Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
UncleAndy
Earning My Ears

Travel with nephew with only birth certificate?

Hi,

Have a cruise next month with my parents (60's), me (30's) and my niece and nephew (both under 16).

We will have original or certified birth certificates for each kid and a parental release also certified.

But, the parents of these two kids will not be going on the cruise.

Do anyone think that there will be any problems with this documentation? We all have the same last name, but different addresses.

(My brother failed to get the kids' passports in time. I checked the DCL website, and read through some threads here, so I think we're covered, but I'd rather not find out otherwise on the day of the cruise).
UncleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Llges
Earning My Ears

My brother found out yesterday that he could not miss work next week, and we cruise out tomorrow! Yikes!!! I called disney, it's actually a simple process to bring a minor who is no yours. Parents just have to fill out a minor authorization form from the website. Doesn't have to be notarized or anything. Still bring birth certificates of course, but that's it. We are actually a friend of my daughters in his place.
Llges is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleAndy View Post
Hi,

Have a cruise next month with my parents (60's), me (30's) and my niece and nephew (both under 16).

We will have original or certified birth certificates for each kid and a parental release also certified.

But, the parents of these two kids will not be going on the cruise.

Do anyone think that there will be any problems with this documentation? We all have the same last name, but different addresses.

(My brother failed to get the kids' passports in time. I checked the DCL website, and read through some threads here, so I think we're covered, but I'd rather not find out otherwise on the day of the cruise).
No problem at all, provided that you all return to the US on board one of the Disney ships.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
No problem at all, provided that you all return to the US on board one of the Disney ships.
Yep. The only reason a passport would be required is in case of some sort of emergency where they need to fly back. The passport is really a kind of insurance in my eyes. In your situation, I'd make sure their parents understand the risk if the "worst case" happens. Perhaps they can pay extra and get expedited passports still? I'd definitely at least have the discussion with the parents so they understand the situation.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: