Pirate night also.
In the past, the ships have shown the game on the outside screen by the pools -- aka the Dumbotron or Aeriel Vision, or Funnel Vision. Unless the network broadcasting the game restricts the broadcast rights (unlikely.)
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
ready2cruz
Earning My Ears

We cruised over Super Bowl Sunday a couple years ago. We skipped our dining room meal that night and watched the game by the pool. There was a small poolside buffet set up with burgers, brats, hot dogs, etc. I remember getting a little chilly as we sailed and we grabbed pool towels to cover up with. We had a great night- helped that our team won that year too! No commercials during the game though. We were watching an international ESPN station so during commercial breaks we saw the same soccer commercial over & over again instead. Had a great crowd to watch the game with and we did get to see the halftime show. Enjoy!
ready2cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Wow, so excited to hear about the Super Bowl food....had no idea they did that!!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #6
Goofy39.3
Earning My Ears

We have been on Superbowl cruises the last 2 years. The Wonder in 2011 and the Magic in 2012. On the Wonder we watched the game on funnel vision. On the Magic we watched the game on a movie screen in the Promenade lounge. We made sure to get good seats early because the comfy chairs all got used. They served hot dogs, wings, and nschos. It was fun to watch the game with fans from all over the country. They did not show the commercials because they were getting the feed from a Mexican TV station. During the commercial breaks they would show the same soccer commercials over and over.
Goofy39.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #7
t4w
Time for Everything

DVR? or if nothing else VCR (lol)

I have "missed" the commercials several years now - I watch the the game at work and then do the unthinkable - the opposite of all other nights and all other shows - I fast forward through the plays and watch MOST of the commercials. Enjoy the cruise...commercial free
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #8
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4w View Post
I have "missed" the commercials several years now - I watch the the game at work and then do the unthinkable - the opposite of all other nights and all other shows - I fast forward through the plays and watch MOST of the commercials. Enjoy the cruise...commercial free
Yeah, I think I'll Will have to record the game before we leave so I can watch the commercials when I come home. Thanks
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
GervaisCouple
Mouseketeer

Formal Night?

We will be on the 7-night Western onboard the Fantasy in 2014 during Superbowl Sunday. I have heard mixed things about whether or not they alter the formal night schedule (which would normally fall on Sunday)...can anyone give more info?
GervaisCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GervaisCouple View Post
We will be on the 7-night Western onboard the Fantasy in 2014 during Superbowl Sunday. I have heard mixed things about whether or not they alter the formal night schedule (which would normally fall on Sunday)...can anyone give more info?
I'm on this cruise as well. We r not big football fans. So i will make sure to keep clear of the game
Old 09-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GervaisCouple View Post
Every post I have seen indicates that the formal night on that cruise has been moved to Monday night because they know the MDRs will be pretty empty.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
GervaisCouple
Mouseketeer

:-)

We are not big football fans either...although I have heard that they bring out some "football food"...and just a fun party atmosphere could add to the fun. Although, I am already worried about being able to choose which fun to have next!
GervaisCouple is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: