Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
AnnieDan_Artlover
Mouseketeer

Technically, it's not twice in the same year... - BACK ON!!!

Let's see how I handle writing both the previous trip's TR AND this! But I just couldn't WAIT

This is a classic case of FDM otherwise known as Fuzzy Disney Math.

Hi all, I'm Annie-Danielle aka Dan, I'm 33, and I'm crazy.

As proof, let me start by copying (yup, I'm gonna copy-paste my own TR) our introductions :
Im 33, both very mature and a big kid and the most important thing to know about me, I guess, is that I suffer from a chronic illness called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which, to make it short, means bad connective tissues (ligaments, skin, that kinda thing), bad immune system and lots of problems most of the time. Thus, I cant work, not even part time and I live in an extension of my parents house.

My favorites
-Thing to do in a theme park: thrill ride, the crazier the better
-Disney food: Pretzel bread
-Disney movie: Fantasia
-Disney character: Can't choose... as long as it's fuzzy!
-Disney park: Epcot

And with me is my mom aka Mama.
She is (ok, she asks that I say in her young sixties, says it shall be enough).
Her favorites
-Thing to do in a theme park: people watch
-Disney food: Casey's mini corn-dogs
-Disney movie: Cinderella
-Disney character: Can't choose, but like me, prefers the fuzz balls!
-Disney park: MK

I love to write and it's not even a bad day... but how many ways can you write "I'm 33 and love Epcot", really?

Mostly, I know it's important to give you that info... and was anxious to get to the FDM!

See, we are just back (not even a month!) from WDW... where we had been using an ANNUAL PASS. Because for the time we were there, was the most economical option.
Well... as long as we have that...

PLUS, we already paid for a Tables in Wonderland card, also valid for a whole 12 months! So it's like it's FREE! 20% off all our sit-down meals, for FREE! (see how that fuzziness is working?)

And on top of it all, since I'm a DISer, I knew that even though I was staying in a DVC resort on rented points, I could have access to a bounceback offer if I dialed #8844 from the room while checked-in...
And indeed we got a very good offer, better than the one we had on the table in the room (free dining I think) or the ones I got since.

It was 35% off any deluxe, for almost exactly the dates we wanted.

Because of course, being the DISer I am, I knew about this, we had talked about this before we even left, and I had done all my research so the only thing which could've changed our decision would've been an awful trip (not wanting to go back... happened in 2008) or no good bounceback offer.

So when you add FREE park entry, FREE 20% discount on sit-down meals and 35% on the room... things look very, very interesting!

And if you add Halloween AND the Food & Wine Festival... well... we just HAD to go back next fall!

Last edited by AnnieDan_Artlover; 09-27-2013 at 11:45 AM.
AnnieDan_Artlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: