Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #91
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Welcome Michelle, glad to have you onboard. One thing that comes to mind is your opinion on the new vs. old ships?
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #92
urbkols
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Welcome Michelle, glad to have you onboard. One thing that comes to mind is your opinion on the new vs. old ships?
I actually liked the Wonder better than the Dream. The three plus things about the Dream though were the Aquaduck, Remy and Animator's Palette. Animator's Palette on the newer ships has the interactive screens where Crush came by and talked to some of the guests. Remy was EXCELLENT!! It seems like the cabins on the older ships are bigger too. My kids also weren't into the Oceaneers Club on the Dream. I think for the them it was a little too big plus the counselors were not as hands on as they were on the Wonder.

urbkols is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #93
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Susan and Michelle, your cabins are added.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #94
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbkols

I actually liked the Wonder better than the Dream. The three plus things about the Dream though were the Aquaduck, Remy and Animator's Palette. Animator's Palette on the newer ships has the interactive screens where Crush came by and talked to some of the guests. Remy was EXCELLENT!! It seems like the cabins on the older ships are bigger too. My kids also weren't into the Oceaneers Club on the Dream. I think for the them it was a little too big plus the counselors were not as hands on as they were on the Wonder.
We have learned that bigger is not always better and prefer the ships under 100k tons. Wish they would get labeled for A list entertainment. We saw the old Crush routine at the Seas EPCOT and loved it, I can see where that would be fun on the ship too. Thanks for the thoughts.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #95
sranes
Earning My Ears

Woo Hoo We are Crusin' Again! FE Please.

Kids Sail Free was too good to pass up!
So please add us to meet and greet and FE. Katie is Gold Castaway member and Susie, Alex and Renee are Silver.
Susie - Gramma
Alex - 13 - grandson
Katie - 10 - granddaughter
Renee - 10 - granddaughter
Stateroom 2004
We live near Disney CA but could really use some help on WDW - is the ticket to Epcot or Park? What is most fun to do at either for adventurous kids? Any place not to pass up for eating?
Also re Galveston, does Disney have buses to port like they do in Canaveral? We will be flying in and out of Houston. Any recommendations for hotels?
And are there assigned times for getting off the ship? Am wondering if we could make a 10:30 am flight home out of Houston. We love DCL - kids just did Wonder Mexico Thanksgiving and we have done a couple other trips out of Canaveral.
Here's a tip for first timers - you can bring beverages onboard (water, wine, liquor etc) as long as it is in your carryon, not checked. This is way different from most cruise lines.
Also has anyone heard of daily schedule - assume there is character breakfast and pirate night??
We are very excited and have found the Dis Board to be terrific for meeting others and answering questions.
Thanks to the FE s'sheet guru! I use Google doccs also so can help if you need it.
My granddaughter Katie is totally into DCL and knows everthing - don't hesitate to ask her questions as I let her answer using my login (only for the Dis Board!)

Last edited by sranes; 01-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.
sranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #96
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

My granddaughter, Kylee (14), is looking forward to meeting girls close to her age so she can have some friends to go to the club with. This is our first cruise and I know there is supposed to be a "meet" when we can all get together so the kids can meet.
Nanato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #97
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Glad to pass a long the tip.
Was planning on booking this cruise with the western ports. The cruise dates work great with easter vacation.

We were very excited about itinerary change because it added a story to castaway day. Plus, 4 sea days.

I see you are from Michigan. We are just south of Detroit (downriver).

Christi
What itinerary change has happened?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #98
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanato2 View Post
What itinerary change has happened?
It use to be a Western Carribean. But, it was changed in Sept to Bahamas.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #99
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
It use to be a Western Carribean. But, it was changed in Sept to Bahamas.
Oh, I see. Thanks!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #100
disneymom13176
Mouseketeer

Called Disney yesterday on the kids sail free and got almost $1700 back! Super happy!
WDW 1995 Off-Site;Worked on Jungle Cruise 1995 to 1996;DCL 2003- Western Caribbean;WDW 2003 All-Stars Movies;WDW 2005 Dolphin;WDW 2007 All-Stars Movies;WDW 2008 Coronado Springs;WDW 2008 Caribbean Beach;2008 Became DVC Member Animal Kingdom Villas; DCL 2009 Eastern Caribbean; WDW 2009 Saratoga Springs; DCL 2009 Bahamas; WDW 2010 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; WDW 2010 Bay Lake Tower; WDW 2010 Animal Kingdom Villas; DCL 2011 Mediterranean; 2011 WDW Off-Site; DCL 2012 Double Dip on the Dream; 2012 Aulani;2012 WDW Off-Site; 2012 Disney Land; 2013 DCL from Galveston; 2013 DCL Kid Free on the Dream; 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
disneymom13176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #101
disneymom13176
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife2abadge View Post
I feel less disappointed about the itinerary change now. Susan
I had the same reaction, this really helps!
WDW 1995 Off-Site;Worked on Jungle Cruise 1995 to 1996;DCL 2003- Western Caribbean;WDW 2003 All-Stars Movies;WDW 2005 Dolphin;WDW 2007 All-Stars Movies;WDW 2008 Coronado Springs;WDW 2008 Caribbean Beach;2008 Became DVC Member Animal Kingdom Villas; DCL 2009 Eastern Caribbean; WDW 2009 Saratoga Springs; DCL 2009 Bahamas; WDW 2010 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; WDW 2010 Bay Lake Tower; WDW 2010 Animal Kingdom Villas; DCL 2011 Mediterranean; 2011 WDW Off-Site; DCL 2012 Double Dip on the Dream; 2012 Aulani;2012 WDW Off-Site; 2012 Disney Land; 2013 DCL from Galveston; 2013 DCL Kid Free on the Dream; 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #102
disneymom13176
Mouseketeer

FE Current Count

Hey! Do we have a current count somewhere on the FE list? I need to start ordering supplies and a general idea of where our count is at would really be helpful. I thought I saw a Google Doc a while back and I could not find tonight.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #103
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Does anybody know if there will be any Easter activities (Easter Bunny, egg hunt, etc.) onboard on Sunday?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #104
urbkols
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanato2 View Post
Does anybody know if there will be any Easter activities (Easter Bunny, egg hunt, etc.) onboard on Sunday?
Last year we took a Carnival cruise on Easter and they had a little "Easter Egg Hunt" for the kids. Basically they gave them a bag to go all over the ship to get candy from the camp counselors. I'm hoping they have something on this cruise!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #105
urbkols
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sranes View Post
Kids Sail Free was too good to pass up!
So please add us to meet and greet and FE. Katie is Gold Castaway member and Susie, Alex and Renee are Silver.
Susie - Gramma
Alex - 13 - grandson
Katie - 10 - granddaughter
Renee - 10 - granddaughter
Stateroom 2004
We live near Disney CA but could really use some help on WDW - is the ticket to Epcot or Park? What is most fun to do at either for adventurous kids? Any place not to pass up for eating?
Also re Galveston, does Disney have buses to port like they do in Canaveral? We will be flying in and out of Houston. Any recommendations for hotels?
And are there assigned times for getting off the ship? Am wondering if we could make a 10:30 am flight home out of Houston. We love DCL - kids just did Wonder Mexico Thanksgiving and we have done a couple other trips out of Canaveral.
Here's a tip for first timers - you can bring beverages onboard (water, wine, liquor etc) as long as it is in your carryon, not checked. This is way different from most cruise lines.
Also has anyone heard of daily schedule - assume there is character breakfast and pirate night??
We are very excited and have found the Dis Board to be terrific for meeting others and answering questions.
Thanks to the FE s'sheet guru! I use Google doccs also so can help if you need it.
My granddaughter Katie is totally into DCL and knows everthing - don't hesitate to ask her questions as I let her answer using my login (only for the Dis Board!)
You must live in CA like I do. I live about 20 minutes from DLR.

I just booked this cruise after eyeing it for sometime but Kids Sail Free was a big savings!!

You probably won't make a 10:30 flight home from Houston. Galveston is about 1 1/2 away from the IAH. I was told to get a flight back to CA after 1:30. The way I'm looking at flight right now it looks like we will be flying in the night before so I will be looking for a hotel room as well. Still trying to figure out also how I'm gonna get to Houston to the port.

If you are looking for a place to eat at WDW my favorite is Le Cellier in Epcot and Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom. I really wanted to eat at Be our Guest but they are booked up and DH said we are only there for a day so I don't want to waste 2 hours eating plus this is the 4th year in row that we are going to WDW! We are probably only going to Epcot and Magic Kingdom for the day.

From what I've read only the older ships have a character breakfast. When we were on the Dream we didn't have one and it was a 5 night cruise. But I'm sure there will be a pirate night!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: