Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

April 7 2013 Dream Cruise

Anyone interested in Fish Extenders?
If so, just post or send a pm, we'll start organizing, unless someone wants to take over.

Regards,

Tom & Barb
Happy_N_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
rhax07
New DVC Member

New to the DCL family...can you explain FE?

2010 - Coronado Springs Resort
2011- AKV Kindani
2012- BLT & SSR
DVC Member (BLT) since 9/2010
rhax07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Klee3067
Earning My Ears

Hi fellow cruisers!

I am really looking forward to this vacation! My daughter is turning 5 on departure day, so I am trying to find every possible option to help make this cruise an extra special time for her. With that being said, I would very much be interested in participating in the fish extender exchange. (as long as it doesn't end up being a huge group--I've heard of as many as 40-60 cabins before--and that just sounds like too much work and not enough time to enjoy the cruise)

I look forward to you getting this group going and getting to know everyone!

Thanks,
Katie
Klee3067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Keep FE group manageable

We're hoping to keep the group to under 20 cabins. More than that it isn't as much fun and becomes more of a chore. our 2 grandchildren are going on the cruise and the FE are mainly for them. They are 4 and 6.
We will need your cabin #, names and ages of children, and names of adults. I think that's all we will need. If anything else comes up, we'll send a PM.
Thanks, Barb
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
Klee3067
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for getting this group together Tom and Barb!

Our Cabin # is: 8643
Adults: Tommy and Katie Lee
Daughter: Cooper, and she will be celebrating her 5th Birthday while onboard!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

FE Group

As soon as we get more people signed up for FE, I will send out the list. I will send the list to your PM and I will also post the list on this forum. Looking forward to a great trip. BTW where in Georgia do you live?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Disney Dream - April 7th, 2013

We will be joining ya'll on the 4-night Disney Dream cruise, leaving on April 7, 2013. This is our 2nd Disney cruise! We took our 1st one during Spring Break 2012, and we will be on Spring Break 2013 during this one.

We went on the Disney Magic last April for a 7-night Caribbean cruise. It was a blast! My husband said he'll never do another "non Disney" cruise.

We will be in cabin #5168.

We will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary on April 8th. What an awesome place to be during an anniversary!

We DO want to take part in the FE program. We didn't last time, but now understand the basics.

WHERE can I order a FE? I would rather pay for someone professional to make it, than try to make it on my own?

Thanks,
Yvette Johnston
Jimmy (hubby)
Aubrey (7-yr old daughter)
yjjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Our FE has been ordered

I finally ordered our FE from someone on Etsy (PixieDustedStitches) - aka Diana Banks Solomon.

By the way, there is a group on facebook called "FISH EXTENDER DISNEY CRUISE LINE". It just talks about FE's and ideas on how to make them/buy them. Also ideas on what to give.

Can't wait until our cruise in April!

Yvette Johnston
Old 01-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

FE = a gift exchange program

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhax07 View Post
New to the DCL family...can you explain FE?
FE = fish extender

Outside each cabin is a hook. People get together online, ahead of time, and find out who/what ages/cabin # and agree to exchange goodies in their FE.

You can make, or in my case buy, a FE ahead of time to hang on the hook. This is where the goodies are given (think of stockings).

Do a google search on "fish extender". This will give you ideas on what they look like. It can be simple, or fancy.

Some people go all out and make their own goodies to give. Others buy goodies @ the Dollar Tree to give away. It is up to you. It is a fun way to chat about the cruise ahead of time, and get excited.

This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, but our 1st time to participate in the FE program.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
bfc2406
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klee3067
Hi fellow cruisers!

I am really looking forward to this vacation! My daughter is turning 5 on departure day, so I am trying to find every possible option to help make this cruise an extra special time for her. With that being said, I would very much be interested in participating in the fish extender exchange. (as long as it doesn't end up being a huge group--I've heard of as many as 40-60 cabins before--and that just sounds like too much work and not enough time to enjoy the cruise)

I look forward to you getting this group going and getting to know everyone!

Thanks,
Katie
Our daughter turns 7 on the cruise. What exciting things do you have planned for your daughters big day? Any recommendations?
bfc2406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #12
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Celebrations on the cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfc2406 View Post
Our daughter turns 7 on the cruise. What exciting things do you have planned for your daughters big day? Any recommendations?
Make sure you tell DCL ahead of time about your daughter's birthday. We will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary on 4/8. You can also (for an additional cost of course) have them decorate your cabin before you get there.

Yvette Johnston
Atlanta, GA

Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Bfc2406

Will ya'll be participating in the FE exchange? If so, what date is your daughter turning 7? Also what is her name?

I am planning on bringing a small suprise for Cooper (who turns 5 during the cruise).
Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #14
Klee3067
Earning My Ears

Names and Ages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_N_Doc View Post
We're hoping to keep the group to under 20 cabins. More than that it isn't as much fun and becomes more of a chore. our 2 grandchildren are going on the cruise and the FE are mainly for them. They are 4 and 6.
We will need your cabin #, names and ages of children, and names of adults. I think that's all we will need. If anything else comes up, we'll send a PM.
Thanks, Barb
Barb,
Can you go ahead and give us the names of your 2 grandchildren? I realize that we currently don't have much participation in the FE exchange, but I am worried that we might add a bunch of cabins at the last minute. I want to go ahead and get a jump start on my FE gifts for the couple of cabins that we do have signed up.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #15
Klee3067
Earning My Ears

Birthday Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfc2406 View Post
How exciting, another birthday celebration! I have looked and looked for special ideas to help my daughter celebrate her 5th birthday while onboard.
One of the main things that we will be doing is the Fish Extender Exchange. My daughter LOVES getting mail--she runs to the mailbox every afternoon, so I thought that she would get a BIG thrill out of coming back to the cabin each day to find a small surprise waiting.

Have you thought about participating in the exchange? It is a great way to get to know other cruisers. They would know about your daughters birthday ahead of time, and many would drop off birthday cards (or small surprises) for her. As Yvette mentioned, she is celebrating her 24th (wow!) wedding anniversary on the 8th. We crusiers remember these things, and LOVE helping you celebrate!

Other things that I have planned:
I am making a special birthday outfit for her to wear.
When we are getting autographs, I am planning to sneak a birthday card to have them sign and then put it in our fish extender for her to find. She will think that it is the greatest thing that the characters sent her a birthday card!
I am going to get a signature mat and a pillowcase and take them to guest services at the beginning of the cruise. They will get all of the characters to sign them for us, so I don't have to worry about lugging them around all over the ship. I thought that these would be great birthday keepsakes.

I'll let you know if I come up with anymore ideas, and I would love for you to do the same! And, I really hope to read that you will be joining our FE group soon!

Getting Excited,
Katie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: