Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #136
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love your CRT pics! And I agree that it has a funny way of turning grown ups into children lol That perfume is a great Christmas gift! Did you get more Disney themed gifts? I got a few Disney gifts myself

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #137
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Beginning of the Storm AKA MK!

So after breakfast Corey was going to meet us behind the castle. I saw the evil stepsisters and got in line. The line was short but I changed my mind and got out.

We also saw an intense SotMK card collector. He had a portfolio with all of the cards in it! I made the mistake of asking him about the game and he went on for about 5 minutes about the game. He liked it a lot! I am not sure I would like it that much!

My goal for this morning was to meet Merida. My little cousin is obsessed with Merida so I wanted to get a video of her saying hi and a personalized message to her. We met up with Corey after telling him to go right out of the castle instead of going left. Ooops! We got in line for Merida and there was only one person in front of us. Another group was going through so we had to wait a little bit but only for 10 minutes. We were actually first to meet Merida.

It was such an awesome M&G! I recorded the video on my phone and she said " Hi Grace. I am having a lovely time meeting your cousin here. I can't wait till I can meet you here. Until then keep practicing your archery!" It was adorable. Apparently Gracie watches this video like 3 times a day and had it memorized in a couple days. The note said To my Twin Sister Grace Love Merida. That is now hanging on her wall. They both have curly red hair so that is why they are twins!

Here is me getting my phone video ready

After this I went to the new Fantasyland because I have heard that they were letting the General Public in for previews. I ordered D23 so I could have a chance to see it but got waitlisted for my selected for the previews so I was really upset about that. I showed the attendant my waitlist letter hoping she would let me in and feel sorry for me but that was not the case. I was denied.

I was so upset about this. I really though I would be let in.

Thus begins my worst day in Disney World history...

We got wands from CRT and they didn't fit in my backpack so I knew I had to get rid of them. We found two little girls and I told them Cinderella wanted me to give them the wishing wand so they got it and were so happy!!

Here is the cool wall in FLE!

Next was a trip to Splash Mountain. It was a little chilly this morning so Emily was worried about getting cold.

I tried to use my fast lens to take pictures in the dark but it didn't work so well. It was hard to do!

It was a fun ride and we did get wet. Emily and Corey both put their arms up. Not me, I am a wuss!

We decided to take a spin on BTMR to dry off in the wind.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #138
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Foot Pain, Crowds, and Heat!!

After BTMR Corey decided he was ready to eat. He went to Columbia Harbor House and got the breaded shrimp. We had a nice table in the upstairs area. There was this huge tour group on this scavenger hunt this day. I saw them all over the place in MK. One of the things they were trying to find was in CHH.

He didn't really like the shrimp that much because there was too much breading.

I took a pic of our CRT picture with Cinderella. I love it!

I was really getting annoyed at this point because my feet hurt very very bad and I didn't feel too well. My feet hurting was making me nautious and I just felt bad. After this I decided I needed to rest every couple of hours to make it bearable. Also it was very hot this day and the crowds were HORRIBLE! Honestly the worst I have ever seen them. I will listen to people from now and never go to MK on a Saturday!

We decided to go to Pirates of the Caribbean after Corey's lunch.

Emily stopped to get an iced coffee which she really liked!

We also went into the Christmas store.

Here is a pic of the crowds from across the moat.

First we stopped for Dole Whip!

I got a pineapple vanilla float and Corey got an orange pineapple float.

I also took some pics of the Sunshine Tree Terrace to see what it looked like! I didn't know it was back there.

Unfortunately Pirates was down. It actually was down the rest of the day so emily didn't get to go on it.

We went along on our journey and came across Jungle Cruise which was a 35-40 minute wait. FOR JUNGLE CRUISE!! We decided we needed to ride a ride so we went on it. It really did take that long. The line was so long and soo hot. I thought I was going to pass out.

OUr skipper was Evan and he was HILARIOUS!!!! Seriously the best skipper ever. Disney he deserves a raise. He was coming up with original jokes and was cracking on himself and making so many jokes. Even the corny jokes were funny with him.

Here is Corey and I

I was taking pictures of Evan and he posed for me!

Here is the lovely elephant pics that everyone always think is real.

These women next to us were taking pictures of everything!!! And on flash!! In the dark part they were taking pictures of everything even the stuff across the boat. I don't know why you would take pictures like that!

After this I decided to check out FLE again. Once again denied. Except this time they were rude. Which I can understand because a lot of people were coming up to the gate mad they couldn't get in. (like me lol). Oh well, at this point I came to the realization I wasn't going to see it. they also told me it wasn't opening to the GP after the previews at 9 like it was supposed to! I was bummed.

We then went to Storybook Circus. I love that new area. It is so cool! I kinda wish that splash area wasn't such a wet area but It still is cute.

Emily and I(mostly me) wanted to meet Minnie and Daisy. The line was soo long! It was only 30 min but felt longer. Their areas in here were so cute!

Daisy was reading my palm!

I told Minnie that I had a poodle named Lola too and all I meant was I had a poodle too and she was looking all over the place for her dog named Lola but there wasn't one named Lola. She was confused.

We also got fastpasses for Dumbo so we could ride that before dinner.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #139
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up, everything sounds great so far!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #140
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Sorry you were in pain and that you didn't get to see New Fantasyland! I'm so excited for you that you get to see it soon, though!!!!

Hahah... you don't think the Jungle Cruise is funny all the time? I find it hilarious. I love corny jokes.

-Marissa
Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #141
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Found your dining report over on the Restaurants Board and then came over here to read your TR. Great TR so far, I have enjoyed reading (read the whole thing today) Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #142
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I leave for Disney tomorrow at 6:25 am and have yet to pack!! Haha I am a procrastinator!

Hopefully I can check in once I get there. I have lots planned for the 3 days I am going to be there and then I have to go to the work stuff. Boo!

Well I guess I will pack. Good night!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #143
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am at the airport and I feel so sick an nautious. It's a mixture of buttery popcorn I had at the movie last night and nerves. Lets hope I remembered everything I need!!😄

Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #144
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up! What a fantastic meet and greet with Merida! That is why I love Disney. It is too bad that Pirates was down all day and the crowds were so bad. What a great Jungle Cruise skipper though - he looks like he would be a blast!

I hope that you are feeling better, have fun on your trip!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #145
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I love that you gave your wands away to little girls! I bet that meant the world to them!!!

I am totally bummed that you couldn't get into the previews. That stinks, but I do understand the reasoning… And I hate that you were feeling poorly! You aren't allowed to be sick or hurting at Disney! Doesn't your body understand that!?

I loved the meet and greet area in the Circus, but I do wish that Minnie was still over with Mickey in her red dress! I like her costume, but it's just not the same!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #146
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel! I'm now caught up with your TR. You really scored for Christmas - all of your gifts sounds great!

Evan looks like a hoot! (Well, he actually looks quite charming and easy on the eyes but I'll keep more of my opinon to myself!)

Sorry you couldn't see FLE! bummer for being there but not being able to see. Yikes, sore feet - no bueno. At least you were wearing your sneakers/runners.

I hope you have a wonderful trip to WDW this coming week. Enjoy your DxDP!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #147
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Yay, hooray, you're there! (Thanks, instagram.) I hope you're feeling better!

-Marissa
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #148
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
I'm all caught up, everything sounds great so far!
Thanks for reading!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Sorry you were in pain and that you didn't get to see New Fantasyland! I'm so excited for you that you get to see it soon, though!!!!

Hahah... you don't think the Jungle Cruise is funny all the time? I find it hilarious. I love corny jokes.
It is funny but some of the skippers just don't get that into it! This guy was so authentic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Found your dining report over on the Restaurants Board and then came over here to read your TR. Great TR so far, I have enjoyed reading (read the whole thing today) Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
Thanks! Hopefully I will finish it up soon. I need to start on my new trip report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up! What a fantastic meet and greet with Merida! That is why I love Disney. It is too bad that Pirates was down all day and the crowds were so bad. What a great Jungle Cruise skipper though - he looks like he would be a blast!

I hope that you are feeling better, have fun on your trip!
It was amazing!! I do feel better! It was just nerves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I love that you gave your wands away to little girls! I bet that meant the world to them!!!

I am totally bummed that you couldn't get into the previews. That stinks, but I do understand the reasoning… And I hate that you were feeling poorly! You aren't allowed to be sick or hurting at Disney! Doesn't your body understand that!?

I loved the meet and greet area in the Circus, but I do wish that Minnie was still over with Mickey in her red dress! I like her costume, but it's just not the same!
I hope they liked their wands! I agree at Minnie. I loved meeting her and Mickey together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Rachel! I'm now caught up with your TR. You really scored for Christmas - all of your gifts sounds great!

Evan looks like a hoot! (Well, he actually looks quite charming and easy on the eyes but I'll keep more of my opinon to myself!)

Sorry you couldn't see FLE! bummer for being there but not being able to see. Yikes, sore feet - no bueno. At least you were wearing your sneakers/runners.

I hope you have a wonderful trip to WDW this coming week. Enjoy your DxDP!
Lol I thought Evan was cute too!!!! Really cute!! So handsome and funny! I did have a wonderful time! I will be adding my food pics to my dining and making a new trip report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Yay, hooray, you're there! (Thanks, instagram.) I hope you're feeling better!
Haha gotta love instagram. I love instagram! I did feel better!

Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #149
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Off to Dinner

After we met Minnie and Daisy I didn't really feel that good. I felt like I was getting chills and I was nautious. So I decided I needed to sit in the air and have a snack. Since I had a counter service I went to Pinnochio's Village Haus and had a BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza.

It was horrible. All of the toppings were piled in the middle and the chicken was bad and yucky.

I felt a little better after this even though Pinnochio's Village Haus was extremely crowded! Oh yeah and someone was rude to me in the line. I couldn't go anywhere (I was waiting for my food) and he was trying to get around her and basically yelled at and said EXCUSE ME!!!! really loud. I was not happy; I don't like being treated like that!

After lunch I was doing something I have never done before- go on Dumbo!! Well I might have went on when I was little. Never as an adult though! Emily and I used our fastpasses to go on Dumbo! I was excited.

I gave Corey my camera to take pictures of us to document this monumental occasion!

Please don't laugh at my god awful faces.

It was a cute ride but I felt like there was a delay when going up or down. It didn't move until a minute after moving the switch. The new Dumbo area is so cute and awesome!

After this Emily and Corey got ice cream. We wanted to go on the PeopleMover, but the line was ridiculous.

I think during this time we checked out Pirates again to see if we could go on it but it was still closed. It never opened back up.

We left a little early because of the crowds and we decided to go to the Grand Floridian. Emily likes nice things so I knew she would like the grandeur of the GF!

We took a boat over which felt so nice. I love Disney boat rides.

LOL, a little bright!

The new play/water area is really cool.

We took the monorail then to the Contemporary.

We ran into a really happy CM at the monorail stop. (sarcasm). We were laughing along with him but now that I think about it it was a little inappropriate. Somehow we were talking about something expensive and I was like that is too expensive! The CM Was like you can afford it you are staying at the Grand Floridian! I was like no we aren't staying here we are cheap and staying at a value! Then he started talking about how expensive the GF was and how he would never spend that money. He then said he never would even stop foot in any Disney park and basically they would have to pay him to go to Disney World.

One of my goals was to take pictures in the cute Mickey ears outside of the contemporary.

Next up: Dinner at the Wave

Last edited by rachel09985; 01-14-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #150
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Getting caught up !! I love how you got a recording of Merida for your cousin. You are the best cousin EVER !!

We never go to MK on Saturday anymore. it is always the first park most people want to go to and most people get there on Saturday.

I can't wait to get some photos of Minnie, Donald and Goofy in their new outfits at the souvenir place.

I know you eventually got to see NFL on your short January trip though with emmebear. Didn't you love it ?? I can't wait until the coaster is done so I can see it all finished.

Susan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: