Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #61
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
More great Indy shots

I love the stuntman extra part. I like to look around and look for guests who have not seen the show before, so don't realize it is a set up and see their expressions
Yes, I think the planted stuntman is a cool part of the show and an unexpected one for the uninitiated.

Work and New Years festivities kept me away but I'm back to get some more holiday fun posted!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #62
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 7 - The Grand Finale Begins!

The extras filed out and the director set things up for the big finale – queue the actors and the plane!

I love the bit with the little pilot ordering the big mechanic around

Here comes our intrepid heroes!

Uh oh, spotted already!

Indy takes a swing

…and another

But then it’s the big guy’s turn

Watch out for those blades!

Indy tries to help Marian

…but the big guy has other ideas

That looks like it’s going to hurt

Yup, that’s gotta hurt

But now things are starting to heat up …I just can’t figure out why Indy and the mechanic are suddenly dancing to “Y-M-C-A!”

Indy goes back to try and help Marian

…but is caught by the big guy again

That’s a big foot to be kicked in the gut with!

Next up we finish the finale – stay tuned!

Click here for the next Chapter:

Day 2 Part 8 - Indy goes out with a BANG!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 01-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #63
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 8 - Indy goes out with a BANG!

The bad guy has him in his clutches!

Oh no, soldiers are training their weapons on him!

Nice shooting Marian :-]

Unfortunately Indy is still taking a pounding

But then Marian circles back around and takes him out too

Now Indy is free to scramble up on the plane and set her free

The lock is stuck and the flames are approaching the gas truck

Time to shoot that lock!

Hurray, shes free!

Lets get out of here!

Wait, wheres the flames?

Oh, there we go!!!!

It was a great show, one Im happy to see again and again. We got stuck in the exit crowd when Roxy accidentally turned her scooter into the flow of traffic. It took some maneuvering and me playing blocker to get her turned around and got us on our way out.

Next up we tackle Muppets, Mulch, Monsters, and Movie extras!

Day 2 Part 9 - Muppets, Musical Mulch, Monochrome Monsters, and Movie extras!

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 01-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #64
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Great action shots

We too can watch that show over and over again

just love it
Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #65
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

it was like i was there for the whole thing thanks, didnt see the show the last few trips so this mad eup for it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #66
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Great pictures. I love that stuntman. We have seen him several times and he always does a fantastic job.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #67
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great action shots

We too can watch that show over and over again

just love it
Thank you - I made the pics a bit bigger and more 'widescreen' for that series so you could all see the action

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
it was like i was there for the whole thing thanks, didnt see the show the last few trips so this mad eup for it.
Cool, glad to hear I was able to bring it back for ya Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Great pictures. I love that stuntman. We have seen him several times and he always does a fantastic job.
Thank you, and yes - all of the stuntmen/women are great in that show
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #68
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 9 - Muppets, Musical Mulch, Monochrome Monsters, and Movie extras!

We left the Indy stunt show and let the crowd thin out to get pictures of the gear at the exit.

Ye ole truck

And the tank

And with it we get one of my first my how theyve grown shots. When Bean and I had our daddy/daughter day in 2008 I snapped a picture of her in front of that big rusty beast. She was all of 8 years old

But now I have a teen on my hands  heres 13yr old Bean at the same spot. Notice not only how much shes changed, but how much the tank setting itself has in the past 5 years

We headed down the ramp and I snapped a quick picture of the directors chair setup in the foliage

We had a little bit of time to kill before our lunch reses so we wandered down the Streets of America

&and ran into Mulch, Sweat, and Shears  they were fun and very interactive

We had to leave before their set was over because it was lunch time! We checked in at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. While we waited the girls traded pins with the CMs in the area. Soon enough our name was called and we were taken to our car.

We got a good car just right of center about half way back. The food was good burger fare and the waitress was great. It was our girls first time eating there and they enjoyed the campy movie clips and commercials. Overall it was a very nice break in our day.

When we were done the ladies wanted to do MuppetVision 3D. I needed to walk off some food so I decided to go get RnRC FPs while they watched the show. As I headed down the street I stopped to watch some of the performers

I picked up the FPs and started back. On the way back I ran into another set of performers who did a fun bit with a guy they pulled in from the crowd

I walked back to the exit of MuppetVision and found that the show still had a few more minutes. So I walked on around past the streets of San Francisco

And took a pic of the nativity scene across from it

Then it was on back to the Muppets, where Statler and Waldorf were joking around

At the exit there were some hanging lamps and Bean noticed a hidden Mickey near the top on one pane. When they came out she grabbed the camera and snapped a picture of it

We then headed around the corner back towards the manger and found that Lightning and Mater were out saying howdy

After our visit with the guys we moved on and found a PP photographer at the street I had just been at

Look, Stitch!

Next up we check out the Backlot!

Day 2 Part 10 - Backlot Bound!

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 01-04-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #69
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Just love all the street performers at DHS. I especially love the Plumbers. Those guys are a hoot

WOW, Bean has really grown up. It is crazy too how much tank has changed. Very cool pic

Took Trent to Sci Fi on our recent trip and he was not thrilled at either....funny kid

Can't wait for more
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #70
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

somebody had a lot of tooth brush scrubbing on that tank to get it that clean.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #71
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just love all the street performers at DHS. I especially love the Plumbers. Those guys are a hoot

WOW, Bean has really grown up. It is crazy too how much tank has changed. Very cool pic

Took Trent to Sci Fi on our recent trip and he was not thrilled at either....funny kid

Can't wait for more
Yes, there are some great characters roaming the grounds for sure. The Bean has sprouted as it were Yup, that tank had a major facelift sometime in the past 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
somebody had a lot of tooth brush scrubbing on that tank to get it that clean.
That's the truth! I figure they had to have sandblasted it.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #72
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 10 - Backlot Bound!

We walked around the corner from Frisco and tried the Singing in the Rain umbrella. Bean had really been looking forward to trying it since she had been to light to trigger it when we were there in 08. Unfortunately they had the water turned off so the pressure plate didnt do anything. I imagine it was due to all of the LED lights adjacent to it on the building as part of the Osborne Lights. She was not amused.

We decided as a group to skip LMASS, having done the Indy stunt show was enough for one day. We continued on towards the Backlot Tour and took a quick stop for my second my how shes grown pic. This time under the ACME ton of bricks:

Both pics are cute, but her expression on when she was smaller wins out I think. I noticed that they had moved the ton o bricks more to the right. I wonder why?

We headed past the fountain and the giant Coke display to the entrance of the Backlot tour. We were in the line closest to the USS Arizona model so I snapped some obligatory pics.

I had never been this close to it so I hadnt noticed they had a broken piece of the model sitting below the main model

The other half

A good head-on view of the same

We went around the corner and settled in to watch the Harbor Attack sequence. I decided to concentrate on the big splash and the shots/explosions. Looks like somebodys gonna get wet!

Bucket #1 release

I wonder whats going through his head right here

Ohhh, thats right  WATER!

Just as the water starts to die down&

&the second bucket starts to hit

Cool and refreshing I hope!

There he is!

One last little splash

It must be safe; the MC of the show has stood back up

When we come back well get machine guns, torpedoes, and fiery explosions!

Day 2 Part 11 - The Harbor Attack Continues!

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 01-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #73
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 11 - The Harbor Attack Continues!

The PT boat crew goes about their business until machine guns streak across towards them

Here comes a torpedo!

Great reactions from the crew :-D

Now Im particularly proud of this shot

I caught one of the explosions just as the air cannon fired &heres a close-up

And away it went!

And the second torpedo hit on the PT boat

At this point there is water literally raining down over the whole set

And now we see the fuel drum start to spark off

I like the mix of fire, watery explosions, and the mist on the water in this one

We watched the finished film and then moved on to the warehouse. Before we went in we took time for a pit stop. Those bathrooms located outside the warehouse are a good one for those traveling with small kids so they dont have to go in Catastrophe Canyon ;-]

Inside I took some random shots

Coming up we disembark on our tour!

Day 2 Part 12 - Rollin' on the Backlot

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 01-06-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #74
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Not sure if just my computer, but I do not see any pics this last update

Anyone else see them?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #75
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure if just my computer, but I do not see any pics this last update

Anyone else see them?

No, not your computer. The computer I have for hosting pictures appears to be down I'll give it a kick in the morning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: