Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
rzin
Earning My Ears
 
rzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10

Question LF Disney Western Carribean Cruise excursion ideas

We're going as a family of 4 (two boys aged 7 and 11) on our first Disney Cruise this February, 2013 (first cruise in general for the kids) and we're looking at different ideas for the off shore excursions. The two stops on our 5 day cruise are Cozumel, Mexico and Grand Cayman. We're thinking for the Cozumel stop about either the "Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel and Beach Party" or "The Secret River and Playa Del Carmen" excursions. For the Grand Cayman off shores we're thinking of either the "Island Tour and Snorkeling with Stingrays" or the "Rum Point Beach Adventure and Stingray City Snorkel". Has anyone been to any of these excursions? what were your experiences? would you recommend one over another? were there any other excursions that you've done that you would recommend? on that note, are there any details that we need to be aware of or watch out for in either/both locations? Thanks so much in advance for any and all feedback.
rzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran
 
MedicGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada
Posts: 939

I would take this question over to the cruise board. You will get TONS of answers.....or look for trip reports that have been to the Western.

The board is EXTREMELY helpful
__________________
MedicGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
misslissa
DIS Veteran
 
misslissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklin, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,957

We did these stops and a few other cruises and only did "Island Tour and Snorkeling with Stingrays". Usually, we try to book things on shore on our own and not through the cruise line 'cause we find it much cheaper that way. However, we found that this tour was exactly what we wanted to do and so specific that we booked it through DCL. It was great! Absolutely one of the best excursions we have been on anywhere. They don't give you much time to stop anywhere on the Island Tour but it is fun none-the-less. The stingray part was fantastic. I highly recommend it all.

If you are looking to do some indepth research on your ports, visit the Cruise part of this board or go to cruisecritic.com for some more ideas.
__________________
December 2004 - First Trip to Disney! - Caribbean Beach Resort
November 2005 - Old Key West
September 2006 - DISNEYMOON at Coronado Springs Resort
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Camilo
1992 (WDW) 1998 (WDW and DLR) 2006 (WDW) 2007 (DLR) 2010 and 2011 (WDW) and 2013 (DCL Wonder)
 
Camilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 370

We went to Cozumel last year on the Carnival Dream and will be going again in February, on the Disney Wonder.
We went and will be going again to Paradise Beach. I left my rewview with all the details here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...7&postcount=26 and http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...8&postcount=27.
To us, a beach day is more fun than the excursions and the kids enjoy it more.
For GC, we are thinking of going to Royal Palms, buyt haven't decided yet: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant...n_Islands.html

Camilo
Camilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
rzin
Earning My Ears
 
rzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy
I would take this question over to the cruise board. You will get TONS of answers.....or look for trip reports that have been to the Western.

The board is EXTREMELY helpful
Thanks!
__________________
rzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
rzin
Earning My Ears
 
rzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa
We did these stops and a few other cruises and only did "Island Tour and Snorkeling with Stingrays". Usually, we try to book things on shore on our own and not through the cruise line 'cause we find it much cheaper that way. However, we found that this tour was exactly what we wanted to do and so specific that we booked it through DCL. It was great! Absolutely one of the best excursions we have been on anywhere. They don't give you much time to stop anywhere on the Island Tour but it is fun none-the-less. The stingray part was fantastic. I highly recommend it all.

If you are looking to do some indepth research on your ports, visit the Cruise part of this board or go to cruisecritic.com for some more ideas.
We ended up booking just the stingray snorkel at GC and we figured we'd spend the rest of the time on our own checking out the beaches and Georgetown before we have to head back on the boat. Thanks for your opinion
__________________
rzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
rzin
Earning My Ears
 
rzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo
We went to Cozumel last year on the Carnival Dream and will be going again in February, on the Disney Wonder.
We went and will be going again to Paradise Beach.
To us, a beach day is more fun than the excursions and the kids enjoy it more.
For GC, we are thinking of going to Royal Palms, buyt haven't decided yet

Camilo
Thanks for the info. As soon as I get to my computer I'll read over the reviews. As I mentioned above, we ended up booking just the stingray city at GC and we're going with the Fury Catamaran snorkel and beach party at Cozumel. When are you cruising in Feb? Are we on the same cruise?

Thanks again
__________________
rzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Camilo
1992 (WDW) 1998 (WDW and DLR) 2006 (WDW) 2007 (DLR) 2010 and 2011 (WDW) and 2013 (DCL Wonder)
 
Camilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzin View Post
Thanks for the info. As soon as I get to my computer I'll read over the reviews. As I mentioned above, we ended up booking just the stingray city at GC and we're going with the Fury Catamaran snorkel and beach party at Cozumel. When are you cruising in Feb? Are we on the same cruise?

Thanks again
Hi there,
Glad I was able to help.
We are cruising the Disney Wonder, on the 11th.
Are you on the same boat?
Thanks...
Camilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cozumel, cruise, excursions, grand cayman, western caribbean



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.