Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Rambler5678
DIS Veteran

Blue Lagoon Nassau Question

If you do the Dolphin encounter and some of the family just pays as observers, how much addtional is it to enjoy the beach and the water toys they have there?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
luv2surf
Earning My Ears

My DS and I were there last year for Dolphin Swim. We purchased this shore excursion from Disney Cruise Lines. The Dolphin Swim and Encounter are already included with the beach day and toys. The only thing we have to pay is lunch and photos.

Check with Disney Cruise Lines' shore excursion's description and see if it's included.
luv2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Rambler5678
DIS Veteran

Thanks, about how much was lunch and the photos?
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
luv2surf
Earning My Ears

Lunch cost between $8 to $12 per person, depending on what kind of foods you want.

Lagoon Grill: lunch package. choice of hamburger, cheeseburger, hot dog, chicken or veggie burger with chips, fruit, & fruit punch

Fins Cafe: Hot dogs, salads, deli sandwiches, snacks, ice cream, cold drinks, and more.

Visit their website at:
http://www.dolphinencounters.com/

Hope this help and have fun there!
luv2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
nhgirl
Mouseketeer

We paid about $75. For a 5x7 photo and a video. They have inflatables on the beach that cost extra. We did not do those. We also did not have lunch so I am not sure of the cost. We paid $2.50 for a small bag of chips at the store at the Dolphin Encounter.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

How was the beach etc.? We have friends who want to do the dolphins, but we have done that before at another island, so we'd just want to go for the beach. Is it just as nice as Castaway Cay? Or would we do better just staying on the ship for the day as a virtual sea day?

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
castaway cajun
Earning My Ears

The beach is tiny... NOTHING like Castaway Cay. We were very disappointed! We rented a kayak for two hours and was done in 30 minutes. There's just a tiny little lagoon area. You can't take the kayaks all the way around to the ocean side of the island. It's BEAUTIFUL... Don't get me wrong, but tiny. The day we were there, there was also a large group of teenagers who had come from one of the three Carnival ships that was also in port. They took over the entire island. Oh... And travel lightly... We were told there were lockers for rent to store our belongings in while swimming/kayaking... They are TINY as well. My camera bag didn't even fit it. We had to rent two lockers!! The ocean side beach is beautiful and was deserted when we were there. If you're looking to slouch on the beach and enjoy the view, bring a towel and enjoy your day... Otherwise stay on the ship.
castaway cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
MadaNickDis
Earning My Ears

We did this in August. The food was terrible. The beach was crowded until we walked very far right and found around the bend a private area. We were the only ones there and had tons of privacy and chairs. My pictures look like we had a private beach. We, however, would not repeat this excursion.

Disney Wonder April 2014
Disney Magic and Art of Animation January 2014
Disney Dream and Port Orleans/Caribbean Beach August 2013
All Star Music April 2013
Disney Magic August 2012
Disney Dream January 2012
Off Site 2012
Pop Century 2011
All Star Movies 2010:
Old Key West 2009
All Star Movies 2008
Off Site 2007
MadaNickDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler5678 View Post
If you do the Dolphin encounter and some of the family just pays as observers, how much addtional is it to enjoy the beach and the water toys they have there?
As others have said, there is no additional charge to use the beach if you have booked an animal encounter at Blue Lagoon. My DD and DH did the dolphin swim last year and I went along as an observer. The swim was amazing and we had a great time lounging on the beach afterward. We had hot dogs and chips for lunch, and while they certainly weren't anything special, the setting made everything taste better! Personally, I wouldn't go to Blue Lagoon Island just for the beach, but it was great as a freebie after the dolphin swim. I highly recommend the swim, and the people who did the shallow water encounter while we were there had a great experience as well.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
m&m123
Mouseketeer

We had a great time there in early August and it was not that crowded. There are so many people that say to just stay on the ship in Nassau, but I have been there 3 times now and got off the ship each time. The port area of Nassau is a pit but this island is so beautiful! We did two visits to Blue Lagoon island with dolphin and sea lion encounters. If we go again, our plan is to do the beach day. We love the boat ride over and back and the island has a more private island feel than CC. We did not purchase food- brought our own granola bars and water. It was very relaxing, more shade and a shorter walk.
The one thing that I didn't care for was that the pricing wasn't clear. You do get beach access with an encounter but the beaches are separate- next to each other but roped off. Which was very small and not that desirable compared to the other side. We needed to upgrade to enjoy the other side and playing on the inflatables are an extra charge. The kids ages 11,12 and 15 loved playing on the inflatables, but younger kids would have trouble climbing up on them without some help.

m&m123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: