Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

Offsite Rental With a Cat

Short version: Does anyone have experience with a cat friendly offsite villa rental? I've found quite a few dog friendly possibilities but many seem to specify no cats. She's a well-behaved, quiet, experienced traveler.

Long version: We have an elderly cat in the first stage of renal failure. She did not do well away from us during our December trip even with twice daily visits from a pet sitter she knows and loves. She's has never done well with boarding so that is not an option. After a long talk with the vet, we've decided to avoid any travel where she cannot come with us for the (hopefully long) foreseeable future. As a result we spent the morning canceling a long planned multi-week overseas trip. So yes, my fur creature now truly is controlling my life.

The good news is this bleak situation is that another WDW trip appears to be the best replacement trip for us right now. The cat is a shockingly good road-tripper so we would like to pack her up and rent a condo or villa for 2-3 weeks this fall. I just don't know how to do this - I've never rented a vacation property and am a little frightened it will all go wrong. A pet friendly hotel isn't an option since she can't be boarded during the days while we visit the park. Neither of us has actually stayed offsite in a combined 12 trips but are OK with losing the resort guest perks.

I'd welcome any advice or suggestions.