Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #1336
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

My dd also checks in on the 15th. We are taking my son's old (flat screen) tv since he now bought a 42" one. The only thing is we can't find the pedastal (sp?). My ds had it mounted on the wall. Can she put this in the bedroom if someone else has one in the living room?
TIA

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #1337
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
My dd also checks in on the 15th. We are taking my son's old (flat screen) tv since he now bought a 42" one. The only thing is we can't find the pedastal (sp?). My ds had it mounted on the wall. Can she put this in the bedroom if someone else has one in the living room?
TIA
She can have the tv in the bedroom, but it won't be able to be mounted on the wall
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #1338
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
She can have the tv in the bedroom, but it won't be able to be mounted on the wall
Thank you!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #1339
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Fall 2012 Checkout Date

What is the checkout date in January for the 2012 fall and fall advantage programs?
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #1340
yellowjacket22
Earning My Ears

I believe the check out date is January 2.
yellowjacket22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #1341
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

I am wondering if there is a facebook group for parents of students participating in the college program? Thanks in advance!
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14, June '14, July '14! August '14, Disneyland August '14, Sept. '14,
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #1342
jmqidoc
Earning My Ears

DCP 2013 Spring/Spring Advantage Parents

Hi my daughter and myself started a Parents FB for Spring/Advantage 2013.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/430218563680184/
Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #1343
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqidoc View Post
Hi my daughter and myself started a Parents FB for Spring/Advantage 2013.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/430218563680184/
Thanks for replying. I went ahead and requested to join the group. My daughter reports on January 29th for the Spring College Program. Her role will be attractions.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14, June '14, July '14! August '14, Disneyland August '14, Sept. '14,
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #1344
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

My daughter just finished her Fall 2012 CP stay and is extending until May 2013. Her experience was wonderful and I thought I would just post a little about her experience. She ended up working attractions at Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari. She really liked the people she worked with but the attraction itself was high stress sometimes because I guess a lot of people get removed or fired for safety violations while driving the trucks. However, she managed to make it through without any safety violations and really liked all of her managers. The only part she didn't like were rude guests. I can't believe some of the things people say to the cm's. She actually had someone tell her on Christmas day that she ruined their kid's Christmas because she wouldn't let them in the FP line when they didn't have a FP and told her if she refused, they were going to call a manager and "get her in trouble"! Luckily her manager was right there and overheard everything.

She had a 3 bedroom apartment in Patterson with 5 other roommates. Amazingly, they all got along really well and no one left early. She has had such a great experience, she wants to stay. She is actually considering living there permanently after she is done with the cp program. She wants to establish residency and then finish college in Florida. I guess we will see if that changes in May. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #1345
DianeV
DIS Veteran

I'm curious about something as I have seen others extend too. Does that mean no college for a year basically? I just wonder about it being a 'college' program but some kids end up not going for a whole year (unless they are doing some online classes)

I assume they will add extra credits along the way or graduate a little late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3poohlovers View Post
My daughter just finished her Fall 2012 CP stay and is extending until May 2013. Her experience was wonderful and I thought I would just post a little about her experience. She ended up working attractions at Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari. She really liked the people she worked with but the attraction itself was high stress sometimes because I guess a lot of people get removed or fired for safety violations while driving the trucks. However, she managed to make it through without any safety violations and really liked all of her managers. The only part she didn't like were rude guests. I can't believe some of the things people say to the cm's. She actually had someone tell her on Christmas day that she ruined their kid's Christmas because she wouldn't let them in the FP line when they didn't have a FP and told her if she refused, they were going to call a manager and "get her in trouble"! Luckily her manager was right there and overheard everything.

She had a 3 bedroom apartment in Patterson with 5 other roommates. Amazingly, they all got along really well and no one left early. She has had such a great experience, she wants to stay. She is actually considering living there permanently after she is done with the cp program. She wants to establish residency and then finish college in Florida. I guess we will see if that changes in May. Let me know if you have any questions!
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #1346
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
I'm curious about something as I have seen others extend too. Does that mean no college for a year basically? I just wonder about it being a 'college' program but some kids end up not going for a whole year (unless they are doing some online classes)

I assume they will add extra credits along the way or graduate a little late?
I believe most kids who extend just end up taking the year off and graduate a year later. In her case, she took an online class this fall and could again through the spring but she is going to take a break because she wants to establish residency in Florida and transfer to a college there. She wants to be a zoologist and they have a great program in Gainsville I believe that she wants to attend but it's not affordable if she is not a resident. If she continues going to school here, she won't be able to establish residency. Her plan right now is to continue in the cp for now, then in May try and work PT or FT for Disney or wherever she can find a job until she can establish residency. I believe she will have to work at least a year, not in the cp before she can establish it. After she does, she will attend school and work PT. She has always wanted to live in Florida and her boyfriend is there with her so my guess is once she graduates, her and her boyfriend will get married and stay there.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #1347
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3poohlovers View Post

I am happy to read that your daughter had a great experience. I hope my dd does too since she is so looking forward to this. I also hope none of the kids get sent home because of anyone else's action - from I read. I hope they are not homesick and everyone has a great experience because not all the stories I hear are rosy.

We leave soon to drive her down!!!

Some people on the fb list are asking if someone does not have a car, where do the "kids" leave their luggage while checking in? Does anyone know. TIA.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #1348
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I am happy to read that your daughter had a great experience. I hope my dd does too since she is so looking forward to this. I also hope none of the kids get sent home because of anyone else's action - from I read. I hope they are not homesick and everyone has a great experience because not all the stories I hear are rosy.

We leave soon to drive her down!!!

Some people on the fb list are asking if someone does not have a car, where do the "kids" leave their luggage while checking in? Does anyone know. TIA.
Most of the issues at AK, and the safari ride in particular, are driver issues. They all know the rules. The rules are in place for a reason...guest safety. I know of one very good CM that got moved from that job because she 'broke' the rules, but she felt that her guests' safety was more important than the 'rule'. But, she was removed from that job and placed elsewhere.
I also have heard horror stories from CMs about guest behavior. It is just mind boggling what guests will say and do. My dd is looking forward to doing the CP right after she graduates...at least she has been going to WDW since she was 5, and knows a lot of CMs (gotta love the social networking sites!!), so she knows full well what guests try to get away with.

Dd has wanted to do the CP for years...has looked forward to going to college so she can add that. But, we won't let her do it until she is a senior!! If they ever offered her a job after completion of her stint, there is no way she would go back to school!!! So, she will apply in her senior year, and be ready to go right after graduation!!! Then, if she wants to, she can stay down there and work.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #1349
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Most of the issues at AK, and the safari ride in particular, are driver issues. They all know the rules. The rules are in place for a reason...guest safety. I know of one very good CM that got moved from that job because she 'broke' the rules, but she felt that her guests' safety was more important than the 'rule'. But, she was removed from that job and placed elsewhere.
I also have heard horror stories from CMs about guest behavior. It is just mind boggling what guests will say and do. My dd is looking forward to doing the CP right after she graduates...at least she has been going to WDW since she was 5, and knows a lot of CMs (gotta love the social networking sites!!), so she knows full well what guests try to get away with.

Dd has wanted to do the CP for years...has looked forward to going to college so she can add that. But, we won't let her do it until she is a senior!! If they ever offered her a job after completion of her stint, there is no way she would go back to school!!! So, she will apply in her senior year, and be ready to go right after graduation!!! Then, if she wants to, she can stay down there and work.
You are correct about about most cm's losing their job or being transferred on the Safari due to driver issues. I know my DD said there are so many rules and it was hard to drive that big truck and get it perfectly lined up at the dock. My DD extended but asked to be transferred because she always felt nervous that she would do something wrong. She just found out she will be working right next door driving the train to the Pagani Forest. I would guess it is just as safety conscious as her first job but she thinks she was placed there because she didn't receive any safety violations.

I don't know about where they can keep the luggage. I would assume they have a place somewhere where they check in. We rented a car so I am not sure.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #1350
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I remember correctly there is a large tent where you can leave your luggage while you wait in line to check in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: