Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #256
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that earlier today, I booked a std vw business class room for our next trip in August using a pin code I had received. I spent over 1/2 hour speaking to the CM about business class and he was able to confirm what a lot of speculation has been so far. He said there will be snacks & drinks throughout the day and when I asked him about alcoholic drinks, he said there would be beer, wine & cordials offered, similar to what other club levels currently have. He also said he "thought" the alcoholic drinks would only be out in the evening like other club level lounges as well. He sounded like he actually knew what he was talking about. I know that when we stayed club level at the BC last August, a person could get a beer in the afternoon even though it wasn't out yet, you just had to ask. Like everyone else, I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear feedback from anyone who stays this level...if it turns out to be similar to a club level, it will be a great deal for the price.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #257
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

We just booked a business room for June 8-15th. I hope it's worth the extra $. Can't wait to hear what they offer!! We're going with kids, so I'm not sure they will offer a lot for them.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #258
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Moose View Post
We just booked a business room for June 8-15th. I hope it's worth the extra $. Can't wait to hear what they offer!! We're going with kids, so I'm not sure they will offer a lot for them.
I booked business class for the reason of knowing where I was going to be located. No worries about being out there in the Ranchos. As for the kids, I'm sure there will be plenty for them. There will be soft drinks, snacks, and some other goodies I'm sure they will enjoy. Have fun on your trip and be certain to let the rest of us know how you enjoyed it.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #259
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I booked business class for the reason of knowing where I was going to be located. No worries about being out there in the Ranchos. As for the kids, I'm sure there will be plenty for them. There will be soft drinks, snacks, and some other goodies I'm sure they will enjoy. Have fun on your trip and be certain to let the rest of us know how you enjoyed it.
It seems to be a good location, close to the main building and short walk across the bridge to the main pool.
Hope you enjoy your trip also!!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #260
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Bump
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Old 01-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #261
JohnO
Mouseketeer

Sorry for taking so long to post a report. We stayed at CSR for Christmas. December 20 - 27. We arrived in the evening after a six hour drive. We got the building we requested in the Cabanas. We were right near bus stop #4. The check in was quick and easy. The Christmas decorations were fantastic. The room was clean and in great shape. Not much wear and tear noticed by us. We set up a Christmas tree in the room. mouseKeeping was good. The bus service was phenomenal. We rarely waited more than 15 minutes for a bus, we rarely had to stand, perhaps twice the entire trip.

Cafe Rix was great in the morning, busy, but manageable. Rix lounge was great too. A co-worker and his family vacationed at CSR during the same time frame and we had a great time in Rix Lounge with Zachary the bartender. Try the Rix Red Ale!!! Great beer!

Pepper market was just o.k. I ate there once the entire trip. The kids did have the breakfast buffet one morning and enjoyed it. Im not a fan of PM.

I have to say, this being our second stay at CSR, I'm sold. I love the lay out, the decor and how quiet the place is. Coffee at the lake in the morning was a great start to the day, the availability of Rix lounge at night if a beer was in order at the end of the day. The great bus service both to and from the parks. The parks were absolute bedlam. I knew prior to booking the trip that we would be experiencing WDW at the busiest time of the year. It was still a great time. Despite the packed crowds, CSR was tranquil and never seemed busy. Zachary from Rix told me that they were at 67% occupancy during Christmas week. Our previous stay was in 2010. Last January we stayed at POR and it was tough to decide which i liked more. POR is beautiful, has a great atmosphere abs tons to offer. Id stay there again no problem. But after another stay at CSR, i appreciate CSR even more. The place has alot going for it. I highly recommend CSR. I know i'll be back.
1977 - Disneyland, 1989 - Disneyland, 1994 - WDW All Star Sports, 1995 - WDW Old Key West, 1998 - WDW Holiday Inn Maingate, 1999 - WDW Off Property, 2006 - WDW All Star Movies 2/8 -2/16, 2007 - WDW Pop Century 2/4 - 2/14, 2007- WDW All Star Music 9/11 - 9/17, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies 10/27 - 10/30, 2008 - DCL Disney Wonder 10/20 - 11/2, 2009 - WDW All Star Movies 9/21 - 9/27, 2009 - DCL Disney Wonder 9/27 - 10/1, 2010- WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25, 2010 7nt Estrn Cruise Disney Magic10/23 - 10/30, WDW CSR 10/30 - 11/2, 2012- WDW POR 1/8 - 1/15

Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #262
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

I have always loved CSR! I have 3 nights of my (solo) February birthday trip booked there in a standard room, but am seriously considering upgrading to business class. The difference in cost is about $35/night.

What do you all think?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #263
johny3
Earning My Ears

booked yesterday for 6/6-6/11. my first time staying on property. we are all so excited, especially our soon to be 5 year old!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #264
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I have always loved CSR! I have 3 nights of my (solo) February birthday trip booked there in a standard room, but am seriously considering upgrading to business class. The difference in cost is about $35/night.

What do you all think?
I have read a couple different amounts regarding the business class. Are you saying it is $35 a night to upgrade to the "club light" level?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #265
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know where the business class lounge is? I thought I read somewhere that it was in 9B, but looking at the map it looks like it could be in the convention center?? Anyone know?

Thanks

Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #266
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Moose View Post
Does anyone know where the business class lounge is? I thought I read somewhere that it was in 9B, but looking at the map it looks like it could be in the convention center?? Anyone know?

Thanks
Club Level (Business) is in 9B
Old 01-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #267
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Club Level (Business) is in 9B
Did they use a room for the lounge?

Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #268
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

We've booked CSR for our first Disney trip in April. I booked it a few days ago using the new discount, but the Preferred Option was not available.

Does this mean we're going to be stuck out in the farthest rooms from the pool? Is there anything I can "request" that might help us be a little closer?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #269
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

We just booked the first half of our honeymoon at CSR for 7/16-7/21!!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #270
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I have read a couple different amounts regarding the business class. Are you saying it is $35 a night to upgrade to the "club light" level?
I am booked on the Passholder rate, and for my 3 nights (early February) it would be a total of $118 extra to upgrade. I'm just not sure I'd even spend any time in the Lounge. Still, I'm considering it!

I've stayed in all 3 sections (Casitas, Cabanas & Ranchos) and really enjoyed them all. I know many guests are worried they'll get "stuck" in Ranchos, but I've stayed in Ranchos 3 times and it was quite nice!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: