Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #1396
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

I think I belong here....

We cancelled a 3 night Dream cruise/6 night land vacation at Coronado Springs today. I have cruised on other cruise lines for no shorter than a week, and I just couldn't wrap my head around a 3 day cruise. It seems like we would just be getting settled in and have to be getting ready to go! So....I changed to 9 nights GVCL at the Yacht Club and saved at least $1,000 in the process. My DH doesn't know the resort I switched to (He's a Deluxe kind of guy ), and my girls don't even know we are going on a trip! Surprises for everyone!!

I'm so excited about going back to WDW,and very excited about the Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay, but I have a bit of cruise remorse right now. Will someone please tell me I'm going to be okay

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #1397
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner
We cancelled a 3 night Dream cruise/6 night land vacation at Coronado Springs today. I have cruised on other cruise lines for no shorter than a week, and I just couldn't wrap my head around a 3 day cruise. It seems like we would just be getting settled in and have to be getting ready to go! So....I changed to 9 nights GVCL at the Yacht Club and saved at least $1,000 in the process. My DH doesn't know the resort I switched to (He's a Deluxe kind of guy ), and my girls don't even know we are going on a trip! Surprises for everyone!!

I'm so excited about going back to WDW,and very excited about the Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay, but I have a bit of cruise remorse right now. Will someone please tell me I'm going to be okay
You are going to be just fine!!! Take it from a cruiser I agree with you, a 3 nt cruise is a just a tease. Our 7nt cruises went by way too fast and I started to understand why people booked back to backs. This year we opted for a lot of smaller Disney vacations and are loving....no cruising remorse at all! Then again the fact the we stayed at YC, WL, CR CL and are heading back to CR helps just a bit DH and I absolutely LOVE YC!!!! Nothing has felt like home to us like YC did. But the kids loved CR and if they are happy, we are happy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #1398
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Ok Found out Poly volcano pool is supposed to undergo refurb during my stay it is supposed be complete by march 1 but they say the slide and pool will be closed. I check in on Feb 27. ARGH.

Ok my trip to Poly last March slide was closed most of trip, and the year before at BWV the Luna pool was closed for our whole stay. We are from New England it was hot for us and we definitely make use of relaxing by pool and slide is huge for my son.

Can't believe I am considering changing again to BC or YC CL
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #1399
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Kook....where's your ticker You always have a trip planned!

Nothing gets past you, Heather! You're right, this may be a first, but I currently have no WDW reservations, hence no ticker. I guess the right mood hasn't hit me since our last trip and since I've been working on the new CR thread, I plumb forgot! But, our APs are good through the end of March so maybe a spring break trip is in order

Will you post a royal birthday trip TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
KOOK – I love the Mickey and Orange Bird

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!!

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Kook-Mickey and Orange Bird, perfect! Thank you so much! I'll get busy and add it to my collection. No tickers till I have all the bills paid, so something happy like this is so welcome!

Thanks RCers, I so appreciate your friendship. I love reading about what's new, sharing ideas, and of course, hearing about the latest resort changes.
So glad you like him, Gwynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

kook aren't you done cooking dinner yet???? As you can see I gave up on the orange bird. I really need to remove that stupid gray box ... people on other threads are going to think I've lost it!
Stupid grey box? It's a snazzy question mark now! We know you can do this - follow along with me now:

This is the correct image address you will need to copy below. Since it doesn't post the whole address, you'll need to click on it and then copy the full address from the URL bar:

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...568LARGE-1.jpg

Copy the whole address and then type [IMG] before http and [/IMG] after jpg. Now paste (put) it into your signature and it should now be an image!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 01-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #1400
dfarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
You are going to be just fine!!! Take it from a cruiser I agree with you, a 3 nt cruise is a just a tease. Our 7nt cruises went by way too fast and I started to understand why people booked back to backs. This year we opted for a lot of smaller Disney vacations and are loving....no cruising remorse at all! Then again the fact the we stayed at YC, WL, CR CL and are heading back to CR helps just a bit DH and I absolutely LOVE YC!!!! Nothing has felt like home to us like YC did. But the kids loved CR and if they are happy, we are happy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you for you encouraging words! Your post has made me feel better

Me DH DD11 DD7

2011-Polynesian~GVCL
Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #1401
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
Thank you for you encouraging words! Your post has made me feel better
I think you did the right thing, too. When we were stationed in Key West we could have easily taken short cruises, but those never appealed to us. We instead drove up to the Port of Miami and cruised from there. I really wouldn't enjoy anything less than 7 days either. It takes a while for me to get used to the motion and get into a cruising routine. I think you're going to feel so much more relaxed the way you have it now, and, you'll save money on tips
Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #1402
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Thanks kook I think I did it!!! But this is a test so we'll see. Yesterday was a roller coaster .... first I was me, then grumpy, then dopey, then sleepy but since I'm now over sneezy all is good!

TESTING, TESTING ......
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #1403
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Success!!! I have an orange bird!!! Now I guess I should change my ticker ... guess I just liked my last trip so much that I like seeing it!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #1404
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thanks kook I think I did it!!! But this is a test so we'll see. Yesterday was a roller coaster .... first I was me, then grumpy, then dopey, then sleepy but since I'm now over sneezy all is good!

TESTING, TESTING ......

Is over sneezy like over easy but with more tissues?

Quote:
Success!!! I have an orange bird!!! Now I guess I should change my ticker ... guess I just liked my last trip so much that I like seeing it!
This is such a proud moment for me - we knew you could do it

New year, new Orange Bird, new ticker indeed! Your trip is next week - get thee to a ticker
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #1405
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They do look nice, don't they? Mine is updated, too, thanks to the very helpful Kook tutorial.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #1406
WDWKOOK

Quote:
They do look nice, don't they? Mine is updated, too, thanks to the very helpful Kook tutorial.
Oh, no! Where'd Saluting Donald go? Did he fly south for the winter?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #1407
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Is over sneezy like over easy but with more tissues?

This is such a proud moment for me - we knew you could do it

New year, new Orange Bird, new ticker indeed! Your trip is next week - get thee to a ticker
Proud moment ... sort of like watching your child take her first steps.

My trip next week is on my ticker ... it's just mixed in with my last trip so it's hard to find. What's missing is the DL Diva trip and the Granny trip. Now that I'm so techie I'll be fixin it.

Quote:
My worry is that I won't remember how to do it next time and she'll have to repost the tutorial again!!!

Off to do a new ticker ......
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #1408
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, no! Where'd Saluting Donald go? Did he fly south for the winter?
He's back, took me a bit to make sure the signature wasn't lopsided.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #1409
dfarner

Quote:
I think you did the right thing, too. When we were stationed in Key West we could have easily taken short cruises, but those never appealed to us. We instead drove up to the Port of Miami and cruised from there. I really wouldn't enjoy anything less than 7 days either. It takes a while for me to get used to the motion and get into a cruising routine. I think you're going to feel so much more relaxed the way you have it now, and, you'll save money on tips
I'm like this too. When I travel I like to make my surroundings our "home", a place that is new and exciting, but still homey (is that spelled right?) and comfortable. I guess that's why I am not partial to split stays and we take 9-12 day vacations.

Me DH DD11 DD7

2011-Polynesian~GVCL
Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #1410
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
I'm like this too. When I travel I like to make my surroundings our "home", a place that is new and exciting, but still homey (is that spelled right?) and comfortable. I guess that's why I am not partial to split stays and we take 9-12 day vacations.
That is us too. We stay for 10 nights so could reasonably do a split, but we prefer to unpack and organize, and make it home.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: