Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #61
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

So glad that you got to see BatB! It really is a great show. It's Maddie's favorite. I could do without seeing it every trip, but that's probably because we watch the movie so often
Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #62
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Awww....Beauty and the Beast! It's been so long since we've done that show. Seems like it never fits into our plans anymore. I really love it though. Of course, it helps that it's one of my favorite movies. Glad Keith sat through it for you. Love the pictures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #63
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #64
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Not to sound like a broken record but..............wow! Was I behind!! Hope your holidays were wonderful! Back to work a couple of days now and I'm having trouble adjusting to the real world again.

So glad you finally saw BATB. It's one of our favorites and with four girls, we see it every time. What a nice guy Keith is to sit through it for you.

Speaking of a 45 minute FP line, I've read several threads on the Boards lately about people being disgruntled with the FP and SB line integration. Will be interesting to see how it goes in a couple of weeks.
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #65
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
So glad that you got to see BatB! It really is a great show. It's Maddie's favorite. I could do without seeing it every trip, but that's probably because we watch the movie so often
I loved that show!! It was so good! I think I sat there grinning the whole time...I probably looked pretty goofy but I didn't care!! It is just like the movie so I could see not doing it every trip. The Little Mermaid is next on my list to trick Keith into!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Awww....Beauty and the Beast! It's been so long since we've done that show. Seems like it never fits into our plans anymore. I really love it though. Of course, it helps that it's one of my favorite movies. Glad Keith sat through it for you. Love the pictures!
Thank you! It was a really good show and I thought Keith was very strong suffering as he did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thank you aand I hope you guys had a good New Years too! I love that Mickey...way too cute!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Not to sound like a broken record but..............wow! Was I behind!! Hope your holidays were wonderful! Back to work a couple of days now and I'm having trouble adjusting to the real world again.

So glad you finally saw BATB. It's one of our favorites and with four girls, we see it every time. What a nice guy Keith is to sit through it for you.

Speaking of a 45 minute FP line, I've read several threads on the Boards lately about people being disgruntled with the FP and SB line integration. Will be interesting to see how it goes in a couple of weeks.
I feel like a broken record too about not keeping up on the TRs I am reading and I am so far behind on updating the two I have going!

Keith was a doll for sitting it out!! I have heard lots of comments, mostly skeptical, on the FP changes coming. It should be interesting how they all develop!!

I am so sorry for how slow I am on my TRs!! I just updated "Stop and Smell the Roses" (which is very close to the end!) and I "plan" to try and update this one tomorrow. I just can't seem to find time in my real life to do Disney stuff!! And lately, Disney would be very good to be doing!! But I am hoping with the holidays behind me I can get serious again!! I am tired of making excuses!!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #66
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Tinks...you gonna make it to the Hub City Saturday for the DIS meet up?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #67
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post

Tinks...you gonna make it to the Hub City Saturday for the DIS meet up?
No...can't make it due to a make-up soccer game Madison has. I am hoping that this will result in future meets! I want to hear about it though!!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #68
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

More Adventures in Hollywood Studios!!!

We left Beauty and the Beast and began to head towards one of Keith's favorite shows (as a matter of fact I purchased the movie for him as a Christmas gift and we have watched it many times with him commenting on feeling like he is at DHS!! )

We get close to Echo Lake and see that there is another Streetmosphere act going on. We stop because we have fallen into adoration for these entertainers!! This one included Lenny whom we were introduced to in July. Keith really likes this character.

In this skit he is being tutored on how to read by an absolutely adorable little girl. She did a great job teaching him!!

And then the other guy eats a "snack". The snack is really something like MEOW mix and he begins purring and other cat related activities. The "snack" also resulted in a hairball that he "coughs" up into the bucket. Then the soaking wet hairball is slung to and fro dousing the spectators with its wetness...GROSS!!!!

It is then time to move along because our show is about to begin!! We stop and grab Keith a Mickey Ice Cream bar and me a pineapple popsicle. This has become our “thing” while watching Indiana Jones!! We really like this show.

Others complain about it being dated but we don’t grow tired of it. At least not yet!

We were on the far left and very close to the front. This is a completely different view than we are used to. At times we felt as though we were in the action! Very cool!!

A few pictures to allow you to pretend you are there!!!

Continued in the following post....
Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #69
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post!

With the show over, it is now time to head back to ToT and use our Fast Passes!! Along the way we stop momentarily for…you GOT IT!!!...another Streetmosphere act.

This was actually one we had seen earlier but at the beginning where we had previously missed.

Moving on down the street....

We arrive at ToT with 15 minutes to spare so we find a bench and call the kids to check in. Madison was with her best friends doing her English term paper and Chris was working. We were, uhm….waiting to ride one of our family’s favorite ride. I DID NOT rub this in by taking a phone picture and sending it to them!! NEVER!!!

I also took a shot of two of the hotel….

Finally it is OUR turn!!! We basically walk on and soon we are on our elevator!

Our redneck picture—we were yawning….so boring:

Well, that was a blast!!! Love that ride! I can’t say that enough!!

Up next...it is time to use our TSMM FastPasses!!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #70
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I love love love the Streetmosphere at Hollywood Studios! Hunter has been chosen to participate before and it's one of his favorite memories. As a matter of fact, I was just looking at the pictures this morning.

Oh no you just didn't! You sent the kids your picture in the Tower of Terror line? Bad Bad Mama!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #71
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I love love love the Streetmosphere at Hollywood Studios! Hunter has been chosen to participate before and it's one of his favorite memories. As a matter of fact, I was just looking at the pictures this morning.

Oh no you just didn't! You sent the kids your picture in the Tower of Terror line? Bad Bad Mama!
Streetmosphere has become one of our favorite things and especially Keith's! You will see this theme often as I go along! But I love them too and being pulled into the action is SO much fun!!

I did too!! I am terrible, aren't I?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #72
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like y'all really were having a nice day! Y'all were getting a lot in and still were able to take in the sights and such.

Love that you sent the kids a picture of you by ToT! I would so do that too!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #73
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like y'all really were having a nice day! Y'all were getting a lot in and still were able to take in the sights and such.

Love that you sent the kids a picture of you by ToT! I would so do that too!
It was a great, relaxing day. There is something to be said for having no agenda. I think if I would have been going crazy though if I had not been as often, feeling like I was missing out on things.

I am happy to know I am not the only "mean" mama out there!!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #74
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
We arrive at ToT with 15 minutes to spare so we find a bench and call the kids to check in. Madison was with her best friends doing her English term paper and Chris was working. We were, uhm….waiting to ride one of our family’s favorite ride. I DID NOT rub this in by taking a phone picture and sending it to them!! NEVER!!!
Oh yes!...I would...and have...sent the kids pics while we were at WDW and while we were at Aulani!!! Hey kids...you shouldn't have gotten married and moved off! :P

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #75
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Oh yes!...I would...and have...sent the kids pics while we were at WDW and while we were at Aulani!!! Hey kids...you shouldn't have gotten married and moved off! :P
I love it!! We are "evil" aren't we!?....Nah!!

Sorry I missed out yesterday! Sounds like it went well and maybe another one could be in the works! On the plus, at least Madison's team won both games 5-0 and 7-0!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: