Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 AM   #31
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
Have you tried www.cruisecompete.com? They will send you quotes from about 5 different agencies, then you can compare and choose. The prices will be the same (unless an agency is unaware of a particular discount like Kids Sail Free), but the OBC usually differs. --Katie

This is a GREAT FREE SITE! Set up an account. Pick your cruise (ship and date), # of people going and ages, what type on room you want (be specific and use category room names (eg. Use cat4a vs. balcony). Put in your past pax#. Fil in anything you want in the comment field. Quotes will come in and they are to include your "all in" price (taxes,fees, etc. However, your price will NOT include insurance or transfers). They will also list your incentives they are able to offer (eg, OBC, free gratuities, free excursions, etc).

Just used this to book a cruise (not Disney) & saved 1100$ over current brochure rate. With Disney, your bang for your buck will be with the incentives.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #32
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

We used to use DU but no longer .. We use a company who are apparently not allowed to be named on this board. Have used them almost since the day they set up due to the bad behaviour from DU.

We have personally met our TA and she understands what we want ..we don't need to remind her of dinner seating nor about transfers, insurance or the like.

We are getting married in 2015 and she is not only handling all of the bookings, but she is invited too!!!

Each person will have a different view on each agency, but I think it's wise to ask them all for a quote and although you can ignore the price, it's what the customer service is like for me, then the onboard credit.

It seems that all are equal but some are more equal than others. Such a shame that suspensions are given to those who name their agency.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015

Last edited by bats; 01-07-2013 at 02:32 AM.
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #33
pershing
DIS Veteran

I have used DU for several cruises. They are fabulous. I have had 2 TA's. Both were great. I have Kelsie now and she is wonderful. Especially as I have switched things a million times (rooms, dates, etc). So patient with me.

I have not had the new room gift baskets yet from DU. I hear they are wonderful. I thought the past ones were wonderful!

I also like that the Dis Welcome Center is at Port Canaveral. I feel that if I had a last minute crisis, I could just show up there and ask for help. Or maybe I could call them from the terminal and they could come down the street.

I haven't tested that one out, thank goodness, but it's in the back of my mind as a nice security blanket!

btw DU is more than email. There is a phone number on your client service page if you needed to talk to someone right away. I have used it before as I tend to pay with Disney Gift Cards and pay last minute. Mostly I email.

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder

Last edited by pershing; 01-06-2013 at 05:45 AM.
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #34
JimGA
Mouseketeer

We are currently using DU and have had no problems.

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013

Disney World, November 2014, Port Orleans Riverside

Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #35
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

We are "using" www.SmallWorldVacations.com, but they haven't done anything for us to date since we rebooked online. I had heard they gave in room gifts - - - does anyone know? What kinds of things have you gotten?
AudreyKThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #36
sjlnv
Mouseketeer

Tracy Desjardin at Small World Vacation. She is the best. In the last week I have changed my cruise 4 times, and she did all the work. She got us a better deal then our onboard credit, so she pushed that resi to next yr, and then booked us our new cruise. She is amazing to work with! Also Small world puts a gift in your stateroom on return. So if you book with them this time, your next cruise, even if you book and transfer to them, you get their gift on that cruise! Mouse Saver also recommends Small World!
sjlnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #37
hoff41
We love us some cruisin'

I always wonder this: why are certain travel agents not allowed to be posted about on this site (they are blocked with *** when mentioned)? Because obviously DU allows competition since there SOME that are allowed.
July 2013 WDW - Marriott's Harbour Lake: DD First Trip to WDW
(to be booked) January 2016 - 2nd DD First Cruise
hoff41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #38
buggysmom1218
Earning My Ears

I used Anne Cook for my cruise in April 2012 and loved her!! She answered all my questions even if I asked the same one more than once (I was really concerned about whether or not we needed passports)!! I would recommend her to anyone. I will actually be using her to book my next cruise for next spring.
buggysmom1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #39
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingdisneyfan1 View Post
Hi there- we are looking to get the best rate possible on our cruise, and have considered quotes through Dreams Unlimited, Small World Vacations and Costco. What experience do you have with any of these agencies? All quotes are relatively the exact same with the same offerings, so I'm wondering how to choose on (literally two of them have the exact same quote & OBC offerings). Is OBC negotiable? Will TAs add on upgrades or extra OBC for booking with them over another one to secure business? I typically do my own bookings, but was considering a travel agent this time around.

Thanks for any info you can offer!
I got a quote from Dreams Unlimited once and they were horrible! Slow to respond and tough to deal with. I'm sticking with my AAA TA.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #40
sham10299
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND

I got a quote from Dreams Unlimited once and they were horrible! Slow to respond and tough to deal with. I'm sticking with my AAA TA.

Mike
That's interesting. I did the opposite. After a disaster when booking one of our trips to WDW with our local AAA TA, I chose DU for our cruise. The AAA TA, was extremely rude and incompetent. I made out better booking myself on previous trips and seemed to know more about the process than she did. I only used AAA during the Disney month for the perks which I found out were the same perks I previously got from Disney, except the AAA logo was added to them. I wrote an email to complain about a month before our trip, and the main office called me as I was getting off Splash Mt. and wanted to discuss the matter. Their fix was to send me a free photo album and a $50 coupon for another booking with their agency that expired in 6 months. So in other words, I had to give them more money and time to "save" $50. I vowed never to use AAA again. So far, DU has been wonderful! Fingers crossed.
sham10299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #41
CBEB
We're ready to do it again!
So far, we've managed to sprinkle lots of pixie dust

DU has been awesome for us. We've booked 8 cruises and 3 Adventures By Disney trips using DU and all has been flawless. When I want to make a change, add an extra night, just have a question, whatever... they respond very quickly - always within 24 hours, almost always within just a few hours!

We've never tried another agency - started with DU because of these fantastic DISBoards. We really appreciate their sponsorship as each of our vacations has benefited from all of the pre-info we gather from the DCL and ABD boards. Also can't complain about the nice on board credit they give us!
, Hilton Head 2000, WDW 2002 Wilderness Lodge, DCL 2003 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2004 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2005 7-Day Western, DCL 2006 7-Day Western, WDW 2007 Caribbean Beach, DCL 2008 15-Day WB Repo, DCL 2009 7-Day Tortola, DCL 2011 5-Day DREAM, DCL/ABD 2011 7-Day Alaska, ABD/HKDL 2012 12-Day China, Aulani 2014
CBEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #42
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlnv View Post
Tracy Desjardin at Small World Vacation. She is the best. In the last week I have changed my cruise 4 times, and she did all the work. She got us a better deal then our onboard credit, so she pushed that resi to next yr, and then booked us our new cruise. She is amazing to work with! Also Small world puts a gift in your stateroom on return. So if you book with them this time, your next cruise, even if you book and transfer to them, you get their gift on that cruise! Mouse Saver also recommends Small World!
Hi! Perhaps I will request Tracy, then . . . I am still confused about the gifts, though- do we get one for this cruise? or only for the next cruise if we rebook onboard? What kind of gift is it? My parents are first time Disney cruisers, so I want it to be extra special . . .
Thanks for the info!
AudreyKThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #43
lucky1
Face Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyKThompson View Post
Hi! Perhaps I will request Tracy, then . . . I am still confused about the gifts, though- do we get one for this cruise? or only for the next cruise if we rebook onboard? What kind of gift is it? My parents are first time Disney cruisers, so I want it to be extra special . . .
Thanks for the info!
If you are talking about a castaway club gift, you on receive that on your cruises after the first. As for gifts from a travel agent that really depends on the travel agent. When we booked our very first DCL in 1999, the travel agent (not sure they exist any more) sent us an in room gift. (I don't believe they had Stateroom credit). That is generally no the norm, most offer stateroom credit based on the length of the cruise and the class of stateroom. When we booked our next cruise with Tanya as SWV, we just received Stateroom credit, but the next 3 cruises we have received a stateroom gift. That might just be something she does but not sure it is something that SWV does.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #44
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

I am a little annoyed with DU. This is our first cruise but I did use them years ago on a WDW trip. I am using gift cards to pay for my trip that I purchase at Target. I use my red card combined with my pharmacy rewards to get a discount. Of course since they only come in $25 or $50 increments I usually have 20 at a time ($1000). I felt like I was being reprimanded the other day by my agent for using this many. She is stating that Disney only allows 10 cards a day. I have never been told this by any one else and know that there are quite a few people on the boards who also pay with gift cards they also get from Target.

Just puts a bad taste in my mouth and I don't see using them in the future

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #45
Steve BWV'99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemaxx View Post
We have used Dreams Unlimited many, many times and our agent, Merrie Thomas, is the best! She answers emails at night and on weekends and finds things out for you if she doesn't know off hand (silly things- like "is the hair dryer on the wall in the bathroom or in a drawer?") Also, we've gotten OBC both times we've booked cruises with them and even a complimentary bottle of champagne on our first cruise. Also fabulous for WDW trips. If a lower room-only rate is released, they will credit your reservation.
ITA Merrie has been a great agent, very responsive and great to work with. We recently booked our 2nd cruise with Merrie again!
May 2002 - Honeymoon! Boardwalk Villas/7-day Disney Cruise
May 2004 - Kapalua Bay Hotel-Maui
Xmas 2004 and 2005 - Disneyland
Nov 2010 and July 2011 - Disneyland
Feb 2012 - DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise
Nov 2012 and July 2013 - Disneyland
June 2014 WDW/Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy
Steve BWV'99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: