Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #466
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Mark is soooo funny!!! I'm glad he gets into the spirit. Chris does too, and it makes the trips that much more fun!!!!

As for your last reply, no, I'm not paying for all 30, just 14. Getting 2 two bedroom units at the BCV, others are coming too, just getting their own rooms, or they are local.

Love the photopass pics, and the drink! That looked real good!!
Christie, Marki is just like your Chris...they made our trips great, don't they?

Thankfully you are NOT paying for all those people.

I'm glad you liked the pictures; the drink was out of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That sleigh ride sounds fantastic. I could go for one of those right now. Great marketing!

Awesome PP of everyone. I love how you got all those closeups. Very cool. So the PP person did that for you? Gotta love someone who takes that extra time.

Fun update!
MEK, I actually had the Snowball, but they all sounded so good.

The closeups were a total surprise and very welcome. They were on the photopass card when I downloaded them; he never actually "took" an individual picture that we know of. He was really great; actually, they all were as we would do 2, 2, 2 and then all six of us most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Hi i'm just joining you now,but ui'm caught up to speed and loving it.
-awe i always read about people making really good friends on the boards and it makes me wish I wasn't so shy at first(which is kinda funny once ppl know me,i'm not shy at all)
-OMg that video is sooooo cute your hubbys super excited I love that!Disney magic at it's finest!!
-that tree in the Dolphin is stunning wow!
-ahhhh the Beach club *swoon*
-mmm karamel kuche,next time i suggest the chocolate n caramel covered pineapple it's my fave
-can't wait to read more
thanks for joining my TR.

Meeting Nicki here on the DIS was THE best thing that every happened to us.

I'm gladyou enjoyed the video; I was so glad the surprise went off perfectly.

Yes, the tree at the dolphin was lovely; I'm staying at The Beach Club in June for the first time and cannot wait.

I will tell my husband about the choclate n caramel covered pineapple...he would probably enjoy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love the photopass pics in front of DHS! I wanted take our picture there, but we never had any time, and I didn't get the CD, so it would have been pointless anyway!

No point in stopping for pp pictures if you aren't getting the CD.

Yay, glad Starring Roles gave Nicki her cupcake even if they were closed! I really don't understand why that place closes so early!

I'm not sure why it closes so early either.

Again, more awesome PP pics in front of Tower of Terror, I love when they have you look scared, those are always some of the best pictures!

They had me do the "scared" look when I went with Mary and the girls in January and was glad they did it again.

Yum, that Snowball looks so good! I wanted one of the Christmasy drinks, but every time I remembered they had them, it was too late, and they were closed! Next year!
Next time you should have two to make up for missing them this year. They are very, very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Loved the updates! And the photopass pix were truly wonderful! I love it when you get a good, "go above and beyond" photographer.
So nice that you have a good relationship with your son's girlfriend. I my in-laws. I don't know where we would be without the support and love they have provided to us throughout our lives.
When you get a "go above and beyond" pp photographer, you know he/she is really enjoying their job and making memories.

Des is a good girl and fun to be around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Love the pics. Love the frames from 2012.
Love the cupcake and again another story of why I will always love WDW and it's friendliness above DLP and the rudeness there forever!

Luv the Christmas Dumbo as well. I need one lol
Thanks on all. Yes, the friendliness of the CM's this trip was topnotch.

Isn't that Dumbo adorable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Oooohhh I really like that snowball. I think that sleigh ride is a LI ice tea with cranberry? Oh I bet that would be some sleigh ride
I'm not an iced tea fan, but I'd be willing to try the sleigh ride once. But I think I've found my cocktail for the future in that Snowball.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #467
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Off to lunch with the girls from work and then will come back and finish replies and do an update, I hope.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #468
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I completely agree...the nicest CM's at Starring Rolls...how could they turn away my pouty face and teary eyes? Can you imagine if they didnt give one to me? You and I would have been high tailing it back there before I left WDW thats for sure!

That cupcake was amazing, it was soooo gingerbread-y and spicy and creamy frosting...OH MY GAWSH!
All I can say is that I would hate to have been in their shoes if they had NOT opened up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
That was wild huh? It happens more than you would think..the first time someone came up to us and asked if we were MickeyNicki and Todd the hubby was shocked! I think Mark was surprised too! Well if I had to be famous for my husbands eating habits so be it

Mark was flabbergasted; I don't think he really had a clue to how much the DIS means to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love all the PP pictures! They're great!

And it looks like y'all were having lots of fun at DHS! That drink looks delicious! I really hope our December trip comes to fruition so I can give that concoction a try!
Thanks, Amanda.

We had a blast. That drink was out of this world and is already on the list for next December (yes, we are going back finances permitting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a fun update! I want one of those ciders next year, YUM!

Not that the snowball doesn't sound good but that cider sounds delish.

Love Mark's little gift from you. Adorable. More great photopass pics!!!
Cynthia, I think I'll try one of the other drinks, and then have a Snowball too.

He is my Dumbo loving man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Seems like that is what most people are saying. I have heard several say they would really like the old queue back.
It just didn't wow me like I thought it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love the tattoo! Very cute!

And the cupcake looks delicious!
Thanks; I love my Tigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
love the tat!!! how long did it stay on??? might need to get me a goofy one
Thank you. Let's see...I got it on Friday and it lasted until the following Friday...so just about a week (and I don't recall it being very expensive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wonderful photopass picture

I love the look of the snowball, it looks and sounds delicious and wow does that cupcake look yummy

You are all clearly having a top day!
Thanks, Linda. It was a "top" day...we had so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Fun update! You all find ways to make the small moments count -love it!
Cute tatt! I love the popcorn pic of Mark - his shirt says, "Mine!" right between the popcorn and soda!
Tammie, I've learned with the passing of my Dad and now with Mark's mom, that we just have to make the most of every moment we are given on this planet.

Leave it to Mark to have his shirt and food placed so perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Now that is what I call a cool tattoo!

Nicki, I love that photo of you with your cupcake. One can see HOW happy you are.
Thanks; I enjoyed having my temporary tattoo. Nicki was as happy as a child in a candy store.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #469
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Nicki's cupcake looks so cute and how nice that they got it for her specially? Gingerbread and cream cheese frosting... Oh my doesn't get much better than that...

What a super PP Photographers you had in front of the tree at the Studios...I love how he took your group photo and then broke up into couples and closeups... nice job...

I loved those Mickey Head Red Rockettes too... Super cute...

Looks like you were have a great time at the Studios...
She was so happy with that cupcake, and it was so special of them to be sure she got it.

He never broke us up "individually" so he must have had something on the camera that he was able to do the closeups.

Those Mickey Head Red Rockettes were really cute...I really liked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hey, some of us dummies knew where it was, too.

I would never call you a dummy; Julie might, but I would never do it.

Why not both?

Well, it could have been both, I suppose? But I like to think she was leaning more to the "I get Kat alone".

Wow! Now that is major pixie dust. Just goes to show you that it never hurts to ask. And Disney CM's are still cool.

It really made a great day even better.

You got one with skulls and snakes and daggers and all that jazz, right?

Ummm....NO!!!!

There's a whole ad campaign that does this, you know.

Yes, I'm aware of that; the question remains whether or not Des is?

You're celebrities! I should have gotten your autograph when I had the chance!
I'll give you my autograph the next time you come to Chicago...well, if I'm still living here by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Well, don't I feel just sheepish? 

It's quite okay....I could have told you and that slipped my mind so we'll call it even.

Obviously I need to be payin better attention.

You are on so many TR's, I don't know how you keep up.

I could go for a Grand Mariner slush right about now.

You are most certainly correct.
But with tuition bills on the rapidly approaching horizon&
That may not be happening for a while.

Yes, those nasty tuition bills. I wonder if I'll still be alive when we pay off the loans for TWO boys in college?

Smart? Thats debatable, but we do know our Disney Park themed Christmas trees.

I would say you are probably the smartest of the bunch.

One of my favs&
The Mrs. Is not as keen on it but only because of the 0-60 launch. The rest of it she likes, but the dragster start makes her jumpy.

I'm with your wife...I hate that launch. Well, let's be honest, I just hate the whole ride at my age.

This story is why Disney is unlike any place else on Earth.
This would not have happened anywhere else.
Just simply wouldnt have happened.

ABSOLUTELY!

I take it were discussing body art of the temporary persuasion here.

Yes...it was one week temporary. I leave the life lasting ones to my youngest son (he has four).

Nice choice.
Id have been getting some of the cider myself, but the Snowball looks pretty good.

I'm not a big cider person but I'm thinking next time I'll have to go to the Studios twice so I can have one early, then a different one later and then repeat the next visit.

Snowball Mustache&

So, did the Milk advertisers demand that you pay them royalties for that one?

I've been waiting for the call from the advertisers.

Whoops!
This little Disney TR has just picked up an unprecedented PG-13 ratting.

Ssssh....don't tell anyone.

Given the popularity of your TRs&
Id say that youre likely the only one here that is really surprised by this event.

I think you guys are all buttering me up for something.

A good first part of the day at HS.
Looking forward to the next part of the day& errrrr& I mean evening.
Evening update coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
you know they sell temp tatoos in alot of the stores you could have a new one each week.
I did not know that, Dan; thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Your photopass pics came out great! I just ordered our cd the other day. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I loved the borders this year!
I wish I got that Snowball! Looks and sounds amazing!!
I thought the borders were terrific (but then I had never seen the Christmas ones before).

The Snowball was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great photopass pictures! and how amazing of those CMs! I say it all the time, but that's what really sets Disney apart from anywhere else. Those CMs that go above and beyond really make the experience!
I agree...Disney is set apart by the specialness of the majority of their cast members. They were ALL terrific this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You really got a lot of GREAT photopass pics on this trip!
Thanks, Glenn. And we have lots more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniesMom View Post
The question that begs to be asked here is: Why Starring Rolls always seem to close so early? Yay for the pixie dust and Nicki's mission accomplished. Gingerbread, yum! And who can pass up free cookies? The magic is alive and well
I wish I knew why...I'd certainly like a late afternoon snack from there.

Yes, the magic was definitely alive and well this trip.

Last edited by KatMark; 01-04-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #470
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Love the update! So glad Nikkie got her cupcake. Your tatoo is so cute. I just love the Christmas Dumbo that Mark is holding. I missed seeing those holiday drinks when we were at DHS.
I was happy Nicki got her cupcake...I was afraid of what might happen if she didn't.

Mark's Dumbo had a place of honor at home during the holidays...it slept with the dog.

Oh, you must find the holiday drinks next time...so very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I should just not even post that I read your update because when I do, you post another update.

How nice of the CM to let Nicki buy the cupcake... and free cookies too?

You and Nicki are DISelbrities!!!!

Nice tattoo... when you getting the real thing?
Hey, Tim; guess what's happening after I finish these responses? Yep...an update.

#1 CM of the trip.

I like that IDSelbrities. Very good.

I will NEVER get a real tattoo...as I mentioned above, we will leave those things to Markie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Seriously... I want to go to Disney at Christmas time solely for one of these... OMG...

Loved Marks gift - so cute! (still love that shirt)

And the group photo is adorable.

D~
D, between the Osborne lights and that Snowball, it was worth the trip.

I was very happy with 99% of our group photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I love that des let you take that cream mustache picture!!! Sorry I've been mia Kathy, a dear Dis friend..jungle cruiser passed away my heart hasn't been in it..but I'm back, slowly catching up
I'm so sorry to hear about your DIS friend; we lost one too and I think of her every day.

We are glad to have you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love all of your photopass pictures!! The "scared" one from ToT is so funny

That snowball drink that you got looks delicious! And what a cute little Dumbo for Mark!

We did the same thing as you - got in line nice and early to see Santa Goofy. It was a good choice, we were glad that we did it.
Usually I'm the one who blunders when they say to do something on a photopass photo, but this time it was Todd's turn.

Mark was very, very happy with his Dumbo...until the dog ended up sleeping with it.

I'm so glad we did do the line for Santa Goofy too...it got ridiculously long later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Phew...all caught up I just love that window decoration with all the Mickey ornaments lined up like the Rockettes! So cute!
I thought the window decorations at all the parks were very well done, but really loved the Rockettes.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #471
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 2, Part 4

I don't know how far I'll get with this update as I have lots of pictures to share, but I'll at least get it rolling.

We had just finished our spectacular Snowball drinks and were waiting in line to see Santa Goofy after the Osborne Lights began and being recognized from the DIS.

So we waited while the kids walked around and the lovely people behind us had no issue with Andy and Des jumping in line to catch up with us (we did ask...we did not just assume).

Someone was getting very excited waiting in line:

And then it was time:

We continued to look at the lights nearest to us as they went through the first round of the music. Then, before we knew it, it was our turn to see Santa Goofy:

After finishing with Santa Goofy, we continued walking the Streets to see more lights and to hear the music played over and over. Actually, I don't think we were walking, I think we were doing a mixture of dancing, gliding and jiving.

Continued in next post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #472
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 2, Part 4 (Continued)

How about some more Osborne lights? No, well too bad...it's my TR and I loved them and I'm going to share them.

Andy and Des played with her camera/Instagram:

After walking for two hours looking at the lights, listening and dancing to the music, it was time to say goodbye to the Studios.

We walked to the exit bursting with joy at our experience and sharing it together, and headed to the boat dock:

We patiently waited, well...maybe not quite so patiently...we were beat and starving...for our boat to take us to the Beach Club dock as we were celebrating Mark's 60th birthday with a very special dinner here:

We are walking to the Yacht Club and arrive:

We were having dinner here:

And although Nicki is in charge of the dining reviews, I had to post a photo of what was left of my meal -- it was OUT OF THIS WORLD!

It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. I am so glad we decided to go at Christmas time because there is nothing to compare with the decorations at Disney at Christmas. Add in the lights and you have magic.

Unfortunately, we got back to the Coronado and the same group was creating the same mischief and we again had to walk to the main building (we ended up meeting the kids there who had stopped in the gift shop).

The tree at the Coronado:

Mischief reported, we headed back to our room and bed. We had an early ADR the next morning for breakfast. The question would be: do the two youngsters of the group make it to breakfast with us?

Until next time, have a wonderful weekend.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #473
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I really like the first group shot with Santa goofy such a nice pic and no amount of osborne light pics are ever enough so no worries :D
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #474
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I love all of the Osborne Lights pics!

Sorry the POP Warner group was being a pain once again. POP Century had some of their overflow, but thankfully I never heard or even saw them outside of walking by them in the morning waiting for their bus to ESPN's WWoS.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #475
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Never too many Osborne light pictures! I felt like dancing just looking at them, they actually gave me chills for our next years trip. Which I can book in...25 days! Not that I'm counting.

Love love the Santa Goofy Pictures.

I have always wanted to try Yachtsman. Now I really really want to try it!

What a bummer that you had to go report on the Pop Warner kids AGAIN, not what you want after a long and magical day.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #476
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Love the light pics and yc pics. Looks like fun with Santa Goofy. Somehow we missed him too.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #477
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

I love all your photos of the Osbourne lights. They make me excityed about our trip next Dec. I am a bit worried about the PW crowds though. But glad to see you all wore shorts and tese so it must be warm even at night. We usually go end of Jan and need sweatshirts at night. Great report so far
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #478
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm not a big drinker; I tend to drink on vacation, occassionaly when we go out with friends for dinner and when we have my family for the holidays (and trust me...I need the drink then!), but this Snowball was awesome.
I definitely drink more on vacation thatn I do at home. Such a treat to relax and have a drink and not have to worry about driving or anything else for that metter.

Quote:
This was my first "unexpected" Dis meet.

Thanks for the birthday wishes; it was a perfect weekend celebrating with Mark and Alisha.

It was so weird being recognized (I've always arranged my DIS meets).
See some surprises can be fun.

Quote:
I'm not an iced tea fan, but I'd be willing to try the sleigh ride once. But I think I've found my cocktail for the future in that Snowball.
Long Island Iced teas are just way too much alcohol. 4 clear liquors and then a tiny splash of coke for color. Too many in college turned me off to them.

I need to go back and coy the ingredients of the snowball.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #479
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

You guys got such great photopass pics! Love the Santa Goofy photos.

I love the Osbourne Lights pics. I've never seen them so I have to live vicariously through TRs like yours.

I read the Yachtsman review in Nicki's report. Sounds fantastic. I've decided not to read ahead on her report though-don't want it to spoil the story you're telling.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #480
MEK
DIS Veteran

I never tire of the Osbourne lights! Lovely pictures and how cool that you got to pose with characters, too.

I am glad to hear dinner was terrific. Yachtsman is on my list and actually may the location of choice for Denny's milestone birthday dinner as well.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: