Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #1396
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

I was wondering what everyone thought about lanyards? One cruise I went on we did lanyards and I still use mine for my metro pass. What do you think...is there a use for lanyards? I live and work in the DC area and everyone has badges and stuff hanging from their neck, but I don't know about away from here...is it just a "DC" thing? Is it something that everyone would like even if it's just on the ship?

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #1397
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

snuck right in there....lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #1398
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

ooops...who did I scoop> who was out there lurking?

and I wasn't even trying yet!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #1399
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
snuck right in there....lol

as to the statement about waiting, I agree, but how long?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #1400
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
I was wondering what everyone thought about lanyards? One cruise I went on we did lanyards and I still use mine for my metro pass. What do you think...is there a use for lanyards? I live and work in the DC area and everyone has badges and stuff hanging from their neck, but I don't know about away from here...is it just a "DC" thing? Is it something that everyone would like even if it's just on the ship?
I never use lanyards, but others may. On our last cruise a few people chipped in and bought the group wristbands with the group name and sail date. They were lime green and we were able to identiy ourselves easily on the ship. Just another option. Helped meet people we may have missed at the meet and greet.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #1401
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
I never use lanyards, but others may. On our last cruise a few people chipped in and bought the group wristbands with the group name and sail date. They were lime green and we were able to identiy ourselves easily on the ship. Just another option. Helped meet people we may have missed at the meet and greet.
yeah, my last cruise, one of the people bought wristbands...ours were red, whit e and blue because we were sailing over election day.....

I had a feeling it's only us that have to be 'tagged'

Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1402
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Just did something to make Darling co-worker

Going to WDW over Columbus Day weekend, adding two days....yep....I love DVC, and I have enough miles to book both our tickets...and so does Sulley....so only cost is food....some days the planets really align!!!!

By the end of February I will have 45.5 credit hours....thanks to Darling Co-Worker forever after known here as Evil Queen or EQ for short!
good for you....Karma...Karma is waiting for her....and most likely it will not be good!!

Quote:
I do wear badges all day, however, I would need to keep mine "out" as we also use it, to punch in and out.

The wristbands are sound good.

I think that we should wait at least till February 1st on voting, if any of the other people are going to start posting, they hopefully will start by the end of the month...
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #1403
Ccann
Mouseketeer

1. Can someone tell me how to quote more than one person in a post from an IPhone?

2. I think we should wait for the group name just a little longer.

3. I like lanyards, or even shirts. (I get great deals on shirts). I am not a fan of a wrist band but that's just me.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #1404
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Lanyards and wristbands

I always use a lanyard when cruising--don't need one for work since I'm retired! Wristbands are an interesting idea--guess they'd need to be red and green, maybe with bells--Angie

Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Mexico--1995

Carnival: Fantasy, Bahamas--1996, Inspiration, Western Caribbean--2002, Pride, Mexico--2005, Spirit, Mexico--2009, Glory, Nowhere--2010
Glory, Bahamas--2010 (back-to-back), Freedom, Western Caribbean--2010, Legend, Western Caribbean--2012, Glory, Bahamas--2012 (Hurricane Sandy), Miracle, Alaska--May 2013, Carnival Miracle, Alaska--Sept. 2013

America Hawaii: Independence, Hawaii--2000

Princess: Star Princess, Alaska--2003, Coral Princess, Panama Canal--2007, Coral Princess, San Francisco to Vancouver--2007, Golden Princess, Mexico--2008, Dawn Princess, Alaska--2008, Crown Princess, Eastern Caribbean--2009, Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada--2009, Sapphire Princess, Mexico--2009, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2011, Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean--2012, Grand Princess, Mexico-2013

Disney: Magic, Western Caribbean--2009, Magic, Eastern Caribbean--2010, Dream, Bahamas--2012

Norwegian: Epic, Eastern Caribbean--2011

Holland-America: Westerdam, Alaska--2012

TradeWinds: Pantera--2013

Anticipating: Disney Fantasy--2013, Carnival Miracle, Mexico--Jan. 2014, RCCL Legend of the Seas, Trans Atlantic, Sept. 2014, Royal Princess, Caribbean, Dec. 2014, NCL Getaway, Eastern Caribbean, Jan. 2015

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #1405
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
I do wear badges all day, however, I would need to keep mine "out" as we also use it, to punch in and out.

The wristbands are sound good.

I think that we should wait at least till February 1st on voting, if any of the other people are going to start posting, they hopefully will start by the end of the month...
ah, another tagged-and-bagged as we say around here. I actually don't wear a lanyard on the ship as it makes me feel like I'm at work

I was thinking March 1---that's 9 months out....what does everyone else think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
1. Can someone tell me how to quote more than one person in a post from an IPhone?

3. I like lanyards, or even shirts. (I get great deals on shirts). I am not a fan of a wrist band but that's just me.
I don't even know how to quote on my iPhone at all.

We did shirts and they turned out well...once we get a name and a design, perhaps we can look into that further? I love shirts more than anything, as Sulley will tell you! I need to make a tee-shirt quilt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
I always use a lanyard when cruising--don't need one for work since I'm retired! Wristbands are an interesting idea--guess they'd need to be red and green, maybe with bells--Angie
Oh, sooooo jealous!!! One of these days I can retire too!

love the bells idea!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #1406
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink

ah, another tagged-and-bagged as we say around here. I actually don't wear a lanyard on the ship as it makes me feel like I'm at work

I was thinking March 1---that's 9 months out....what does everyone else think?

I don't even know how to quote on my iPhone at all.

We did shirts and they turned out well...once we get a name and a design, perhaps we can look into that further? I love shirts more than anything, as Sulley will tell you! I need to make a tee-shirt quilt!

Oh, sooooo jealous!!! One of these days I can retire too!

love the bells idea!!!
9 months sounds great!!!

I don't get on the desk top for the dis boards, I get side tracked easily so I just have the app for quick looks and easy lurking...lol

Last weekend I took a handful of shirts and cut squares out of them. I needed more room in my drawers and always wanted a quilt. I still have to cut the shirts in the 30gal tote in the garage. And of course I still need a sewing machine and I am set.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #1407
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Hello to everyone sailing Dec 2013! We did this Cruise December 2012 and had so much fun that we booked on board for Dec 7, 2013.

I just found this thread and will have a lot of reading to catch up on.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #1408
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann

Trying this on my iPhone. If it works I'll let you know how I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM94
Hello to everyone sailing Dec 2013! We did this Cruise December 2012 and had so much fun that we booked on board for Dec 7, 2013.

I just found this thread and will have a lot of reading to catch up on.
Welcome aboard. Check out our web page, the link is in my signature.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1409
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post

Here is how to multi-quote on your IPhone:

1. Tap the little arrow on the gray line (the area with the disname and date) for the post you want to quote, you can really tap anywhere in the gray area. You will see a little white box on the left, next to Share. Click the white box and the gray line will turn yellow.

2. Do this for any of the posts you want to quote.

3. After you have selected all the posts, click the arrow in the box in the upper right hand corner of the screeen.

4. Then just select multi-quote reply and you are ready to respond.

5. Hit end when you are finished.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #1410
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Going for it............ who is going to steal it from me?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: