facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #2791
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
I figured that was a cumulative loss, Brandi! It is awesome. You've inspired me to drink my water tonight. I also went back to sparkpeople for tracking food and exercise starting today.
Whoop! That is awesome.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #2792
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Ugh is anyone else sick? I have a crazy running nose/head cold/sore throat no fever...Been like this for 2 days today is day 3. trying to workout but its rough.

what are your thought working out when sick?
I think it helps me feel better, always sweat out a cold right?

but I know it is hard to be motivated to do it...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #2793
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I think it helps me feel better, always sweat out a cold right?

but I know it is hard to be motivated to do it...
I sucked it up and worked out 2 days in a row feeling like this..but today I just dont have the energy to do it :0(

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #2794
dgbg100106

Quote:
I sucked it up and worked out 2 days in a row feeling like this..but today I just dont have the energy to do it :0(
You will be fine and I hope you feel better soon.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #2795
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:
My dr. said working out is good if something is just coming on, as long as you stay extra-hydrated. However, if your sickness makes you feel like you have no energy, that's your body's signal to rest and heal.
I felt like something was coming on this morning, sore throat and headache, so I drank extra fluids, took zinc, and hit the gym. I swear by zinc at the very beginning of a cold, but once you really feel crummy, I think fluids and rest are the way to go. Have some chicken soup, and try to drink at least 8 oz. of something every hour you are awake!
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #2796
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Hi everyone
I have been on this thread in the past, but never really stuck around. I am hoping this time will be different!

I just had a new baby on December 1st and find myself weighing more than I ever have in my life. So I rejoined WW last Thursday and plan on getting my weight in control. I hope getting back on this thread will also make that happen! I am on the Dis more now that we are planning a trip in the fall...so I have no excuse to make an effort to check in here and get inspired by all of you!

I really have no big goal rather I am going to start with my first 5%...which is 11 pounds.

I am looking forward to this year!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #2797
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Hi everyone
I have been on this thread in the past, but never really stuck around. I am hoping this time will be different!

I just had a new baby on December 1st and find myself weighing more than I ever have in my life. So I rejoined WW last Thursday and plan on getting my weight in control. I hope getting back on this thread will also make that happen! I am on the Dis more now that we are planning a trip in the fall...so I have no excuse to make an effort to check in here and get inspired by all of you!

I really have no big goal rather I am going to start with my first 5%...which is 11 pounds.

Welcome back, and congrats on your little guy. A 5% start is a great goal. Little by little, and next thing you know, it's fall and you're in great shape for your trip.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #2798
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
My dr. said working out is good if something is just coming on, as long as you stay extra-hydrated. However, if your sickness makes you feel like you have no energy, that's your body's signal to rest and heal.
I felt like something was coming on this morning, sore throat and headache, so I drank extra fluids, took zinc, and hit the gym. I swear by zinc at the very beginning of a cold, but once you really feel crummy, I think fluids and rest are the way to go. Have some chicken soup, and try to drink at least 8 oz. of something every hour you are awake!
I really like emergen-c

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #2799
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Hi everyone

Congratulations and welcome back!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #2800
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Hi peeps! I'll do my first weigh in for my base weight tomorrow morning! I meant to do it this morning and totally forgot. I decided to weigh in on Mondays to try to make myself do better on the weekends!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #2801
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Hey, PD, good to see you here. I'm taking some friends to dinner Thursday night and weighing in on Friday. That should have the same effect, right?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #2802
The Eighth Dwarf
Mouseketeer

Hello, hello, nervously peeks head round door,
Yip I'm back, feeling a bit guilty for not visiting as much as I should have.
Anyway quick recap , made my goal of 50 pounds to disney last year, ended up losing 82 pounds altogether. Got my weight to a place where I was comfortable.
Went to Disney and put on 12 pounds In a fortnight , yeah 12 pounds.
Lost 8 pounds of that before Christmas and then ate more than any sane person would.
I haven't as yet done my weigh in cause I want at least 2 weeks in the gym to take the rough edges off first.
So my new plan is to lose 14 pounds before I go back to disney in August.

Not sure if this will work but here's a before and what I look like today.

October 2011 Old Key west
The Eighth Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #2803
dgbg100106

82 pounds That is awesome.....

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #2804
AaronInWI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eighth Dwarf View Post
Hello, hello, nervously peeks head round door,
Yip I'm back, feeling a bit guilty for not visiting as much as I should have.
Anyway quick recap , made my goal of 50 pounds to disney last year, ended up losing 82 pounds altogether. Got my weight to a place where I was comfortable.
Went to Disney and put on 12 pounds In a fortnight , yeah 12 pounds.
Lost 8 pounds of that before Christmas and then ate more than any sane person would.
I haven't as yet done my weigh in cause I want at least 2 weeks in the gym to take the rough edges off first.
So my new plan is to lose 14 pounds before I go back to disney in August.

Not sure if this will work but here's a before and what I look like today.

Amazing progress! You should be so proud of yourself! You look like a different person (in a good way, of course). Any big secret to your success? That's about the same amount as I lost as well. For me, Weight Watchers was the key. It's really the only thing that's worked for me. I've tried counting calories/fat/carbs, but those numbers get too big to keep track of. WW points only go up into the 30's, so it is easier for me to do. And of course exercise as well. But I abhor exercise; I wish I was a gym rat who loved working out, but I'm not. So it is a constant struggle to keep myself motivated to work out. But I still manage to drag my lazy butt to the gym 4-5 times a week, because I know I have to do that to lose and keep the weight off.

I had a good week, and I'm cautiously optimistic about my weigh in tomorrow morning. I followed the WW plan to a "T", and I've been to the gym every day this week. This is my first week back on plan since before Thanksgiving, and I REALLY need a good number tomorrow to set my mind at ease. It'll be a bit of a letdown if I didn't lose something, anything, this week.

Here's hoping for a bunch of good numbers from everybody tomorrow!

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
AaronInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #2805
AaronInWI
Mouseketeer

Hello Peeps! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was up and down. Friday I weighed in for the first time -- I was -2.2! Yay!

But then it was downhill from there. The Packers lost on Saturday. Booooo!

And then on Sunday we went to Costco and Kohl's since my wife had a 30% off coupon and a gift card she got from some coworkers. She bought a few things, and as we were heading to the checkout, she asked if I wanted or needed anything. At first I said no, then I changed my mind and said I'd look at the clearance racks (I'm a cheap-skate) for a sweater or two for work. I found a couple I liked and tried them on. They didn't fit... A year and a half ago, I was comfortably wearing size small. Now mediums don't look good. So depressing! It literally ruined the rest of my day and weekend. I'm still down about it today. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I take things like that really hard. I have a closet full of clothes that either don't fit or just don't look good, and I can't find anything at the store that looks good either. I guess what they say is true - ignorance is bliss. If I hadn't tried on those sweaters, I probably would be fine today. But that just brought all of those old "I'm just a fatso and I always will be" feelings rushing back again. UGH!!!

Ok, enough of my pity party. Time to use this as motivation to keep pushing forward. Onward and upward!

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
AaronInWI is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: