Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
carolinakk
Mouseketeer

La Hacienda or San Angel Inn - kids menu

Wondering if anyone knows if a basic cheese quesadilla is available on the kids menu at either la hacienda or the San angel inn? I assume they can make one, but I don't want to be a pain asking. Anyone done this? I have one of "those" picky kids
carolinakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

They were very accomodating to us when we went, so I don't see why they couldn't.

ErinsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
mslhb
Mouseketeer

We just ate at San Angel Inn a few weeks ago and my DD had a cheese quesadilla. I honestly don't remember if it was officially on the kids menu or not but I know it wasn't an issue when we ordered it. I had read some past not so great reviews of San Angel Inn but our experience was great. The atmosphere is awesome and all of our meals were really good.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #4
magsmum
Mouseketeer

My son always gets one- no problem!
magsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
mid630
Mouseketeer

Do other restaurants have options more true to the cuisine that aren't on the standard menu?

We really wanted to do Marrakesh. We even had reservations, until we looked at the kids menu and saw that kids had no authentic options. Hamburger, chicken tenders, or pasta & meatballs -- at a Moroccan restaurant? Seriously? So we quickly deleted our reservation and started looking for ones at places that allowed the kids to eat authentic food. We're now stuck with having to eat at almost 9pm. Makes me wish we hadn't gotten the DDP.

Can you request a smaller portion of authentic food at most places for the kids?

Thanks.
mid630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid630 View Post
Can you request a smaller portion of authentic food at most places for the kids?

Thanks.
Are you asking if they will give you an adult entree at a child's portion and price? I don't think so. You could order an adult entree and have it shared by 2(or more) children. But this would have to be OOP, not on a DDP.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
mid630
Mouseketeer

Or anything more authentic. Even an appetizer that is cheaper than a kids meal to begin with. Like a plain cheese quesadilla is still mexican, even though it's not on the menu. They still have to go out of the way to make something they don't typically make. I'd just really like my kids to get the experience & a food item different from what they are eating for CS meals at lunch.

Our ADRs are stocked full of buffets & family-style meals because it gives them the chance to eat something besides chicken tenders. I never considered that a restaurant may make something not on the menu for a picky kid. But this post has made me wonder if there is a chance to get something more authentic. I know it's unlikely, but I just wondered if anyone had had any luck.
mid630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
carolinakk
Mouseketeer

So my DD just asked "do they have chips and salsa there?" (Someone is used to our local Mexican place, or known to her as 'the chip restaurant'). I'm assuming they do but I didn't want to tell her before I knew for sure
carolinakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinakk View Post
So my DD just asked "do they have chips and salsa there?" (Someone is used to our local Mexican place, or known to her as 'the chip restaurant'). I'm assuming they do but I didn't want to tell her before I knew for sure
Yes they do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: