Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
Kinnick23
Earning My Ears

Need HELP... Ticket voucher has wrong travel dates

I've found myself in a bad spot and hoping someone has a magic wand. I purchased 5 day for 3 day price tickets through Expedia. I did not realize I needed to specify my travel dates for the vouchers. The site had dates filled in and never prompted me to put them in. My travel dates are Jan 13 th to the 17th. My ticket vouchers are the 18th to te 25th and says is only valid to be redeemed those dates. I phoned Expedia. What a waste!! Was told too bad I would have to purchase different tickets. $1300!!! My reservation for stay is at Disney and booked through Disney, I spoke to them and they have not said that I'm SOL but I'm feeling they may as well. I'm suppose to call again tomorrow to another area that was currently closed. Any insight or assistance would be helpful.
Kinnick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnick23 View Post
I've found myself in a bad spot and hoping someone has a magic wand. I purchased 5 day for 3 day price tickets through Expedia. I did not realize I needed to specify my travel dates for the vouchers. The site had dates filled in and never prompted me to put them in. My travel dates are Jan 13 th to the 17th. My ticket vouchers are the 18th to te 25th and says is only valid to be redeemed those dates. I phoned Expedia. What a waste!! Was told too bad I would have to purchase different tickets. $1300!!! My reservation for stay is at Disney and booked through Disney, I spoke to them and they have not said that I'm SOL but I'm feeling they may as well. I'm suppose to call again tomorrow to another area that was currently closed. Any insight or assistance would be helpful.
I don't see where Disney has a dog in this fight. Your issue is with Expedia. When I just went on their site, I *DID* have to put in travel dates for the 5 for three deal. I'm not sure how you didn't. Expedia also says there is no refund or exchanges.

As far as what you can do now, I'd give Expedia one more call (play CSR roulette) and see if they'll exchange the vouchers. If they won't contact your credit card company, tell them what you received isn't what you ordered (look at your receipt and make sure the dates aren't listed).
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. Definitely not Disney's Problem.

2. If this was a purchase of park tickets only (and not any sort of package) you still should be able to get the tickets at Disney even though outside of Expedia's date range.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
Kinnick23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I did not select my dates the Expedia site automatically generated dates and my mistake was not noticing prior to purchasing. I phoned Expedia immediately upon purchasing. It was seriously a minute between. Expedia said they,"can't " make changes as Disney won't allow. That is why I have been trying to talk to Disney. I phoned the contact I was to call today at Disney and was told... Expedia needs to make the change. They do have the ability to do so and are just being difficult. She told me Disney doesn't even get confirmation or access to the reservation until 2 days prior to the date of the voucher which means even if I tried to fix it there, we would have no help. She suggested I phone them again. So I have Expedia directing me to Disney and vice versa. I am going to call Expedia again but I called the CC to stop payment this morning as this just occurred last night. As of current it's going to cost me $30 to stop payment and I am hoping this will help resolve it. I'm hoping this doesn't cause more problems!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did not select my dates the Expedia site automatically generated dates and my mistake was not noticing prior to purchasing. I phoned Expedia immediately upon purchasing. It was seriously a minute between. Expedia said they,"can't " make changes as Disney won't allow. That is why I have been trying to talk to Disney. I phoned the contact I was to call today at Disney and was told... Expedia needs to make the change. They do have the ability to do so and are just being difficult. She told me Disney doesn't even get confirmation or access to the reservation until 2 days prior to the date of the voucher which means even if I tried to fix it there, we would have no help. She suggested I phone them again. So I have Expedia directing me to Disney and vice versa. I am going to call Expedia again but I called the CC to stop payment this morning as this just occurred last night. As of current it's going to cost me $30 to stop payment and I am hoping this will help resolve it. I'm hoping this doesn't cause more problems!
As I suggested, call Expedia again. Admit this was your fault for not noticing the dates, but the voucher dates won't work for you. Hopefully the CSR will know how to change the dates. It might not be possible though. You may have to suck up the $30 stop payment fee.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
1. Definitely not Disney's Problem.

2. If this was a purchase of park tickets only (and not any sort of package) you still should be able to get the tickets at Disney even though outside of Expedia's date range.
Cheshire, you're the expert here. I see it as a $1300 gamble. If she brings the vouchers to Disney and tries to use them on the wrong dates, are you comfortable they'll still work?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I once booked a Disney resort through Expedia. When I got to WDW, I was given the wrong room type. I had booked club level through Expdia but WDW had it in their system as a regular room. No amount of arguing or documentation that I had on me helped with Disney. My options were to pay the difference to upgrade to club level or accept the accommodations that Expedia had sent to Disney. Although the Disney CMs were very nice, including the manager I requested, there was nothing they could do.

So I paid the difference to upgrade to club level and then I dealt with Expedia after I got home.

Lesson learned on booking through a 3rd party.

OP, if Expedia won't help you, I wouldn't show up at WDW unless you are okay with paying rack rate for the nights you really want.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I once booked a Disney resort through Expedia. When I got to WDW, I was given the wrong room type. I had booked club level through Expdia but WDW had it in their system as a regular room. No amount of arguing or documentation that I had on me helped with Disney. My options were to pay the difference to upgrade to club level or accept the accommodations that Expedia had sent to Disney. Although the Disney CMs were very nice, including the manager I requested, there was nothing they could do.

So I paid the difference to upgrade to club level and then I dealt with Expedia after I got home.

Lesson learned on booking through a 3rd party.

OP, if Expedia won't help you, I wouldn't show up at WDW unless you are okay with paying rack rate for the nights you really want.
According to the OP, she booked the rooms through Disney, just got park tickets through Expedia.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Kinnick23
Earning My Ears

Correct. My room was booked through Disney. Just park tickets from Expedia. I have made contact with someone that is referring my complaint to tier 1 customer service which is apparently Expedia's highest level. Said they would review it and get in contact with me regarding their decision. I've also filed a complaint with BBB on Expedia. We leave next weekend. Hope we're not sitting in a hotel at Disney World with the ability to get tickets the day after we go home. :-(. Keep you posted...
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
TheSchragFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Correct. My room was booked through Disney. Just park tickets from Expedia. I have made contact with someone that is referring my complaint to tier 1 customer service which is apparently Expedia's highest level. Said they would review it and get in contact with me regarding their decision. I've also filed a complaint with BBB on Expedia. We leave next weekend. Hope we're not sitting in a hotel at Disney World with the ability to get tickets the day after we go home. :-(. Keep you posted...
You wouldn't seriously go all that way and check into the hotel only to sit in your room and not buy usable tickets, would you?
TheSchragFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

Where can you buy just park tix at Expedia? I am looking now and do not see the option.
quentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentina View Post
Where can you buy just park tix at Expedia? I am looking now and do not see the option.
Here.
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...wtid=28/rdct=1

It looks like Expedia prefills dates and the OP did not notice and/or did not change them.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #13
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

I hope someone will surely help you. I guess I would think they might not IF the dates you wanted were not valid dates for this deal but I would hope someone would help you switch. You must be very careful and check and recheck everything...

I should know.

Last week I purchased 2 DVC PAPs and purchased the child's ticket instead of the adult ones. Same price but wrong tickets.

I immediately PMed Cheshire Figment for info on IF I could be helped. She replied and was so informative! Anyway, I emailed Disney and they fixed it for me and I pick up my tickets on Friday!

I wish you luck. Let's hope for good news and a wonderful update!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #14
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
I've also filed a complaint with BBB on Expedia.
Why are you blaming Expedia? You said yourself in your first post that you didn't realize you had to specify your travel dates.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #15
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
Why are you blaming Expedia? You said yourself in your first post that you didn't realize you had to specify your travel dates.
Poor customer service? A bad practice of pre-filling dates? Expedia should have fixed this before it ever became a gripe on a message board.
tasha99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: