Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #151
Dancin Mom
Mousin' Around

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarefb View Post
I agree, I think its a great idea. My kids will love it

Has anybody thought about their planning before the cruise yet - thinking I need to start looking at hotels around the cruise terminal. We are thinking of heading to Seattle first & catching a couple of ball games (DS & DH are trying to catch a game at every ML stadium before he heads to college - luckily hes only 9....) then maybe a day or 2 in Vancouver to do Stanley Park etc.

Anyone got any bright ideas on hotels etc?

What excursions did you decide on? I'm thinking of going the kid friendly route, they have a 'family pack' of one excursion in every port that looks pretty cool. Makes it easy for me

Happy New Year to all my Dis friends - i honestly cannot wait for this cruise

We are going to Vancouver a couple of days ahead, the 29th, to enjoy a little bit before the cruise. I hear you! I can't wait either! Too exciting! As for excursions, we'll go for family friendly as well, they all look great, it will be hard to decide! Can't book them quite yet so we have a little while to figure it out!

Lori

Wonder: Thanksgiving week, Mexican Riviera, 2011
Wonder: July 1-8, 2013, Alaska
Fantasy: July 12-18, 2014, Eastern Caribbean
and countless visits to Disneyland ;-)
Dancin Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #152
Dancin Mom
Mousin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
Just about 6 months left to go! WHOOHOO!!

I hope everyone's Christmas/Kawnzaa/Festivus was lovely. I got plenty of useful Alaska goodies...a North Face fleece from my parents, a Longchamp fold-up travel handbag from my brother and sister-in-law, and a new MacBook Pro from DH (and myself ) for processing picture post-cruise. I hope Santa was just as good to everyone else!

Can I suggest a slightly crazy idea that I just saw today here on the DIS and thought sounded cute? How would everyone feel about organizing a PJ breakfast/brunch in the MDR one morning of our trip? Hopefully we could schedule it on Tracy Arm day or a sea day and work around people's Palo schedules. It would give us one other chance for a meetup in case people weren't able to make our meetup on the first day or didn't feel comfortable saying hello until they had a chance to see everyone else throughout the cruise. If the PJs thing is too goofy/not appropriate, or people think it will be tough to fit in, not a problem...just a cruise activity I hadn't heard of until just today!
I think the pajama party sounds fun!!!! Refresh my memory, as I've only been on the Wonder one other time, what does MDR stand for?

We need to get some warm clothing for Alaska badly!! We don't own the stuff since we live in So Cal and don't need much of it! I'm figuring on getting the layers that go underneath clothes, but will probably all need warmer jackets than we currently own, too!

Lori

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #153
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Mom View Post
I think the pajama party sounds fun!!!! Refresh my memory, as I've only been on the Wonder one other time, what does MDR stand for?

We need to get some warm clothing for Alaska badly!! We don't own the stuff since we live in So Cal and don't need much of it! I'm figuring on getting the layers that go underneath clothes, but will probably all need warmer jackets than we currently own, too!

Lori
MDR = Main Dining Room. Probably Triton's, although I think the restaurant with a sit-down breakfast may change day-to-day. I'll look more into this once everyone's excursion/spa/Palo booking window opens so we can figure out a day that works well for everyone.

Planning for the weather is tricky, even here in the frigid northeast :P I think my new North Face fleece will work nicely, especially with a rain shell to go over it. I'm trying to plan out clothing like I did on our trips to San Fran and wine country - layers, layers, layers, that can be easily put on or taken off.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #154
lynnemcb
Mouseketeer

Hi we will be joining you for this cruise - Lynne, Ivor, Emily who will be 12 at time of cruise and Jonathan 9 years. We,re from Scotland and this will be our 7th cruise , last one being Hawaii in October.

Can't wait - think the weather will be somewhat like Scotland by all accounts

Looking to sign up for fe as well -on last cruise we did a postcard exchange which was real fun and didn't take up much room in luggage. Got lots of at cards from different places.

If there's any help needed organising anything just give me a shout

Lynne
1998/99 - offsite, 2000 - WDW Inline Hockey Tournament, 2001 - Offsite, 2002 - Offsite, 2003 Bought DVC - Vero & BW, 2004 - WDW BW/ OKW/ SS, 2005 -WDW OKW, 2006 - Disneyland Paris /WDW OKW, 2007 - DCL Eastern & SS / Lanzarote 2008 - Paris/ DCL Western & WDW SS, 2009 -New York /DCL Eastern & WDW AKL April 2010 - DCL Med Cruise Oct 2010 - OKW , SS and Atlanta 2011 LA / Disneyland/WDW Disney Dream, 2012 Disneyland and DCL Hawaii, 2013 DCL Alaska, Vancouver and LA, 2014 Las Vegas
lynnemcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #155
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnemcb View Post
Hi we will be joining you for this cruise - Lynne, Ivor, Emily who will be 12 at time of cruise and Jonathan 9 years. We,re from Scotland and this will be our 7th cruise , last one being Hawaii in October.

Looking to sign up for fe as well -on last cruise we did a postcard exchange which was real fun and didn't take up much room in luggage. Got lots of at cards from different places.

Lynne
Welcome, Lynne and family! I'm sending you everything you need.

Feel free to help us silly Americans out with preparing for the weather! Right now all we know is wear layers and prepare for rain
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #156
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

OK West Coasters...I have to get excited about something here because I don't think I have any other pals who will understand why I'm excited!

I just finished planning out day-by-day my Disneyland plans for March on the phone with the other couple we're visiting with...and, since our trip is less than 90 days away, I made reservations for the four of us at the chef's counter at Napa Rose!

Our pals will be semi-celebrating their first anniversary on our trip...so I noted that on the reservation but am not telling them

Would be happy to share all the other details if anyone cares We have a LOT of fun stuff planned, as this will be all of our first visits to DLR after many, many collective trips to WDW. (Two of us grew up going to Florida constantly, one is from Florida...and one is my husband. He's kind of a late bloomer.)
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #157
Dancin Mom
Mousin' Around

Talking

Welcome Lynne!
I will definitely need help with knowing what to wear for the climate, as I'm a California girl, I'm clueless about the cold! I'm already planning for the FE! My daughter and I had so much fun on the last cruise being little elves
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnemcb View Post

Lynne

Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #158
Dancin Mom
Mousin' Around

Thumbs up

Share away! I love everything Disneyland ! Oh! In Downtown disney be sure to go to the Vault store. It's my favorite! I think you'll like it, too!!! Napa Rose will be nice! Enjoy!!

Lori

Quote:
OK West Coasters...I have to get excited about something here because I don't think I have any other pals who will understand why I'm excited!

I just finished planning out day-by-day my Disneyland plans for March on the phone with the other couple we're visiting with...and, since our trip is less than 90 days away, I made reservations for the four of us at the chef's counter at Napa Rose!

Our pals will be semi-celebrating their first anniversary on our trip...so I noted that on the reservation but am not telling them

Would be happy to share all the other details if anyone cares We have a LOT of fun stuff planned, as this will be all of our first visits to DLR after many, many collective trips to WDW. (Two of us grew up going to Florida constantly, one is from Florida...and one is my husband. He's kind of a late bloomer.)

Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #159
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Mom View Post
Share away! I love everything Disneyland ! Oh! In Downtown disney be sure to go to the Vault store. It's my favorite! I think you'll like it, too!!! Napa Rose will be nice! Enjoy!!

Lori
Duly noted! Hopefully we will have some time on our arrival day to explore DTD...we might also go on departure day for an hour or two after leaving the parks.

I don't think the DTD in Disney World has that store - what makes it so unique? I confess that the World of Disney store in Florida sends me into hysterical fits of happiness....as does the Christmas store...as does the toy store...
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #160
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

The Vault has an edgier, hip type of Disneyana. Mostly female clothing and accessories but some interesting knock knacks as well. I have to admit that I'll occasionally run into the store to check it out.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #161
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
The Vault has an edgier, hip type of Disneyana. Mostly female clothing and accessories but some interesting knock knacks as well. I have to admit that I'll occasionally run into the store to check it out.
Sounds up my alley
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #162
Dancin Mom
Mousin' Around

Steve beat me to it! but yes, it's edgier and that's where I get my Disney tops, they are perfect for young women and juniors. They also tend to have a lot of Alice stuff, and I love it!

Lori

Quote:
Duly noted! Hopefully we will have some time on our arrival day to explore DTD...we might also go on departure day for an hour or two after leaving the parks.

I don't think the DTD in Disney World has that store - what makes it so unique? I confess that the World of Disney store in Florida sends me into hysterical fits of happiness....as does the Christmas store...as does the toy store...

Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #163
Pixiedustdawn
Mouseketeer

Not good at keeping up on the Dis boards. sorry...

Just wanted to let you know, I am still onboard with you all.

If anyone decides to open a fb page for this sailing, let me know. I would love to join.

Dawn
Old 01-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #164
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedustdawn View Post
Not good at keeping up on the Dis boards. sorry...

Just wanted to let you know, I am still onboard with you all.

If anyone decides to open a fb page for this sailing, let me know. I would love to join.

Dawn
I'm not sure if everyone has Facebook in this group, but so long as we also keep this thread active, I'm happy to set a group up! I am assuming we'd want it to be a private/closed group...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #165
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

I'm with you, thus thread is where we will draw new people it should bethe primary place for communication. However many people, including myself, check Facebook more often than the DIS.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: