Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #136
209Disney
Earning My Ears

Enjoying your TR!! The coasters at seaworld look fun, makes me want to go!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #137
Lotjestar
Earning My Ears

Your pictures are really amazing! Make me feel like I'm there even more...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #138
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I don't know if I've commented on your TR or not, but I have gone through it! You have a lot of really beautiful pictures! I love the Beach Club (hopefully we will stay there one day!). Your dress at the Cali Grill is beautiful

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #139
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

All of the food you took pics of looks so yummy! Esp the Piccante oh and the cupcake

Loved the pic of Ben when he started whistling when you were taking pics - that sounds like something my husband would have done

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #140
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up!! (and really hungry after all these pics!) Your pictures are just fabulous. I love some of these views! The flamingo pic is adorable, too. The Beach Club looks really nice.

Hope you're doing well & have a magical holiday!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #141
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody! Merry Christmas from India! I will catch up on all of your posts when I get back after the new year and finish up the trip report as well! Tomorrow I will be at the Taj Mahal!!!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #142
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

I just recently found you TR and I'm loving it! Your pictures are great! I hope you are having a blast in India and safe travels home. Your pictures of AKL are making me want to go back there so badly. My husband and I honeymooned there in 2008 and bought AKV DVC last year while celebrating our anniversary in Disneyland. I can't wait to get back there, but it probably won't be until 2015 We're going to Mexico this year, hopefully Europe next year, and that leaves WDW for 2015... vacation problems...
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #143
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Hope that you had an amazing experience in India!

I love how even though you guys are touring the parks, they still seem laid back. I need to learn to go with the flow more at the parks. If we want to just sit back and enjoy the view, why not?!

I want to go to Sea World. Maybe the next time we're in Orlando! I got to pet a sting ray at a zoo here in the suburbs, and it kind of freaked me out. They are cute, though!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #144
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218 View Post
Hi everybody! Merry Christmas from India! I will catch up on all of your posts when I get back after the new year and finish up the trip report as well! Tomorrow I will be at the Taj Mahal!!!
How exciting!! I hope you might share some pics with us? Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #145
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209Disney View Post
Enjoying your TR!! The coasters at seaworld look fun, makes me want to go!
The Sea World coasters were sooo much fun! Totally worth a trip! We love that park, its beautiful! We are trying to decide if we want to do Sea World or Universal for our trip in Feb/March, and as much as I love Harry Potter I think I'm leaning toward Sea World right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotjestar View Post
Your pictures are really amazing! Make me feel like I'm there even more...
Thanks! I love taking pictures at Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I don't know if I've commented on your TR or not, but I have gone through it! You have a lot of really beautiful pictures! I love the Beach Club (hopefully we will stay there one day!). Your dress at the Cali Grill is beautiful
Thanks for reading!! I hope you get to stay at the Beach Club...we loved it! And thanks, I love that dress!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
All of the food you took pics of looks so yummy! Esp the Piccante oh and the cupcake

Loved the pic of Ben when he started whistling when you were taking pics - that sounds like something my husband would have done
That pizza at Via Napoli was sooo good! I love food pics!

Oh Ben...such a jokester. I WAS taking a long time though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Finally caught up!! (and really hungry after all these pics!) Your pictures are just fabulous. I love some of these views! The flamingo pic is adorable, too. The Beach Club looks really nice.

Hope you're doing well & have a magical holiday!
Yay, glad to see you back on the Dis!

We loved the Beach Club and the whole EPCOT resort area...wish we could afford it every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
I just recently found you TR and I'm loving it! Your pictures are great! I hope you are having a blast in India and safe travels home. Your pictures of AKL are making me want to go back there so badly. My husband and I honeymooned there in 2008 and bought AKV DVC last year while celebrating our anniversary in Disneyland. I can't wait to get back there, but it probably won't be until 2015 We're going to Mexico this year, hopefully Europe next year, and that leaves WDW for 2015... vacation problems...
Welcome, thanks for reading!

India was AMAZING! I will definitely share some pictures when I get them all organized!

We would LOVE to stay at AKL some day!

Mexico and Europe, how fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Hope that you had an amazing experience in India!

I love how even though you guys are touring the parks, they still seem laid back. I need to learn to go with the flow more at the parks. If we want to just sit back and enjoy the view, why not?!

I want to go to Sea World. Maybe the next time we're in Orlando! I got to pet a sting ray at a zoo here in the suburbs, and it kind of freaked me out. They are cute, though!
Thanks, India was so unbelievable AMAZING!

We try to keep it relaxed as much as possible. I think it helps that we go to rope drop and use fastpasses. We know what our favorites are by now, so that helps too. We don't try to do everything.

I highly recommend Sea World! We love it! And I love rays! Try feeding them if you havent...its such a strange feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
How exciting!! I hope you might share some pics with us? Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
I'm home! Got home after a 24 hour travel day yesterday (3 hours in India airport, 6 hours to Moscow, Russia, 5 hours in Moscow airport, 10 hours to JFK airport in NYC, 3 hours home). Phew, I am TIRED! I will DEFINITELY share pictures when I get them all organized!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #146
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I’m home from India! I will share some pictures once I get them all uploaded and organized! We had an AMAZING trip!

I hope everyone had wonderful holidays!

Anyway, back to July in Orlando!

I woke up around 830AM the next day and lounged around the room until about 10:30 or 11:00. At that point, I got up and got ready to head down to the pool. Ben stayed in the room to watch some football show that was on and promised to meet me as soon as it was over.

I headed downstairs, filled my mug, used a snack credit for one of those amazing coconut bars, and went to the pool. I snagged some good chairs and laid in the sun until Ben joined me at 11:45AM.

Love this view!

DSC02700 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

When Ben got there, we jumped in an swam around, enjoying the lazy river for a while. We also found a foosball table tucked away in a corner and had fun playing a few games.

Eventually, Ben decided to join in a volleyball game and I sat on a ledge nearby with my book. I normally like playing volleyball but there was a pretty intense guy playing in this game and I just know my lack of skills would have been stressful for him! HAHA! Ben had fun though!

DSC02701 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02702 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

When the game was over, we were able to borrow a ball from someone who was sitting near us, so we got to volley back and forth a play around for a bit!

Next, we decided to grab lunch at Hurricane Hannah’s. We both got burgers and fries. The burgers were huge and very good! We grabbed a table just outside the pool complex near the waterslide with a view of the walkway and the Boardwalk across the water. Great for people watching!

We both had ice cream for dessert, which we were able to go back and pick up after we finished with our meals. I had a Mickey Bar (can’t go wrong there!) and Ben had cookies and cream gelato, which was just okay.

We headed back into the pool for a while after that. I got all comfortable with my book on the ledge again and Ben was swimming around. He really wanted to play volleyball, but nobody had a game going and he couldn’t find anyone with a ball, so he went to the little poolside gift shop a bought one. As he was coming back, someone started a game, so he put his new ball by our chairs and joined in. So silly! It was okay though, it was a really cute Nemo beach ball and we made good use of it for the rest of the trip!

At about 4:15PM I decided to head back to the room to shower before we went to EPCOT for the night. Ben stayed at the pool for a while and would meet me in a bit to shower after me.

Of course, I took some photos as I walked to the room!

The décor at the Beach Club is so cute!

DSC02705 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

I called for towels when I got back to the room and they took about 15 minutes to arrive. As soon as they came I jumped in the shower, and when I got out I was greeted by Ben knocking on the door. The knocking was kind of sad and defeated, so I could tell he had been there a while. Turns out he had asked me to take his stuff with me when I left the pool…and that stuff included his room key. Since I had to wait for towels, I got in the shower later than he thought, so he was waiting out there for a while! Poor guy!

Ben jumped in the shower while I looked up our options for dinner. We had a Via Napoli reservation, but we had gone there on a whim the night before, so we wanted something different. We decided on an 830PM reservation at Les Chefs de France and headed on our way!

The first thing we did when we got to EPCOT was watch British Revolution. They are so much fun!

DSC02706 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02707 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

I love the UK pavilion…it’s so pretty!

DSC02708 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02708 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

I loved this mug! I ended up getting it as a gift for a friend!

DSC02710 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02711 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

After the show was over, we continued walking and stopped for a soda and cookie at a stand somewhere between the UK and Canada.

DSC02711 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

Looks good right? Nope. It was very hard and dry. Saddest cookie ever! Oh well, live and learn!

We caught some entertainment in Canada as we ate our snack.

DSC02712 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

And enjoyed the view!

DSC02713 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

We spent some time touring Canada, which was had never really done before. Their pavilion is very pretty and they have an adorable shop!

DSC02715 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02717 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

We continued walking, intending to head over the Mexico to continue through the rest of the World Showcase. We ended up changing out plan and heading over to ride Nemo instead. We didn’t make the decision until we were about halfway to Mexico, so we got to enjoy the fountain on our way as well!

DSC02718 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02721 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

Ben loves the sea gulls!

DSC02722 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02723 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

Nemo was a walk on, so we boarded our clam shell very quickly!

DSC02725 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

We skipped the aquariums after our ride since we had just been to Sea World. I really think EPCOTS aquarium displays could use a face lift. I LOVE aquariums and these just don’t do it for me. On the way out, I bought Ben a sea gull pin in the gift shop.

Continued in next post...

Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #147
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

...continued from previous post...

We decided to ride Space Ship Earth next, which was also a walk on.

DSC02732 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02739 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02740 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02747 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

We decided to stay and play some games at the end of the ride. We always have a great time doing this!

This guy was NOT having a great time. Or maybe he was…who knows, maybe it was a really good nap!?!

DSC02749 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

First, we played a game that tested your reflexes, memory and hand-eye coordination.

DSC02750 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

Then, we played a 3D one where you have to put together a skeleton.

DSC02755 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

Then, we played out favorite! The one where you use the broom handle thing (definitely its technical name!) to drag energy to where it needs to go in the city.

DSC02756 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

When we were finished, it was time to head to France for our dinner reservation.

DSC02757 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

There is always time for a photoshoot!

DSC02761 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

It was a beautiful evening!

DSC02765 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

We walked to France by way of Canada instead of going on the Mexico side as we originally planned because this way was quicker.

DSC02766 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

We arrived at Les Chefs de France and checked in.

DSC02771 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02772 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

It was busy in the waiting area, but we were seated within 5 minutes and got a great table in the second row from the windows.

This restaurant is very pretty, and the only downside was how close we were to the table next to us. We might as well have all sat together!

I really liked the feel of this restaurant. It is so warm and inviting with all the lights.

DSC02787 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

Our waiter came and took our drink order, and when he brought them he also brought a nice baguette with butter. Yum!

DSC02774 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

For my dinner, I chose the prixe fixe menu. I had a salad and the macaroni and cheese.

DSC02777 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02782 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

The salad was good but had a little too much dressing for my liking. The macaroni and cheese a delicious! It was very creamy and the portion was huge!

Ben had the steak which he really enjoyed. In fact, he gobbled it right up before I could even steal a bite!

DSC02781 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

While we ate, we got to watch Illuminations out the window.

DSC02780 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

For dessert, I had the profiteroles and Ben has the strawberry cake. I thought mine was just okay. I’m not a big fan of ice cream soaked into my cakes or pies, which this reminded me of, so it didn’t work for me. Ben loved his dessert though!

DSC02786 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02785 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

As we were finished up our dinner, a solo diner nearby struck up a conversation. He highly recommended Jelly Rolls, which we intended to get to but unfortunately never made it! It is definitely on the list for the future!

After dinner, we strolled back to the Beach Club.

DSC02790 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02791 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

DSC02792 by CASDonnelly, on Flickr

We got comfortable in our room, watched the women’s gymnastics team win the team gold medal, and got to sleep around midnight.

It was a great, very relaxed day!

Up next: Our last full day

Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #149
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just discovered your TR and I love it !!! I know this one is almost over, but I hope you do another one when you go back. Can't wait to see how your last day was !! Thanks so much for sharing !!
Yay, welcome, thanks for reading! I will definitely write another trip report for our next trip..I love reliving everything!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #150
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

CAStevens218 I love your July 2012 honeymoon trip report. Can you please read my itinerary thread for our June 3013 disneymoon and post your thoughts and suggestions when you have a chance? I just want to make this honeymoon PERFECT as we only get one honeymoon. Here is the link to my thread below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041090

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 01-07-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: