Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #2116
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Thanks for waiting. So now, if you'd like to check out the site again (www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php) you'll find that all of the Port Orleans building floor plans have been magically upgraded with pixie dust and now include all of the room category information too (plus details of the Accessible room locations while I was at it).

I would like to pass on my grateful personal thanks to the manager at the resort who provided me with a spreadsheet detailing all of the category information (all 3,056 lines of it!!) and then gave me permission to use that list to cross-reference the information into my new floor plans.

This whole project has been a lot of work (and I mean a LOT of work!) but I'm really happy with the end results and I hope people will find the information useful. Hopefully it should also help answer more of the "so are there any River View/Water View/King Beds in the preferred buildings?" type questions which we've been seeing a lot of recently.

Please could I ask that people do not bombard the resort with requests for specific room numbers though. This info is better used as a general guide rather than as a "checklist for the perfect vacation". It's still preferable to let them know WHAT you want from your room and WHY, rather than requesting one specific room number (which might not even be available during your stay).

Enjoy! I'm going to go and lie down somewhere quiet now...

Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Aw, shucks, thanks...

By the way, I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I've also compiled PDF versions for each area (POR-AB, POR-MB and POFQ) which can be downloaded for viewing locally. Download them via:

Alligator Bayou
Magnolia Bend
French Quarter

Andre
OMG! Andre, you rock my world! I'm so glad we're staying at POR, for no other reason than these threads and your website! Absolutely AMAZEBALLS. I really can't thank you enough. I am so excited about our trip; I wish it was next month instead of 9 months away!
Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly
Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #2117
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicajonathan View Post
Andre..thanks for the layouts that show the details of the views. I do have a question. Are the rooms with the Murphy beds spread out all across the AB area or are they in specific buildings?
They are in every room in the Alligator Bayou section, including all the King Bed rooms. Not in the mansion buildings though. I don't know about the Disability Accessible rooms though, I'm guessing that the extra wardrobe probably takes up too much space there.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #2118
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
They are in every room in the Alligator Bayou section, including all the King Bed rooms. Not in the mansion buildings though. I don't know about the Disability Accessible rooms though, I'm guessing that the extra wardrobe probably takes up too much space there.

Andre
Hmmmm.... that is VERY interesting about them being in the king bed rooms. Does that mean that would be a bookable category for a party of 3? (Thinking ahead for next fall when DH comes along....)
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #2119
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Just booked our first stay at POR for May 2013!

Had debated back and forth forever on going with POR or AOA suite. Sat down last night to book AOA, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't swallow the cost! Decided to go with POR instead, and I'm very happy with that now.

I see so many posts about people requesting rooms close to the main building/transportation, etc. I just have to ask - am I the only one that wants to be out in the boonies? Just looking at the pics, I think it would be great to be "lost" somewhere out in the back of the bayou, lol! We have small children, but the walking doesn't deter me at all. Just curious if I'm the only oddball.
Def not.. we prefer the outter buildings also..

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 01-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #2120
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Another who prefers the further out buildings. I love the 37, 38, 39 area personally.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #2121
monicajonathan
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the clarification. Last year we stayed in the preferred rooms and this year we have the garden view. I'm just so excited about going in June. I'm certainly counting down.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #2122
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
OK, I confess, the storage thing has me worried. Our trip is 2 weeks long. Yes, for the first time ever I am going to have to do laundry in WDW. But it is still my vacation so I will only be doing a couple of loads, 1 time, mid trip.

As I see it, perhaps I better start saving wire dry cleaning type hangers to hang shirts and shorts in the closet and save the drawers for things that can't hang?

And where does everyone keep their suitcases? In the closet? We will probably have 4 with us.

TIA!

ETA: We are booked in a non-Royal room and are hoping to be in Magnolia Bend, somewhere.
Target and Walmart have a hanging collapsible organizer for 15$. You can try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
We have booked standard room in Mansions, I requested top floor wasn't sure of where to request ??
Well could help you again this year too lol?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #2123
4leobeans
Earning My Ears

Andre, thanks for your work on the Port Orleans website. I didn't realize that was you....I just figured you were a very helpful DISboards poster who REALLY likes POR

As someone planning her first visit, I have used this thread and the POR a lot

One general question; if we booked through a TA, can I still send a room request fax, or does that need to go through the TA? I just want to make sure I have the best chance of getting connecting rooms for our visit.....

Thanks very much
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #2124
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for waiting. So now, if you'd like to check out the site again (www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php) you'll find that all of the Port Orleans building floor plans have been magically upgraded with pixie dust and now include all of the room category information too (plus details of the Accessible room locations while I was at it).

I would like to pass on my grateful personal thanks to the manager at the resort who provided me with a spreadsheet detailing all of the category information (all 3,056 lines of it!!) and then gave me permission to use that list to cross-reference the information into my new floor plans.

This whole project has been a lot of work (and I mean a LOT of work!) but I'm really happy with the end results and I hope people will find the information useful. Hopefully it should also help answer more of the "so are there any River View/Water View/King Beds in the preferred buildings?" type questions which we've been seeing a lot of recently.

Please could I ask that people do not bombard the resort with requests for specific room numbers though. This info is better used as a general guide rather than as a "checklist for the perfect vacation". It's still preferable to let them know WHAT you want from your room and WHY, rather than requesting one specific room number (which might not even be available during your stay).

Enjoy! I'm going to go and lie down somewhere quiet now...

Andre

THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! This is amazing, Andre! I really can't thank you enough!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #2125
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Target and Walmart have a hanging collapsible organizer for 15$. You can try that.
I might, but I am worried about the hanging space it will take in the closet. I think with 4 suitcases I am going to need to put those in there, and will need things that can hang "above" them, KWIM? Our suitcases are all 29" tall, so I can't even put one inside the other to save space.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~

Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #2126
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Well could help you again this year too lol?
That would be great
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #2127
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Hmmmm.... that is VERY interesting about them being in the king bed rooms. Does that mean that would be a bookable category for a party of 3? (Thinking ahead for next fall when DH comes along....)
I've already asked that question, and at the moment it is not possible for King Bed category rooms to be booked for more than two people. However that is a limitation of the booking system (which does not know about the upgrade) rather than the rooms themselves, which would take three people easily.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #2128
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
I've already asked that question, and at the moment it is not possible for King Bed category rooms to be booked for more than two people. However that is a limitation of the booking system (which does not know about the upgrade) rather than the rooms themselves, which would take three people easily.

Andre
Thanks!!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #2129
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leobeans View Post
Andre, thanks for your work on the Port Orleans website. I didn't realize that was you....I just figured you were a very helpful DISboards poster who REALLY likes POR

As someone planning her first visit, I have used this thread and the POR a lot

One general question; if we booked through a TA, can I still send a room request fax, or does that need to go through the TA? I just want to make sure I have the best chance of getting connecting rooms for our visit.....

Thanks very much
Yes you can still send in room request faxes I booked through AAA travel agents and sent mine in.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #2130
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
That would be great
I'll pm you in a few.
Closed Thread