Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #76
lovegood
Earning My Ears

If you are driving, you are going to need parking, so do not stay in downtown. Parking in a hotel in downtown will be around $25. The Blue Lagoon area hotels will most like be free, but there is not much to do around the area. I like the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon. They have breakfast included and free Wi-Fi. I also like the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. Nice hotel with breakfast included, free Wi-Fi and parking and close to CocoWalk for fun. Both hotels have a cruise package with free parking to up to 7 nights and two one-way transportation to POM.
lovegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #77
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

Please tell us about Miami hotels, etc.

Hi all!

Just booked a cruise on the Wonder going out of Miami this spring. We know NOTHING about Miami, the port, the logistics, or what not.

Can you guys suggest:
1) transportation from airport to hotel
2) hotel near the port
3) transportation to the port?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. can't wait!

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #78
Seahunt
DIS Veteran

The "Florida Departures" board over on Cruise Critic has some good info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I've been there a lot reading up for our January NCL cruise out of Miami
Seahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #79
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

If you are flying into FLL, how are you planning to get to the port? We have 3 kiddos so hauling car seats does not sound fun.
mrsp1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #80
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp1030 View Post
If you are flying into FLL, how are you planning to get to the port? We have 3 kiddos so hauling car seats does not sound fun.
When my plan was to fly into FLL, I was planning on taking SAS Transportation from our hotel/airport to the port. They seemed to have the best rates.

But, my plans have changed in that we are now flying into Miami as the airfare was cheaper thru American than thru Southwest to FLL. We'll just use DME for transport to/fro the airport.

Disney hasn't announced any concrete plans to have DME at FLL. Last I heard, they are making a "list" of people to gauge interest.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #81
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread. We aren't going till next October and are driving. We will probably end up just paying at the cruise terminal, but who knows.

I'd really love to see some pics of the hotels and rooms of places ya'll stay at when you go to Miami.

Hopefully some people will show pics of the cruise terminal and stuff too once the ships start going out of Miami.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #82
Tigger1313
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep72 View Post
When my plan was to fly into FLL, I was planning on taking SAS Transportation from our hotel/airport to the port. They seemed to have the best rates.

But, my plans have changed in that we are now flying into Miami as the airfare was cheaper thru American than thru Southwest to FLL. We'll just use DME for transport to/fro the airport.

Disney hasn't announced any concrete plans to have DME at FLL. Last I heard, they are making a "list" of people to gauge interest.
I was thinking of flying American myself, but lately I'm a little scared to fly them. Not so much the fact that their seats keep coming apart but the fact that they might not be flying anymore by next May. What would happen if I got tickets on American and they went out of business before I left? I hate that fact that SW pulled Airtran out of Miami.

DCL 1/14 BLT 1/14
DCL 7/14
AKL & BLT 7/14
AKL 10/14
DCL 2/15
Tigger1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #83
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1313 View Post
I was thinking of flying American myself, but lately I'm a little scared to fly them. Not so much the fact that their seats keep coming apart but the fact that they might not be flying anymore by next May. What would happen if I got tickets on American and they went out of business before I left? I hate that fact that SW pulled Airtran out of Miami.
I don't understand Southwest. For the week we are going, they cut back on the number of flights AND raised the prices. I'm not surprised about the prices, as that is one of the main spring break weeks in the country. I was able to get great airfare on American that was way cheaper than Southwest even WITH the baggage fees each way.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #84
socialgal
Earning My Ears

There is a couple of places to stay in Miami when you going in a cruise. You can stay by the airport, where most hotels will have an airport shuttle to the hotel, or you can stay in downtown that is the area close to the port. From the airport to downtown, you can get a cab for about $30 with tip or get the Metrorail in the airport to downtown for $2 per person, if you are in a budget and you don’t have a lot of luggage that is a good option.
In the airport area, I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon (http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/). They have a cruise package with two one-way transportations to the port. A cab will be about $30 with tip.
If you stay in downtown, the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown (http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/) is the place to stay. It is located a block from the Metrorail station, in case you choose that option, and also a block from Mary Brickell Village the best place in downtown to eat and have fun. A cab from this hotel to the port will be about $15.
Both hotels have breakfast included and free Wi-Fi.
Hope it can help you a little.
socialgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #85
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Bumping up
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #86
Blumie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1313 View Post
I was thinking of flying American myself, but lately I'm a little scared to fly them. Not so much the fact that their seats keep coming apart but the fact that they might not be flying anymore by next May. What would happen if I got tickets on American and they went out of business before I left?
There is very little (almost zero) chance of that happening. The most likely scenarios are that they continue as an independent carrier and nothing changes, or they merge with USAirways or another carrier, but still continue to operate (either under the American name or a different name). In either case, you'll be fine. If the fares are good on AA, book them.
Blumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #87
mefar1974
Earning My Ears

You need to try Versailles. It is not far from the Port. Best cuban food and sandwhich in all of Miami.
mefar1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #88
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefar1974 View Post
you need to try versailles. It is not far from the port. Best cuban food and sandwhich in all of miami.
the best there is!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #89
Bella2000
60 minutes feels like 5 on the DIS!!
Has recognized her addiction to the DIS, that is the first step....

Recent article on American and Question on debarkation time FLL

Someone in this thread was referencing American and I saw this article and figured I would post Article on American Airlines from Miami Herald

We are still looking at flights and would prefer to fly jetBlue out of FLL as we prefer jetBlue and the fares were cheaper.

Last edited by Bella2000; 12-15-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Typo
Bella2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #90
DisneyMomJen
DIS Veteran

We just booked this cruise! Struggling with airports, hotels and transportation. Do you think we can make a 10AM flight out of Miami on April 4th? Thanks!
DisneyMomJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fll, fort lauderdale, mia, miami

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: