Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #796
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Lots of new and returning friends!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTaylorsMom View Post
Hello All

I took advantage of the new discount this morning and booked a trip back to BC! Yeah! We'll be there 4/13 - 4/19, which is our kids school vacation! After months spent "working" my DH into the realization that we need another trip to BC (we fell in love with it during our trip in October of 2011), the new discount was an offer too good to refuse.

I can't wait to tell our DDs!
So glad to hear you are coming back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytink View Post
We will be there 8/3-8/10. Please add us to your list. Can't wait!

Will do!!! Which resort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
Super excited to say we will be at BC from May 9-18! We were supposed to go in Feb. and stay at POR but we were forced to delay till May and decided to splurge. I cannot wait to experience this.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post
Just booked our trip for April 14-21 at the Beach Club! SO excited! This will be our first stay at BC and our first trip to the world since 2009. (Disneyland is closer for us...)

Thanks to everyone for the great info on this board!

I'll add you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
I would love any words of encouragement from you folks....I have enjoyed reading this thread and the pictures are wonderful.

I'm so excited about going back to WDW,and very excited about the Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay, but I have a bit of cruise remorse right now. Will someone please tell me I'm going to be okay

It's all good! Your family will have a fabulous time!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #797
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hey Everyone.

We made it down yesterday ok. Offsite right now but we made it to the Studios last night for a little extra unplanned fun. Been a long time since we've parked in the parking lot and rode the tram. Still had a blast. Met up with some friends and was able to get in Osborne Lights and the last F!

Headed over to CR this morning and probably Epcot for some park time. Ta Ta for now
Glad to hear you arrived safely! Thanks for checking in with us and

HAVE A SUPER MAGICAL TRIP!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #798
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will someone please tell me I'm going to be okay
You are going to MORE than okay, especially since you are going "dark side"

Hope all the surprises work out for you. You are going to have a great trip.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #799
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
Quick question, if you don't mind!

Did you ever notice any loud talking coming from the hot tub area at night when you stayed in the deluxe room? It's so hard to tell from photos and Google Maps, but it seems awfully close to your bedroom windows. I just read that the quiet pool is open 24 hours a day, so it seems like it might be a slight concern at midnight if people decide to enjoy the hot tub after a long day at the parks.
I've probably bored the others on this thread with my story before, but you're new here, so...

On the last night of our vacation in Jamaica in 2008, we were trying to get to sleep around 9 PM since we had an early flight in the morning. After we had all settled in, we heard VERY loud music coming from the courtyard below our balcony. It was a concert or video by singer Sean Kingston. I considered going down to the lobby to complain, but figured others were probably enjoying the unscheduled concert.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #800
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I didn't see the answers to your questions, so I am reposting.
Sorry Music City Mama, I missed this. I thought it was a Swolphin question. I didn't see you were looking for information on the YC.

Yes, the door hits the toilet, just like at the BC. The rooms are exactly the same. Just look at the pictures on page one and you will see this.

Yes, the GV room with gazebo view can be close to the elevator. If I wanted to make a room request for both of these I would first put gazebo view then put close to elevator. The view of the garden area and the gazebo would be a higher priority for me than the elevator, but that is just me.

And yes, you can get a GV room that does allow you to look at the lake or the pool but you won't get the water view on a "straight on" basis. usually you have to stand on the balcony and look right or left.

Hope that helps.

Happy planning
Old 01-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #801
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I've probably bored the others on this thread with my story before, but you're new here, so...
We NEVER tire of your stories Dee.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #802
kristen2276
Mouseketeer

snakes? OMG- please don't tell me that! I can deal with bugs, they are usually easy to remove, but if I see a snake in my room, I will DIE! DIE! I tell you! I can't deal with snakes in my room, I will need therapy!
Besides that- any rooms better in BC then others- we have a Garden view- thanks!

Kristen-13th Disney Trip, Mike-9th Disney Trip, Kieran-6th Disney trip and Michael's 3rd Disney trip- April/May, 2013!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #803
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT
Hey Everyone.

We made it down yesterday ok. Offsite right now but we made it to the Studios last night for a little extra unplanned fun. Been a long time since we've parked in the parking lot and rode the tram. Still had a blast. Met up with some friends and was able to get in Osborne Lights and the last F!

Headed over to CR this morning and probably Epcot for some park time. Ta Ta for now
YAY!! Have a great time!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #804
momdmd
Earning My Ears

Just booked BC needs help with room

Hi all,

This is our first trip to WDW with our kids DS10, DD8 and just booked BC for 6/9 to 6/14. I need help in choosing room category or location. We don't really care for the balcony but would like a room near the lobby or SAB. Which category should we book? Right now I have garden view. Would appreciate any inputs.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #805
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Should have listened to the Wise One. In TT line and just heard for the sixth time, " Ladies and Gentlemen. Due to technical difficulties..."

Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #806
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdmd
Hi all,

This is our first trip to WDW with our kids DS10, DD8 and just booked BC for 6/9 to 6/14. I need help in choosing room category or location. We don't really care for the balcony but would like a room near the lobby or SAB. Which category should we book? Right now I have garden view. Would appreciate any inputs.
Well you've come to the right place! I'm new, so I'm not the advice-giver for resort rooms, however, I have grown to love this board in a short time. Everyone here is friendly, knowledgable and will give you some GREAT information to find what suits you. Also, Page 1 of this thread has a plethora of information with pictures etc, that might help you decided what you want too......

Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #807
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Good morning!!

Quote:
I'm so excited about going back to WDW,and very excited about the Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay, but I have a bit of cruise remorse right now. Will someone please tell me I'm going to be okay
I can tell you from personal experience that you're going to be more than OK!! We were on the 3-night Dream in August of 2011 - it was a short cruise just to determine whether we would be OK on a ship, not get claustrophobic, sea sick, etc. before we invested in the Wonder to Alaska for 2012. We did have a great time on the 3-night Dream, but now I entirely understand why cruise vets recommend against the short cruises. It fit our purposes perfectly, but now that we've done the 7-night (and to Alaska!) we wouldn't repeat a 3-night.

And having stayed at Coronado Springs several times, and BC/YC many, I can tell you that the WDW-only stay at BC or YC is a GREAT choice. I'd absolutely choose it over the 3-night Dream/CSR mix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Thanks again for the info

So, as I've been reading through I've seen a post about 'Limited Time Magic' in 2013 - has anyone seen any examples of what this is yet? Very curious!
We've been following limited time magic since they announced it in NYC a few months ago. We're planning trips to both WDW (in three weeks!) and DL (in August.) So we're interested to see what they will come up with each week. The website limitedtimemagic.com has some information, and Disney said they would update it every Friday with information regarding the next week. Last week through today, it's a dance party in MK. But so far, no updates for tomorrow or next week. And the running promo is the ear-hat-of-the-month, but the hats they "released" this month were already available last year. My brother's family is leaving WDW today after a few nights in a POR Royal Room. They were in MK yesterday, but didn't mention anything about noticing the promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hey Everyone.

Have a great time!! Really looking forward to hearing about your trip and the run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdmd View Post
Hi all,

I think the garden view would be great for your family. Our now-favorite GV room is on the second floor just up the stairs and literally steps from the lobby. And very close to SAB! If you don't care about a full balcony, you could request close to lobby, and maybe 2nd floor, if you want to make it really easy to just skip down those stairs! (Although our kids say the BC elevators are the fastest in the world!)

Our 2nd floor garden view room:

From the balcony, and SAB is right past those trees:

You can see our balcony on the second floor, tucked in the corner. SAB was on my left when I took the photo.

We were right up these stairs from the lobby!

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #808
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted on the dis. I booked the Yacht Club for Oct 26th - Nov 2nd. Wanted the beach club but no standard rooms were available.

Love food and wine festival. and going that week! We always enjoy ourselves.
We stayed at the boardwalk villas last trip and while we were fine with our stay there I really do not like the pool at all there. We missed SAB!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #809
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Our now-favorite GV room is on the second floor just up the stairs and literally steps from the lobby. And very close to SAB! If you don't care about a full balcony, you could request close to lobby, and maybe 2nd floor, if you want to make it really easy to just skip down those stairs! (Although our kids say the BC elevators are the fastest in the world!)
Our September stay at BC was in one of those rooms RIGHT at the top of the stairs and we absolutely loved it! It was super convenient to never need an elevator!

Aaaaand we just booked a stay at BC in May! We'll be there May 12th-15th! I can't WAIT! We completely fell in love with this place last year and it's our favorite summer getaway now!

I LOVE the look of the YC lobby and rooms and swore the next stay we booked would be for YC, but I chickened out and stuck with BC. We spend hours in SAB when we stay at BC, we barely bother with the parks, and it looked like SAB is a tiny bit closer to BC than YC. Does that seem right? I just really didn't want to have to traipse through the gorgeous YC lobby in my swim gear.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #810
txsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Soooo excited to be returning to BC! We stayed there in June 2009, and have always longed to go back. Loved how close it was to Epcot, HS; Beaches & Cream; SAB, etc. Now we will be staying at BCV on our 1st DVC trip!!!! We will be there July 26-31. Yes, hot..but can't wait!
DVC Members since 2012

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: