Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #2131
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I might, but I am worried about the hanging space it will take in the closet. I think with 4 suitcases I am going to need to put those in there, and will need things that can hang "above" them, KWIM? Our suitcases are all 29" tall, so I can't even put one inside the other to save space.
I believe you would have enough room for one possibly two and still fit four suitcases there.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #2132
rosie49ers80
Earning My Ears

Very cool Andre! And thanks so much. We are working on our ADR's that need to go in February for our return to POR in August. Can't wait to stay in the RGR again.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #2133
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the incredible pics and tips on requests. We just booked our trip to Disney for May 2013 with a split stay at both POR and BC. We almost went entirely with BC but I am so in love with the pics of POR and this saves us a few bucks too. Just hoping we wont be too cramped with 3 adults a 4 year old and 22 month old twins.

Now I have to start planning our days and dining. So much fun!

Heather
Old 01-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #2134
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Thanks for waiting. So now, if you'd like to check out the site again (www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php) you'll find that all of the Port Orleans building floor plans have been magically upgraded with pixie dust and now include all of the room category information too (plus details of the Accessible room locations while I was at it).

I would like to pass on my grateful personal thanks to the manager at the resort who provided me with a spreadsheet detailing all of the category information (all 3,056 lines of it!!) and then gave me permission to use that list to cross-reference the information into my new floor plans.

This whole project has been a lot of work (and I mean a LOT of work!) but I'm really happy with the end results and I hope people will find the information useful. Hopefully it should also help answer more of the "so are there any River View/Water View/King Beds in the preferred buildings?" type questions which we've been seeing a lot of recently.

Please could I ask that people do not bombard the resort with requests for specific room numbers though. This info is better used as a general guide rather than as a "checklist for the perfect vacation". It's still preferable to let them know WHAT you want from your room and WHY, rather than requesting one specific room number (which might not even be available during your stay).

Enjoy! I'm going to go and lie down somewhere quiet now...

Andre
Absolutely amazing Andre! Your site is so helpful and up to date- makes me even more excited for our first stay in April! I am ever so thankful for this awesome thread and the people here including you and Venomhatch! So nice this world has people willing to help others out of the goodness of their hearts. Thank you SO SO SO much! Can't wait!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #2135
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I believe you would have enough room for one possibly two and still fit four suitcases there.
Awesome!! I will definitely look into getting one.

I am SO excited to be really "planning" this trip!! These mother/son trips are always so much fun for us!! We love going in June (I know, we are crazy) but the crowds and heat really don't get to us any more. We have done it so many times now that we know the importance of rope drop (or staying very late), swim breaks and realizing that a touring plan is just that, a plan, and not something to live, breathe and die by if it goes awry...

Thanks again for all the helpful info on this thread to add to my planning needs! I'm really excited to give POR another try, and its in large part to the great information here!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #2136
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the help with room requests! We arrived very early this morning after a red eye from San Francisco. I had sent a request for a river view in Magnolia Bend for my already booked king bed. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived and I didn't expect it to be but we were too tired to manage doing much so we walked around Downtown Disney for a bit and then lounged in hammocks for a while until we got the text. And I could not be happier. We have a gorgeous corner room on the second floor in Magnolia Terrace. It's beautiful. I was nearly in tears. I'm so glad I found this forum and that it persuaded me toward POR. It is a perfect place for our honeymoon.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #2137
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Oh and we had a towel Mickey waiting for us to top it all off
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #2138
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Bear in mind that the people here are 'in the know', but we are very much in the minority - although I think a growing number. Probably 80% of guests just book their family a Disney vacation and only find out what the hotel even looks like when they get there. (They are also the unfortunate people who find they can't get a meal at any of the table-service restaurants because they are full with pre-booked guests)

Andre
That's very true, I guess because I'm one of the clueless people that never in a million years thought I'd be able to afford to bring my 4yr olds to DisneyWorld (let alone stay at a Disney resort!!) I'm just completely overwhelmed by everything!
Thank you so much for all your information, I am so OTT excited about this trip!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #2139
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Thanks for waiting. So now, if you'd like to check out the site again (www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php) you'll find that all of the Port Orleans building floor plans have been magically upgraded with pixie dust and now include all of the room category information too (plus details of the Accessible room locations while I was at it).

I would like to pass on my grateful personal thanks to the manager at the resort who provided me with a spreadsheet detailing all of the category information (all 3,056 lines of it!!) and then gave me permission to use that list to cross-reference the information into my new floor plans.

This whole project has been a lot of work (and I mean a LOT of work!) but I'm really happy with the end results and I hope people will find the information useful. Hopefully it should also help answer more of the "so are there any River View/Water View/King Beds in the preferred buildings?" type questions which we've been seeing a lot of recently.

Please could I ask that people do not bombard the resort with requests for specific room numbers though. This info is better used as a general guide rather than as a "checklist for the perfect vacation". It's still preferable to let them know WHAT you want from your room and WHY, rather than requesting one specific room number (which might not even be available during your stay).

Enjoy! I'm going to go and lie down somewhere quiet now...

Andre
Quote:
Aw, shucks, thanks...

By the way, I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I've also compiled PDF versions for each area (POR-AB, POR-MB and POFQ) which can be downloaded for viewing locally. Download them via:

Alligator Bayou
Magnolia Bend
French Quarter

Andre
Well, I am finally caught up again reading this thread and I have got to add my THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR DILIGENT WORK, ANDRE! :

You gave a wonderful New Year's gift to all of us here on the disboards and followers of your portorleans.org. I've listened to you and Venomhatch and will not request by specific room numbers, but these images clearly answer so many of the repeated questions on where certain room type accommodations may be located. This is a wonderful help to everyone and especially to those of us who have never been to POR or POFQ but are currently counting down the days to our first visit at this resort.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #2140
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin312 View Post
Thank you so much for the help with room requests! We arrived very early this morning after a red eye from San Francisco. I had sent a request for a river view in Magnolia Bend for my already booked king bed. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived and I didn't expect it to be but we were too tired to manage doing much so we walked around Downtown Disney for a bit and then lounged in hammocks for a while until we got the text. And I could not be happier. We have a gorgeous corner room on the second floor in Magnolia Terrace. It's beautiful. I was nearly in tears. I'm so glad I found this forum and that it persuaded me toward POR. It is a perfect place for our honeymoon.
So glad you're happy with your room, the riverfront rooms in Magnolia Terrace are lovely, with easy access to everything and a gorgeous view. Oh, and congratulations on your marriage too, sounds like we're in danger of forgetting that little detail in all the Disneyness!

Don't forget to go and see Bob Jackson at the River Roost Lounge one evening later in the week, and make sure you wear your wedding buttons.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #2141
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Quote:

So glad you're happy with your room, the riverfront rooms in Magnolia Terrace are lovely, with easy access to everything and a gorgeous view. Oh, and congratulations on your marriage too, sounds like we're in danger of forgetting that little detail in all the Disneyness!

Don't forget to go and see Bob Jackson at the River Roost Lounge one evening later in the week, and make sure you wear your wedding buttons.

Andre
Thank you! We were married in October so we have been waiting very impatiently for this trip. We have plans to go see Bob on Monday night and maybe another night since we are here for 10 nights. We were given the Happily Ever After pins, but we also brought along the Just Married buttons a cast member at Disneyland gave us when we got engaged there. We wore them at our wedding and our friends and family loved that. Is it weird/ not okay to wear Disneyland pins here? I like the Happily Ever After pins, but they are a bit vague.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #2142
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin312 View Post
We have plans to go see Bob on Monday night and maybe another night since we are here for 10 nights. Is it weird/ not okay to wear Disneyland pins here? I like the Happily Ever After pins, but they are a bit vague.
I see no problems in wearing other park badges - it will generate some fun discussion anyway!

Remember that Bob's days off are Sun/Mon/Tues, so you'll be able to see him this evening, or after Wednesday. Don't want you to make a special visit on Monday and be disappointed.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #2143
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Thanks for all the incredible pics and tips on requests. We just booked our trip to Disney for May 2013 with a split stay at both POR and BC. We almost went entirely with BC but I am so in love with the pics of POR and this saves us a few bucks too. Just hoping we wont be too cramped with 3 adults a 4 year old and 22 month old twins.

Now I have to start planning our days and dining. So much fun!

Heather
We will also be at POR in May 2013 and will have six people in our room (legally - youngest is 2). Most of our vacations are spent tenting or in camping cabins, so all of us staying in a "real" hotel room will be a piece of cake LOL!

I agree with you, all the beautiful pics I've seen of POR are drawing me in so much that we HAVE to stay there! Our plan is to have one parent take the older kids swimming or exploring the resort while the youngest naps for a while. We also don't tend to unpack, so we don't need a bunch of drawers.

I think you will be fine, just use your space wisely in the room and take advantage of the beautiful surroundings if you need to get out of the room for awhile!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #2144
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I see no problems in wearing other park badges - it will generate some fun discussion anyway!

Remember that Bob's days off are Sun/Mon/Tues, so you'll be able to see him this evening, or after Wednesday. Don't want you to make a special visit on Monday and be disappointed.

Andre
Oh thank you, I will keep that in mind.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #2145
4leobeans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yes you can still send in room request faxes I booked through AAA travel agents and sent mine in.
Thanks! You are also an awesome poster
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: