Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #46
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
They are crazy expensive, and we wouldn't have stayed WL CL without our 40% discount. We are staying at YC in April with 40% off as well. Once those kinds of discounts are gone, we won't be staying deluxe anymore. Back to values/mods we go.
How did you get 40% discount at the YC?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #47
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
In the last so many years they offered 40% off deluxe for FL residents, AP holders and Dis Visa holders. Lately its been 30% at the most
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #48
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
In the last so many years they offered 40% off deluxe for FL residents, AP holders and Dis Visa holders. Lately its been 30% at the most
Do you remember the "Monster" PIN from a couple years ago that was 40% of any resort?

Sep 1997
Nov 2009
Jan 2012
June 2013
Nov 2014
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #49
I Run Long
DIS Veteran

I agree, the prices are crazy expensive. That's why we always rent points to stay deluxe - certainly couldn't afford it otherwise. Especially with the distance we have to come from the west coast - airfare is insane!

Me DH DS18 DD16

Old 01-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #50
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I totally agree! The last 10 years or so we have always stayed deluxe for under $200 a night, some trips were up to $250...discounts were always 40% but now, forget it!! Deluxe rooms start at $400 and the discounts have been so skimpy and they are getting resort specific instead of category specific

We will stay at the Dolphin instead, those rooms are still holding at under $200 a night and you cannot beat the location!
I've noticed the same thing about the resort spec disc. Got kinda spoiled on the super discounts they were giving FL res/AP holders a year or so ago. Seems like I even got a 43% discount one time and stayed at the CR for $174/nt and to top it off we got upgraded to a suite when we got there....suites are sweet

All I can figure is that Disney is filling the rooms sufficiently otherwise they would do something else. We were thinking of going tomorrow for 3 nts but I'm not paying right at $800 total to stay in a deluxe. Might look at the Swan...do they offer any type of discounts for FL/AP holders?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
Military discount.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #52
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
I was thinking of staying at a deluxe and priced out the contemporary-Garden room. I always thought they were "cheap". I just checked for our dates in November and they are $487/night. I could not believe it. It's not Thanksgiving week either. The other deluxe resorts prices are outrageous as well. I can't believe disney can find people to pay these prices.
1) They have to increase room rates to pay for Free Dining.
2) Free Dining is paid for by each hotel, NOT the parks.
3) So, expect all resort prices to increase a lot.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #53
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Threads like these make me really happy about our DVC purchase in 2005. We stay deluxe once a year for a week (sometimes longer) If we didn't have DVC we could not afford to go as often as we do. As a teacher, there are NEVER any discounts available when I am able to travel. DVC has been one of the best thing we did for our family. We also buy 10 day non exp tickets and get three trips out of them.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #54
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Run Long View Post
I agree, the prices are crazy expensive. That's why we always rent points to stay deluxe - certainly couldn't afford it otherwise. Especially with the distance we have to come from the west coast - airfare is insane!
This! We rented for the first time 2 years ago and haven't looked back! Buying in is becoming more and more tempting

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #55
Robbi
DIS Veteran

OP, try to rent points at a DVC resort. It's more reasonable. We bought into DVC 7 or 8 years ago and enjoy it.
On trips my family and I stay at Ritz Carlton, Waldorf, and Four Season resorts. Disney deluxe resorts are not in that category. Only in Fantasyland would they be considered truly deluxe.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #56
LSUDis
DIS Veteran

We've done deluxes when the kids were younger; now, they're teens and prefer the food courts and gamerooms at values, don't like the time that sit-downs take, and, with a 13 hour drive, want to stay as long as they can to make the drive worth it. So, we go to values and occasionally moderates.

Another factor: we go wherever the discount is--we're not too picky.

Maybe when they're through college, DH and I will go back to deluxe.
2003-CR, 2004-CBR and CR, May/June 2005--CR and POR, July 2006-CBR and Beach Club, December 2006--Wilderness Lodge, May/June 2007--CRTower and AKL, Nov. 2007--AllStar Sports, June 2008--Pop Century and AllStar Movies, December 2009--Wilderness Lodge, July 2010--CBR, Nov. 2010--Pop Century, May/June 2011--Pop Century, May/June 2012--Allstar Sports, May/June 2013--Pop

Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #57
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibo42 View Post
We would never stay any other place then a value. My work sent me to Disney for 4 days. I stayed in the Contemporary. What a waste of money. For as long as you are in the rooms it not worth it. We have gone 8 times in the last 8 times in the last 10 years. We sleep in the rooms and come back in the afternoon. We use the pools it's fine. I would much rather spend the money on other things then a place to put my head. If we want to swim or eat at another resort we just go there.

Eating at another resort is fine, swimming not so much! I would never use a pool at a higher priced hotel which I am not paying for.

OP, I totally agree that deluxe prices are insane. Also, I believe they up the prices so much that when they do put out discounts the rooms suddenly seem like such a great deal. They are indeed beautiful resorts though.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #58
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?

So I just priced out Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal and it's 25% less than the rates for the same days for CSR (12/1-12/8).

Looks like we might stay at Universal, spend a couple of days at both parks, and the other days at WDW.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #59
houstonmama
Mouseketeer

I totally agree. We went for the first time this past December. I had never been and when I started looking at the prices I was in shock! I was like- this is supposed to be for families right? Anyway, my DD4 has some issues and my DS is 1 so being on the monorail for us is a must right now. I was able to get a pin for 35% off GF and then did a RO discount for AKL. We stayed at AKL 3 nights and only went to a park (AK) 1 of those days. Once my kiddos get older we are hitting the mods or values for sure!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #60
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFL View Post
All I can figure is that Disney is filling the rooms sufficiently otherwise they would do something else. We were thinking of going tomorrow for 3 nts but I'm not paying right at $800 total to stay in a deluxe. Might look at the Swan...do they offer any type of discounts for FL/AP holders?
The Swan and Dolphin do offer FL resident discounts but not AP discounts. They also have AAA and if you sign up for the Starwoods Program you can get some great discounts there too. We stayed there for 3 nights last month and didnt pay a dime, we cashed in some points.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: