Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #1651
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

Wow quietgirl, I love those pics from the outside of BOG!! I am SO excited to see it in person!!
And just saw DonalDoleWhip's update--more awesome pics!!

Last edited by Giselle22; 01-05-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #1652
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then emmebear & Emme spent some time at Epcot and sent us these pics.

"Emme getting her face painted."

"A Stella in England"

"We're at Innoventions West, learning to save money for college."

"No more holiday topiaries...they planted lots of flowers."

"A very enthusiastic Emme at Epcot."

Then back at their condo at the Grand Beach Resort, they had this non-Disney snack...

Totino's Pizza Rolls

And just a couple more pics from their condo...

"Our jacuzzi tub...this thing is awesome!"

2 Bonus Points Earned for all the Misc. Epcot & Condo pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #1653
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
DDW......
Those are some of the most beautiful pictures I've seen of Fantasyland!!! Perfection! And of course the wonderful food
What kind of camera did you use taking those photos? I'm in love wth them!

Some really great updates these last couple days! Loving that Lapu Lapu and looking very much forward to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giselle22 View Post
Wow quietgirl, I love those pics from the outside of BOG!! I am SO excited to see it in person!!

I quite agree...the January team has definitely brought their "A" Game to the Disney Dining plate!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #1654
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
[CENTER]We also received some more great updates from DonaldDoleWhip. I will post part of these tonight and the rest I will save for the morning.

First we have a snack update from the...

Boardwalk Bakery

Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake

DDW said, "It was delicious! (and big enough to share)"

He added, "As you often say, Boardwalk Bakery is definitely one of the best places for cupcakes."

Gotta say that I'm not surprised to see DDW with a cupcake!!! Seriously, what a treat to see DDW's photos and trip highlights.

I agree, these January reports sure are keeping us satisfied with their great reviews and updates. Thanks again Barb for all this hard work!

Your Food around the World feast photos were INCREDIBLE!!! What an awesome job.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1655
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Barb if you still need live reports for late Feb/early March, we will be there from 2/23 to 3/4. Emily and I can do some live reporting. This is the trip she is planning so it may be more her than me!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #1656
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now for the first update from Robin (ciera321) and her family, who arrived today at Disney World.

Their first Disney meal was at Downtown Disney's...

Wolfgang Puck Express

Spaghetti and Meatballs with tomato-basil-garlic sauce and fresh herbs

Robin said, "My DH Tim had this. He loved it and practically licked the plate."

Spaghetti Bolognese with meat sauce, peas and parmesan cheese

"This was a repeat for me from our June trip. It is full of flavor with meat, peas, carrots, and lots of garlic. Very good! Luckily I have mints."

Four Cheese Macaroni

Our DS Alex had this. He's never met a mac and cheese he didn't like, and this was no exception. Hot and cheesy!"

Creme Brulee

"For dessert we had the creme brulee. It was good, but we've had a lot better at Disney World!"

2 January Game Points Earned

Old 01-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #1657
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Barb if you still need live reports for late Feb/early March, we will be there from 2/23 to 3/4. Emily and I can do some live reporting. This is the trip she is planning so it may be more her than me!

Of course...I would love to have you and Emily on the February team! Thanks Brenda!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #1658
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Of course...I would love to have you and Emily on the February team! Thanks Brenda!
And I don't even need your #!!

Thanks Barb!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #1659
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now we have another update from Christina (DisneyMamato4).

She and her family went to the AKL - Kidani Village tonight to have dinner at...

SANAA

Mustard Seed-crusted Scallops with a Coconut Cream Sauce

Christina said, "We had the bread service to start but the kids got to it before I could take a picture. First pic is of my scallops. They are on the appetizer menu but I got them as my main with a side of basmati rice. They were wonderful and cooked to perfection."

Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned - Butter Chicken and Lamb Vindaloo with Five-grain rice pilaf

"My husband got this and asked that they up the heat a little and they were happy to accommodate. He ate the whole thing and loved it."

Tandoori Lamb with Five-grain rice pilaf

"This was my oldest's entree. She got it last time and has always loved it. The lamb was cooked a nice medium and very tender."

Kids Mac & Cheese

"The other kids got mac and cheese and grilled chicken."

Christina's DS Jack with his grilled chicken (I think???)

For dessert, they split these...

Banana Kulfi Sundae with warm chocolate sauce, strawberries, and spiced cashews

Dessert Trio - (from left to right)Chocolate Cake, Chai Cream, and Tropical Fruit Kulfi

Christina said, "I just love the chai cream!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Point for including Jack in a pic

Old 01-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #1660
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next is an update from quietgirl.

She said, "Today we headed into World Showcase, and of course over to La Patisserie in France! It's a tradition for us to go there! Apparently everybody had the same idea, 'cause they were hopping!
Can't wait till the expansion is complete here!!"

"The crowd in front."

"They had a great window display..."

"Including various breads."

"We wanted a ham tartine, but they ran out right then (as this pic shows)."

"So we just went with the cheese tartine. Very much like a French bread pizza, truly a great snack!!

"I also got the cheesecake, because I just LOVE cheesecake. This is probably my fave cheesecake on property, except maybe Germany. (Anybody have any others they suggest?) Not a fan of sauce or fruit, just love it plain!"

She added, "We both loved this, and would absolutely get again. They had a triple choc cake that looked delicious, but steered clear of it for now... Maybe next time!!"

Part II of quietgirl's lunch coming up next!

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for the extra non-food pics

Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #1661
jabead
DIS Veteran

Part II of quietgirl's lunch update is from...

Tangierine Cafe

"One of our favorite counter services in all of Disney world is Morocco. We make it a point to go every trip!
They were much busier than usual, but very efficient and friendly."

Shawarma Platter - Chicken & Lamb Combo
served with side of Hummus, Tabouleh and a Tangierine Couscous Salad with fresh Moroccan bread

quietgirl said, "We got the combo platter, which was divine as always!! This platter is what sold me on lamb! And the hummus is yummus! Different this time tho- instead of the chicken being in slices like the lamb, and always has been in the past, tonight it was in chunks. Still delicious, just prefer the consistency of the slices."

"Baklava for dessert, and as much as I love this spot, I wish they'd change the dessert! It was as I remembered... Blech. DGF doesn't mind it as much as I do, and ate about half."

"We explored the pavilion for a bit after that..."

"And even thought about Marrakesh for a meal later- we've been toying with the notion for awhile, but it never happens!!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for "Drummer" and menu pics

Old 01-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #1662
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
DDW......
Those are some of the most beautiful pictures I've seen of Fantasyland!!! Perfection! And of course the wonderful food
What kind of camera did you use taking those photos? I'm in love wth them!
Thanks so much! I used two cameras on that trip: a point-and-shoot (Canon PowerShot ELPH 500HS) and my iPhone 4S camera. Sometimes the iPhone pics can be a bit dull, so I use an Instagram filter to make the colors bolder (these are the square-shaped pics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giselle22 View Post
I'm really glad you like the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Gotta say that I'm not surprised to see DDW with a cupcake!!! Seriously, what a treat to see DDW's photos and trip highlights.
It wouldn't be a Disney trip without at least one cupcake. (okay, that's a lie, but there's no way I was turning down those holiday-inspired cupcakes ).
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #1663
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

It's great to see a menu from Marrakesh! Haven't been there in years, but I have fond memories of their couscous entrees and the Marrakesh Delight dessert.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #1664
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our next update is from glasslipper.

She and her family had dinner last night at Epcot's...

Biergarten

German Beer Flight - Four Pours 5 oz each - $10.00
Radeberger Pilsner, Schöfferhofer Weizen, Altenmünster Oktoberfest, and Hövels

glasslipper said, "We had dinner last night at Biergarten in Germany. Here is DH's plate, he had German sausages sauerkraut, chicken, and potatoes. He also had a beer flight which he loved."

"DD's plate - she had the chicken, spatzle, salad, and pretzel bread. It was all good! The chef at Biergarten was great with the dairy intolerance, he came by the table and walked through the line with DD and told her what she could have from the buffet and brought dairy free dumplings, salad dressing, and desserts."

"My plate - I had the pretzel bread, German potatoes, beans, chicken, salad, and pork loin, everything was good!
The German potato salad was especially good."

For dessert, everyone but DD had the apple strudel with a vanilla cream and a Bavarian cheesecake, both were great!

Her DD's Dessert Plate

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for Beer Flight

Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #1665
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then this morning, glasslipper & family again had this treat from the POFQ Resort's...

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Beignets

Then they headed to Animal Kingdom, where they had lunch at...

Yak & Yeti

Yak Attack - Mango daiquiri, Bacardi Light rum and wildberry flavors.

glasslipper said, "Here is my Yak Attack, amazing!"

"DD's virgin mango daiquiri, great!"

"DH'S Safari Amber beer, he really liked it even though he doesn't normally like dark beer."

Big Bamboo
Malibu Coconut rum, Bacardi Light rum, DeKuyper banana liqueur and tropical fruit juices.

"DS's Big Bamboo, he liked it!"

Duck with Anandapur Glaze - roasted half duckling, orange wasabi glaze, jasmine rice, and stir-fried vegetables

"DS's Anandapur duck, it had a crispy skin and he really liked the entree!"

Maple Tamarind Chicken - Seared chicken breast, Indonesian tamarind glaze, coconut ginger rice, baby bok choy, and shiitake mushroom stir fry

"DD and I shared the maple tamarind chicken, it was great! It had a great sauce on the chicken."

Kobe Beef Burger - 10 oz grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy sauce, mayonnaise, and crispy shoestring fries.

"DH'S Kobe burger, he liked it. It is a good option for someone who doesn't like Asian food."

Then later they had these snacks...

4 January Game Points Earned (for Yak & Yeti update, ice cream snacks, and beignets) + 1 Bonus Point for the new cocktail (Big Bamboo)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: