Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #181
Millie12591
DIS Veteran
 
Millie12591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, Texas!
Posts: 3,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey Millie!!!!!

No worries! Good part of being a little late is you get to catch up quickly! I suggest reading 2 updates today then 1 or 2 more in about a week then repeat. That way you won't yell at me for being a slow updater like some of the other readers I have.
Thank you little brotha!!

No way!! I read them all!! Too much suspense to wait that long. Although, I won't yell if your updates are slow, I haven't updated on mine in a coons age!

Such a great start to y'alls trip!!
I'm afraid I'm part of the reason you were up late the night before your trip, I kept you up late talking on FB! Oops!

At least the plane ride was uneventful and the kiddos weren't a big mess on the plane, even if they didn't sleep.

GKTW was a great choice for your first stop, such a special place. Maroo is planning on visiting with Noah's parents on our trip coming up in May, she's flying in a day early to do so, I believe.

Chef Mickey's is one place I've wanted to try for years but refuse to go since all the bad reports, it's still a resort I've not visited other than a monorail ride through it. Along with the WL and all of the BW resorts, and the Swolphin, and......come to think of it, I've only seen one of the Moderates, and one of the Value's as well! I have a lot to make up for!! Some of that will change on this trip, we'll see AofA and POR this go around! Can't wait!!

The picture of your Mama getting off the bus is about the best reaction I've seen on a grandma's face, ever!! I think it captures every grandmothers feelings when they see their babies.

I'm with Ms. Kat, I totally teared up seeing the picture of your Mama and little Christopher walking hand in hand together. My favorite pictures are of, men holding babies adoringly and pictures of people walking away as they are walking with little one's. I have one of my hubby and the kids on the beach doing this and it triggers a tear every time.
The pictures you captured have captured my heart too!! Especially when Christopher reached out for Mickey's hand, who in turn was reaching out for him. I had a bawl fest going on over here! What are you tryin to do to me?!?

That last update was probably my favorite so far.
__________________
Camille~Mom of the greatest kiddos a mom could be blessed with~

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #182
Millie12591
DIS Veteran
 
Millie12591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, Texas!
Posts: 3,715

By the way.... I'm sure you couldn't care less about this sort of thing, but I really need to know where Mel got her sequin tank top?!? Sooo stinkin cute!!
__________________
Camille~Mom of the greatest kiddos a mom could be blessed with~

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #183
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,856

So glad Mickey Mouse was a hit with Christopher
petals is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #184
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,147

I'm glad the Mickey visit was a success! Hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.

That's a shame that Ohana was a little bit down last time. I hope they're back on their A game for marathon weekend. I guess even if it wasn't as good as usual, you probably still ended up in a meat coma, so it can't be all that bad.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #185
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Love the pictures with the Mickey meeting! Looks like Christopher did such a good job.

How many washes did it take to get all that out of Juliana's hair?!

Did you like the Lapu Lapu?

That's too bad they rushed dinner while you were there. I remember eating there when the meals lasted a little longer and you were able to enjoy the food and atmosphere.
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #186
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,163

The encounter with Mickey brought tears to my eyes! SO sweet! You captured some excellent shots of the meet too.

I have to say Christopher might be the cutest little one ever in Mouse Ears!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #187
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,182

Aw, I'm glad Christopher had a good Mickey-meet. And then he went for a stuffed Donald.

And with that cadaver-dog searching the boat, you won't have to worry about any dead bodies on your trip over to the Poly. So you've got that going for you.

Yeah, I thought that the food came pretty fast when we ate at Ohana a couple of years ago. Hopefully, just saying "hey, can you give us a few minutes" works for slowing them down a little.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #188
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,007

Sweet! I made it on to page 1......3?
I must have missed your shameless plug while I was out running. I've subscribed so I remember to go back and read after I get my TR updated. Or probably sooner.
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #189
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

maybe he picked out the donald because he knows they are best friends and he wants to be mickey and donald is his best friend....did that make sense...sort of lost what i meant between the brain and the fingers typing it.

we noticed the same thing about ohana, it was a little rushed, maybe they are told to do that to squeeze in more people...but we didnt let us get slowed down by it, nope bring on the pot stickers refill plate.
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #190
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,828

Glad the Mickey visit worked out. Little kids and characters are always a roll of the dice. Maybe his Mickey ears helped sell it.

Yeah, I'd hate it if people kept bringing food to my table.

Just kidding. I know it's not fun to feel like they're trying to rush you out of there. The way to combat that is to go into a meat coma at the table.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #191
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am so glad Christopher's second visit with Mickey went well! The photos you got are just so cute.

Let's just say we were relieved after the meeting. It is how we thought he would act.

Quote:
Sorry about Ohana. The speed the food comes out has made us avoid Ohana for the past few trips. I really hope this is not going to be a trend here.
The food was ok... we just felt rushed. I'll let you know if it is a trend... we are eating there again next week.

Quote:
You accomplished a lot that day. Cannot wait for more!
I'm trying.... this TR business takes a lot of time.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Thank you little brotha!!

No way!! I read them all!! Too much suspense to wait that long. Although, I won't yell if your updates are slow, I haven't updated on mine in a coons age!

I came from your PTR... you updates are perfect for me!!!

Quote:
Such a great start to y'alls trip!!
I'm afraid I'm part of the reason you were up late the night before your trip, I kept you up late talking on FB! Oops!
I was multitasking...

Quote:
At least the plane ride was uneventful and the kiddos weren't a big mess on the plane, even if they didn't sleep.


Quote:
GKTW was a great choice for your first stop, such a special place. Maroo is planning on visiting with Noah's parents on our trip coming up in May, she's flying in a day early to do so, I believe.
That is awesome! I didn't get a chance to talk to them but from what I heard, they are amazing people.

Quote:
Chef Mickey's is one place I've wanted to try for years but refuse to go since all the bad reports, it's still a resort I've not visited other than a monorail ride through it. Along with the WL and all of the BW resorts, and the Swolphin, and......come to think of it, I've only seen one of the Moderates, and one of the Value's as well! I have a lot to make up for!! Some of that will change on this trip, we'll see AofA and POR this go around! Can't wait!!
LOLOL.... guess there is a lot you need to check out!

Quote:
The picture of your Mama getting off the bus is about the best reaction I've seen on a grandma's face, ever!! I think it captures every grandmothers feelings when they see their babies.
I think she might of been happy to be there!

Quote:
I'm with Ms. Kat, I totally teared up seeing the picture of your Mama and little Christopher walking hand in hand together. My favorite pictures are of, men holding babies adoringly and pictures of people walking away as they are walking with little one's. I have one of my hubby and the kids on the beach doing this and it triggers a tear every time.
The pictures you captured have captured my heart too!! Especially when Christopher reached out for Mickey's hand, who in turn was reaching out for him. I had a bawl fest going on over here! What are you tryin to do to me?!?
WOW... you are an emotional reck!

It really was a great time with Mickey. I wish I could go back to that moment again and again.

Quote:
That last update was probably my favorite so far.
Why thank you Millie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
By the way.... I'm sure you couldn't care less about this sort of thing, but I really need to know where Mel got her sequin tank top?!? Sooo stinkin cute!!
I'll have to get back to you on that... someone is sleeping.




Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
So glad Mickey Mouse was a hit with Christopher
Me too!!!!! Much better than the first meet!!!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad the Mickey visit was a success! Hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.
You know how these things go... once you think you are in the clear, the tide changes.

Quote:
That's a shame that Ohana was a little bit down last time. I hope they're back on their A game for marathon weekend. I guess even if it wasn't as good as usual, you probably still ended up in a meat coma, so it can't be all that bad.
Oh, believe me. I was stuffed! I hope the meat quality is a little better next weekend. (It feels weird to type that)
that's nice is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #192
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Love the pictures with the Mickey meeting! Looks like Christopher did such a good job.
He did great... it was really fun!

Quote:
How many washes did it take to get all that out of Juliana's hair?!
Actually it came out pretty easy.

Quote:
Did you like the Lapu Lapu?
Yes. And no. It tasted good but there was a lot of juice in there. I like to taste alcohol in my drinks.

Quote:
That's too bad they rushed dinner while you were there. I remember eating there when the meals lasted a little longer and you were able to enjoy the food and atmosphere.
I guess they want people to eat as fast as possible so they can ge tback to the parks or get out of there so they can spend $ somewhere else.




Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The encounter with Mickey brought tears to my eyes! SO sweet! You captured some excellent shots of the meet too.
Most of those pics were photopass pics. The guy was snapping away! It was good too since I was able to watch and enjoy seeing the kids with Mickey.

Quote:
I have to say Christopher might be the cutest little one ever in Mouse Ears!
Awwww. Thanks Brook!



Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Aw, I'm glad Christopher had a good Mickey-meet. And then he went for a stuffed Donald.
I guess Christopher has a place in his heart for the Don! Maybe Christopher remembered who his favorite was from the night before.

Quote:
And with that cadaver-dog searching the boat, you won't have to worry about any dead bodies on your trip over to the Poly. So you've got that going for you.
I guess that is a plus.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought that the food came pretty fast when we ate at Ohana a couple of years ago. Hopefully, just saying "hey, can you give us a few minutes" works for slowing them down a little.
I'll try that move when we eat there next week.
that's nice is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #193
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Sweet! I made it on to page 1......3?
I must have missed your shameless plug while I was out running. I've subscribed so I remember to go back and read after I get my TR updated. Or probably sooner.
Oh crap... look who decided to show up.

I am proud of myself that I was able to keep this a secret from you for so long.

Out running? What's that?




Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
maybe he picked out the donald because he knows they are best friends and he wants to be mickey and donald is his best friend....did that make sense...sort of lost what i meant between the brain and the fingers typing it.


I got what you are trying to say... i think.

Quote:
we noticed the same thing about ohana, it was a little rushed, maybe they are told to do that to squeeze in more people...but we didnt let us get slowed down by it, nope bring on the pot stickers refill plate.
... and the wings... and the noodles... and the bread... and the shri- you get the idea.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Glad the Mickey visit worked out. Little kids and characters are always a roll of the dice. Maybe his Mickey ears helped sell it.
Maybe one of these days I should get myself a set of Mickey ears.

Quote:
Yeah, I'd hate it if people kept bringing food to my table.
I guess you can look at it that way. Unfortunately for you, they weren't burgers.

Quote:
Just kidding. I know it's not fun to feel like they're trying to rush you out of there. The way to combat that is to go into a meat coma at the table.
Oh there was a coma happening. I barely could fit any dessert.... but I managed to get in a few bites.
that's nice is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #194
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,747

You gave me grief for doing an update and then you go and do yet another one. Well, guess what? So did I.

I love that our princess knows the drill of getting the sutogrsph books ready to go; she is a seasoned Disney visitor.

I am so happy that Christopher liked Mickey....love the pic of both kids with Mickey.

But too funny he picked Donald as his stuffed animal.

Sorry Ohana wasn't as good as in the past (we've still not gotten there).

Tim make a rope drop? I'm not holding out much hope for that.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #195
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You gave me grief for doing an update and then you go and do yet another one. Well, guess what? So did I.
Yea I noticed.... heading over to yours next.

Quote:
I love that our princess knows the drill of getting the sutogrsph books ready to go; she is a seasoned Disney visitor.
If she isn't seasoned by now, when would she be?

Quote:
I am so happy that Christopher liked Mickey....love the pic of both kids with Mickey.
Me too. Another one of my favorites! (I'm not sure how many favorites I have? )

Quote:
But too funny he picked Donald as his stuffed animal.
I know...

Quote:
Sorry Ohana wasn't as good as in the past (we've still not gotten there).
I'll try it out on Saturday and let you know.

[/QUOTE]Tim make a rope drop? I'm not holding out much hope for that.[/QUOTE]
that's nice is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: