Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness. I would have cried. I'm glad they got you on another flight without much trouble.

Your boys are too cute. I never would have guessed your youngest was only five months. So much hair!

Congratulations on your success with breastfeeding, and happy early birthday! Can't wait to read more about your trip.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
bellaally
DIS Veteran

A quick update hope all of you are enjoying your holidays with your family. I am in the process of getting my photopass pictures. I will be posting those as soon as I can. The kids are sick and I am starting to feel under the weather but I am typing up the rest of the trip in word and posting it as soon as I get a chance.

Last edited by bellaally; 12-28-2012 at 05:47 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #18
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
A quick update hope all of you are enjoying your holidays with your family. I am in the process of getting my photopass pictures. I will be posting those shortly.
Can't wait to see them!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Exclamation First Day Part 4/ POP Century

We are approaching the POP century Check-in; it was so colorful and decorated beautifully for Christmas.

I love the POP Century Christmas tree, we went over and saw the Art of Animations tree and not really impressed then again I HATE white Christmas trees.

So we check-in and get out packet which is full of goodies, we also received our 1st visit buttons and my birthday button YAY!

We are in room 3267, I like this room it was right behind the pin shaped pool, it was a quick two minute walk to the main and Everything POP, as well as close to the laundry.

Our room was standard size; it was plenty of room for my family and I. We requested a playard and it was in the room. It was your average size playard. You dont even need to bring sheets they had adorable Mickey Mouse sheets on already.

Now time to go to sleep, we had an early day in the morning.

Last edited by bellaally; 01-02-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
bellaally
DIS Veteran

I woke up nice and early, it was our first full day at Disney. We were going to the Animal Kingdom today.

I made sure to pack everything we needed the night before. That was a saver many times during the trip.

I wanted to make rope drop but never happened it takes longer to park and walk to the park and get our bags checked then I originally thought.

The Animal Kingdom tree outside the entrance is amazing and if I could replicate any tree and have it shrunk to fit in our living room it would be this one; So many details and beautiful wooden ornaments.
I would just like to tell everybody that we were overwhelmed when we entered I mean I planned for this trip six months and read books, blogs, maps. I knew where I wanted to go Kilimanjaro Safari but didn’t know how to get there or where we were for that matter lol.

I eventually stopped to ask in what direction to go. We got there, by 9:30 the stand by line was 30 minutes. I didn’t want to wait in line or waste any time. So I decided to pick up fast passes for this and had a return time of an hour which was fine with us. We then proceeded to venture down into the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

We had lots of fun looking at the different animals; I loved the huge fish tank with all those colorful fishes. I guess Nicholas loved them too. He kept saying” Nemo, Nemo mommy”.

The Go-RI-LLas were very active this morning walking around. But it seemed like every time I would try to get a snap shot of this one gorilla he would moon me. Quite funny!!

Now we had about 10 minutes so we went to find a shady spot to feed the kid’s breakfast before going on our Adventure.

There were many animals and most were active. I was a little upset when you got to “pride rock” the lions were lazy and hiding. The tour was good and long enough it was bumpy which was fine for us but someone with back problems would be hurting after this one. I really thought it was scary when you went over the broken bridge part. I love this ride it was good, Nicholas enjoyed it.

So next we wanted to hit up Expedition Everest. I was very interested in this ride. It looks great from a far. We got there and the Single rider line was 5 minutes so we decided that was the quickest way for us to go, fast passes has us returning way too late and we had a reservation for tusker house.

Let me tell you I loved the detail and everything leading up to the ride, even the fact that you can see it from everywhere in the park but it wasn’t that great. I was expecting a roller coaster like steep fast falls, but it was a good experience and I can see why little kids love to ride the roller coasters at Disney.( Just to clarify I have been on many roller coasters The Hulk, Nitro, Superman, Medusa, Disney doesn’t do scary oh my gosh what did I get into type of rides. It much more for all ages and family oriented). After the boys were getting very cranky it was so humid it felt like 90degrees and sticky and it was time to head to the baby care center and change there clothes and get them out of the heat before we went to eat at tusker house.

On our way there we ran into Devine. She was a little more then friendly with the men lol.

Off to the Baby care center it is right near the Africa Entrance to the left. This place is a god send. It was so cool in there and they were playing The Lion King. So I went to breast feed Jordan, while Nicholas and Jesse cooled down and watched samba.

<3

Last edited by bellaally; 01-03-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #21
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Updates

Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #22
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I am here!! Great start.
I didn't know you missed your flight! I saw all your tweets/facebook updats about waiting at the airport, but had no idea you missed your flight. I would have died!

Glad you love POP! I love it too, well almost everything about it. I think the beds are a little hard, but besides that, I love it.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Bummer about missing the plane. I don't know what I would have done waiting for the next one with little kids, but it looked like they did pretty good. Smart move to have a blanket down for them to sit on.Great updates and can't wait for more.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
bellaally
DIS Veteran

second day/ Part 2 tusker house

So I was pretty excited about our Tusker house reservations, I mean it’s not your typical boring buffet selections, while also having some basic staples for our less adventurist type(DH). Also it has 4 out of the fab 5 so who can complain with that.
I would like to add that making this reservation about two weeks before we left and I was so happy to find it available. I mean if you ever have a need for a character meal when everything else is booked up, you will surely find availability here.

I loved Tusker house for many reasons.
First and foremost the imagineers did an absolutely stunning job with the theming and the décor. You are definitely taking away from Florida and I would have forgotten I was at Disney world if not for the mouse.

I just need to add that if ever showing up for a reservation be a bit early if you are hungry. We made our reservations for 1:40 and we literally checked in at 1; 40. They were so behind on everything. I was starting to get nervous because it was 2:20 and they still had not call us. The character lunch is over at 2:40(well not over but it’s there last seating before dinner, and at dinner there is no characters).

But no worries they called our name and led us to our table.
I let DH know I would go and serve myself and Nicholas and be right back.
Second reason I love tusker house, the food selection, I love to try different things. I think people can appreciate all different types of food, and I am an adventurist, I will try anything once. They had very ethic food as well as your basic staples so everyone can enjoy a meal at Tusker house. For my first plate I really took a little bit of everything (it was so hard deciding what I wanted.

When I got back to my chair Goofy had passed by and DH didn’t get anything no video footage no photo, no autograph. He told me Nicholas was caught off guard and started screaming when he saw goofy.
Lesson learned always have everything ready, cameras on, book opened so when a character comes you’re not busy fumbling around looking for stuff.

Also later on Nicholas warmed up to the characters at first when he saw mickey he was a bit scared but these characters do such a good job to try and ease themselves closer to the kids so we ended up giving mickey a hug and a high five.

No worries our lovely waiter, got me Goofy’s signature before we left.
Highlights I would like to mention are as follows, the vegetarian samoasa (potato and pea stuffing) these things are delicious but they are very filling and huge. There mango salsa was so good I could basically put it over everything. The curry chicken was good and Nicholas ended up eating this. Also I loved there mashed potatoes (my favorite are Boston Market and tuskers were as good).

My DH ate a little bit of everything basic, he loved the chicken said it was very moist, raved about the pork loin and said he felt very silly because he kept taking for the kids buffet items and those are on a table a bit shorter.

A very Pixie dust moment happened they came and brought me a little cupcake with a candle and a card signed by the fab five! Awe that was so sweet!

Nicholas loved eating my cupcake!

All in all I would have to give tusker house a 4/5.
The décor and theming are superb. The selection is new and interesting with good staples mixed in. The service other than the wait was fantastic. Plus did I mention Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Daisy.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Second Day part 3 Parade

After our lovely lunch we proceeded to try and squeeze one ride in before the 3pm parade. So we went straight to A Bugs life ride ‘tough to be a bug”. Nicholas feel asleep on the short walk there. I think this was secretly a blessing in disguise.

Jordan is my baby and he is pretty much laid back, we are Spanish so he is use to the loud noises including music, sound effect from movies and people screaming(Cause Spanish people talk kinda loud lol). But when I tell you that as soon as the show started, he was startled and when I mean started he was looking around everywhere cause it was really dark in there and I can see he was getting very anxious and was about to cry.

So what do I do what any good mommy would have done, taking in to consideration that I didn’t want to try and exit all the way to the left when, we had stat down all the way to the right. I always keep my nursing cover with me in case of emergency. So I put him under there and began breast feeding him. Calmed him right down lol, the kid know what makes him happy give him food and a tractor trailer could have passed within an inch of us and he would not flinch.

Now this show or attraction is very loud and probably very fighting for kids under 6 yrs. Plus did you see those spiders coming down from the ceiling(started me).

So I will never ever take them there until they are old enough to not flip out and start balling.

We came out of the ride with minutes to spare before the parade. Major pixiedust we happen to come by what I think is probably the best spot ever. There is a little seating area where they put tables and chairs out. We asked the cast member first then proceeded to grab chairs and pull them up to the rope. Then we just relaxed and enjoyed the parade. With no crowds front row and seating in regular chair woohoo.

After the parade was done we headed to the Winnie the Pooh meet and greet. I saw Winnie and ereyore signing but just as we got there they were leaving.

I was kind of upset since I really wanted Winnie the Pooh, but to my surprise not 2 minutes later he came back with both ereyore and Tigger.
That was such a nice meet and greet. Jordan just kept on trying to eat the characters lol. It was also so very empty we really were second in line.

After looking at those pics I crack up, I don't know who was more excited me or the baby lol(we all know me lol).

After the meet and greet we were very tired and wanted to go home but I looked up Dinosaur on my touring plans waiting time app and it was a walk on; so I let Jesse know we should ride this before we leave last ride. I loved this ride I mean all of the animatronics and all the extras and visuals just to transport you back to the time of the dinosaurs.

After this we excited the park, there is this wonderful part right before you exit with all this white birds, we did stop by the photo pass photographer but sadly he used flash so you can’t really see all of the birds. I loved Animal Kingdom defiantly not a half a day park. It’s at least a two full day park. Also I feel like this is the best park for babies as it is normally less crowded.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #26
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I am here!! Great start.
I didn't know you missed your flight! I saw all your tweets/facebook updats about waiting at the airport, but had no idea you missed your flight. I would have died!

Glad you love POP! I love it too, well almost everything about it. I think the beds are a little hard, but besides that, I love it.
It was honestly the best thing that happen, Jesse felt so bad for me he agreed then and there we would get APs and we could visit as much as we wanted in 2013. I mean we usually go down to Florida two three times a year anyway, his family lives down there.

It actually helped the trip a lot to because I didn't want to cram everything in so we had a great family vacation.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #27
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Bummer about missing the plane. I don't know what I would have done waiting for the next one with little kids, but it looked like they did pretty good. Smart move to have a blanket down for them to sit on.Great updates and can't wait for more.
Yea we had everything we need with us. I was prepared with the works coloring books, crayons, personal dvd player and ipad. But one thing other then not missing your flight is finding a secluded gate at the airport we were in the carribean flight section and we let them play and run around with out being inthe way of anybody. But of course I would prefer not having missed the flight! how old are your children?

Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #28
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Second Day/ part 4 AOA

So we arrived back at our room and took a little nap, well the kids did I cleaned up a little and laid down to relax. I also had to take a shower. It was so hot and humid at Animal Kingdom it was ridiculous!

After that we were ready to go, where were going across that bridge of course to Art of Animation.

It wasn’t that far a walk about ten to fifteen minutes. Where is plenty to see on our walk there, we walked threw the finding Nemo section. I would love to return to Art of Animation when the boys are about 5 or 6 so they can appreciate all of the sights and playgrounds.

When we got there the cafeteria at AOA was not so packed it was later when we returned about 8:30. They have basically most of the same type stations as POP. DH grabbed us a seat and I went to order. I ended getting There Fish selection with rice and spinach and paneer cheese with naan bread.

It was pretty good. Moist and it was a good serving.

DH of course gets a burger and fries, first of many!

We got Nicholas a child pizza, that’s what he asked for lol.

After we finished our meal we checked out AOA lobby and store.

Then we decided to walk around the Cars section of AOA so we can get some pictures with some stars from the movie!

It was about a thirty minute walk but that’s because we were strolling and just enjoying the walk in AOA. I thought to myself this is amazing, we weren’t in a park or doing anything but I felt a warm happiness just walking around a resort. Like yes I am at Disney!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
lissaD02
Earning My Ears

Hi!! OMG those babies are too cute!!! I totally would not have kept it together if I missed my flight...good for you and I'm glad things worked out!!

After seeing your AoA pic I really wish we took a trip over there...guess we need to go again...lol The Cars section looks awesome!!

My first Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post47117101

1979 - 1998 20 off site trips

2008 ASM
2010 POP
2012 ASM
2014 TBD
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #30
TriniandBre
Mouseketeer

I'm in and all caught up....and ready for more.

Next Trip to the World October 21st 2014
First Disney Cruise October 25th 2014

==========================
2003 – POR Nov...............2010 - OKW/SSR Dec
2005 – POR Sept/Oct........2011 - All Stars Music Dec
2006 - BWV May/June.......2013 - AKV/BWV Dec
2008 - AKV Jul/Aug...........2014 - All Stars Sports Oct

Tags
christmas 2012, first time trip, first time visit, infant

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: