Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #2086
iwannago2disney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

As I don't know you, that's hard to answer. Are there any specific things that you want?

Andre
Hubby and I are traveling with our two daughters, ages 6-8. It is our first time to Disney and would probably like convenience to the main building and bus stop. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #2087
iwannago2disney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

To me they taste similar to Folger's Regular Coffee just repackaged. Its ok, but if you like the hazelnut flavored or caramel flavored then you may want to bring some.

Well this is often a argued point but, IMO Oak building is more beneficial for a Standard Room. Because you can go right out the way towards the parking lot and see a bus stop if you want to head strait to a park. Or you can go towards the river and take the foot bridge over to the main building and enjoy the gift shop, food court, Main Bus Depot, Boat Wrights, Etc...
Thank you. Oak building wast guess but it's our first time and I wasn't sure.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #2088
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannago2disney View Post
Hello! I booked a royal room at POR, are there any specific room requests I should make?
The "problem" with the Royal Rooms is that the buildings they are in are both across the river from the main building and the bus stop is in the building next door. But compared to many other buildings, especially some in Alligator Bayou, the walk isn't really that far. Oak Manor is closer to the bridge and the East Depot bus stop, so that might be your best option for a request.

And personally, I think it's easier to have a room on the first floor so you don't have to worry about finding an elevator to move your bags or sleepy kids up.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #2089
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
The "problem" with the Royal Rooms is that the buildings they are in are both across the river from the main building and the bus stop is in the building next door. But compared to many other buildings, especially some in Alligator Bayou, the walk isn't really that far. Oak Manor is closer to the bridge and the East Depot bus stop, so that might be your best option for a request.

And personally, I think it's easier to have a room on the first floor so you don't have to worry about finding an elevator to move your bags or sleepy kids up.
Well the elevators are all in the middle of the mansions so you won't have to find them. But it is up to you!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #2090
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say that this thread is AWESOME and I'm so indebted to the multiple knowledgeable people who continuously provide answers to all our questions. You guys are amazing, truly.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 01-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #2091
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsav View Post
We are leaving in 3 weeks. We are a 2 family party of 8 (4 adults and 4 kids 7 and under) travelling together. We booked Royal Guest Rooms and requested adjoining rooms. Any special requests I should make as to location? We only paid for standard view and want to be easily accessible to the main building, Old Man Island and the buses.
If you want to be able to go from room to room internally I would request connecting rooms. Adjoinging rooms will only get you rooms next to one another as I understand it.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #2092
Go Ask Alice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Hey another UK guest. Now Andre isn't alone. Go Ask Alice, you will love POR!
Thanks Venomhatch! You'll get a lot of UK guests in May, school holidays and fantastic deals right now for us! I have a Q, when we check in to the resort can we ask for a room near a Designated smoking Area or will a room be already allocated to us? Me and my DH are in the process of quitting but its not going so well Oops I just noticed I posted in the wrong thread, I'm actually staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, Newbie mistake is my excuse lol xx
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #2093
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Just booked our first stay at POR for May 2013!

Had debated back and forth forever on going with POR or AOA suite. Sat down last night to book AOA, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't swallow the cost! Decided to go with POR instead, and I'm very happy with that now.

I see so many posts about people requesting rooms close to the main building/transportation, etc. I just have to ask - am I the only one that wants to be out in the boonies? Just looking at the pics, I think it would be great to be "lost" somewhere out in the back of the bayou, lol! We have small children, but the walking doesn't deter me at all. Just curious if I'm the only oddball.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #2094
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn

We were in Parterre Place in August. We had an upper floor room next to the elevator and it was a fantastic location IMO. Beautiful walk by the gardens, fountain, and along the river to cross the bridge to the main building and South depot. Not far at all.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #2095
Distopia
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We need a little help from the experts for our upcoming trip. We're returning to POR for 2 weeks, but booked only 6 weeks ago. We always book preferred and usually way in advance, but there were none available this time. Garden view was what we chose. We will be in AB because we are a party of 5.

Now, my mother will be joining us the second week and has also booked a garden room. She linked our bookings when she booked and requested building 16. Do I also need to call and request that building on my booking with Disney and link the booking from my reservation, or should I send a fax? We are just over a week from departure. I almost always do online check-in, but I held off this time. What to do! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Distopia; 01-04-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Edited to add that the second room is also a garden room.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #2096
RunRosemary
Earning My Ears

So excited! After reading all these posts, it's finally my turn. Just checked us in for our Marathon Weekend trip! I was hoping to submit a few requests but it only seemed to allow me to request a crib. Weird. No worries, I'll try to submit those in my fax. Thanks for everyone's advice, suggestions, tips, etc. it's going to be a once in a lifetime trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #2097
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
I see so many posts about people requesting rooms close to the main building/transportation, etc. I just have to ask - am I the only one that wants to be out in the boonies? Just looking at the pics, I think it would be great to be "lost" somewhere out in the back of the bayou, lol! We have small children, but the walking doesn't deter me at all. Just curious if I'm the only oddball.
We haven't made a request, I don't really want to be too far away from the main building etc but I don't understand how it works if everyone is requesting the same area then clearly everyone isn't going to get what they want!
My thinking is that if I haven't put in a request then it can't be denied so I can't be disappointed and if we get a little bit of pixie dust then I'll be extra happy!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #2098
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
We haven't made a request, I don't really want to be too far away from the main building etc but I don't understand how it works if everyone is requesting the same area then clearly everyone isn't going to get what they want!
My thinking is that if I haven't put in a request then it can't be denied so I can't be disappointed and if we get a little bit of pixie dust then I'll be extra happy!
If everyone isnt going to be there at the same time it is possible.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #2099
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Just booked our first stay at POR for May 2013!

Had debated back and forth forever on going with POR or AOA suite. Sat down last night to book AOA, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't swallow the cost! Decided to go with POR instead, and I'm very happy with that now.

Congrats on your booking your visit at POR!

Most families I have spoken with have had children with some sort of medical situation, or elder parents along with them. But POR is huge, so it can be quite accommodating.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #2100
jcbinette
Earning My Ears

We have three kids (8,5 and 2) and are currently booked in a preferred room which means an AB room with a murphy bed. I like that all five of us will be able to sleep on a regular mattress but I am concerned that we will have no room for storing clothes and suitcases. I am wondering if I should change to one of the new royal rooms (which I prefer the decor of) and use a pack n play for our 2 year old. Can you fit a pack n play in the royal rooms? They seem like they have more space for storage. Thoughts?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: