Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #241
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
My photobucket changed too. GREAT.

Happy New Year Jen!
You should be able to switch it back now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
This is completely fantastic! I'm guessing you bought regular Vadar masks and then spray painted them to match? Cause that is awesome!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #242
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Still touring the room, I moved on to the bathroom area.

And back to the main part of the room.

I canít remember if I have mentioned this yet or not, but our room is obviously a studio. I was using a friends points to stay here for one night.

Here you can see the box that was sent to me with a fellow Disers fish extender gifts.

Opening up the cabinet to see whatís inside.

It was now around 3:15ish. We needed to get ready for the Halloween party. I had wanted to arrive right at 4, but it was looking like that plan was not going to be followed. We had to sort out a few things, repack 2 backpacks and get ourselves situated.

A little before 4 we were ready to head out towards the bus stop.

Of course I took a few pictures on the way.

I just had to get a shot (or two) of Claire on the bridge.

I looked for the mailbox as I had a few postcards to mail out from ďMickeyĒ to a few friends.

A walk through the lobby.

And then out to the bus stop. If I remember right, we did not wait too long at all and a bus arrived. Yay! We were so excited to be going to our first ever Halloween party at Disney!

I caught myself in the mirror.

And the time. We werenít ďtooĒ far behind schedule.

I texted my Dis friend Carey to let her know we were running a bit behind. We had wanted to meet up kind of right away, and I sure didnít want her waiting at the front for me. Good news, sheís a slacker too! They were running behind as well, so we should be arriving very close to the same time.

Our first sights of the Holiday dťcor.

Now it was a bit of a madhouse getting in. Lots of people coming and going. I had to go through bag check and so did Claire as we had to backpacks. Then I asked where to go in at, but was directed in the wrong direction, gave my party ticket and then they realized I needed to go to the far end to enter with that. Ok, I was trying to be patient, but we were just so excited.

We got in finally, and we did the boring thing Ö.stopped to get a locker. I knew this was driving Claire a bit mad, as it was doing the same for me, but there was no way I was carrying these 2 bags all day. We got our locker, put 1 bag in and emptied the other as much as possible so I only had to carry the minimal stuff and we were on our way to a PARTY!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #243
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Going in during this time of year, you just canít help but gasp at the decorations.

There was a photopass set up right at the front and I wanted to do it, but Claire said no way was she waiting in that line. Darn it.
This was the best I got from her.

But I did make her follow me around to take pictures of all the cute scarecrows.

Those were so cute. I tried again to get her to do the photopass op right there, but nope she wasnít going to.

Carey and I were in contact and they had just gotten off the bus. Claire and I slowly made our way up main street as we waited for them.

I love all the pumpkins.

And we stopped for a photopass picture since there wasnít a line.

He took one with my camera too. It was really dark, so I tried to lighten it.

And then some of my Princess.

Our first magic shot.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #244
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have resized the photopass pictures on photobucket. But WOW they are still posting HUGE! Let me know if they are showing normal for you or not.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #245
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Your photos are showing up just fine. Thanks for sharing! I also enjoyed your AKL photos. Great view from your room!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #246
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I just love the Fall decorations! You weren't too late to the party, glad you ended up getting a few good PP pics of you and Claire

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #247
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Love all the photos of the AKL and the MK, Jen. I just cannot believe how much Claire has grown. And that dress she is wearing is too cute!

Can't wait for more!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #248
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love Claire's dress. The Halloween decorations look a lot nicer than they did when I went during that time of the year in 2009 and 2010. I was a little disappointed. I then went to Disneyland during the Halloween season in 2011 and was absolutely blown away by it all, but this is nearly as nice.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #249
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
Your photos are showing up just fine. Thanks for sharing! I also enjoyed your AKL photos. Great view from your room!
I guess it took a bit, but they are now showing right for me too. Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I just love the Fall decorations! You weren't too late to the party, glad you ended up getting a few good PP pics of you and Claire
I do too. It was exciting to see them after seeing pictures each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love all the photos of the AKL and the MK, Jen. I just cannot believe how much Claire has grown. And that dress she is wearing is too cute!

Can't wait for more!
She is growing like a weed. That outfit was loaned to us by Janet (Mom2RTK). We really enjoyed wearing the outfits she loaned us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love Claire's dress. The Halloween decorations look a lot nicer than they did when I went during that time of the year in 2009 and 2010. I was a little disappointed. I then went to Disneyland during the Halloween season in 2011 and was absolutely blown away by it all, but this is nearly as nice.

Corinna
They were nice, but I have to say, once you got past main street and the hub, there wasn't so many out, which was disappointing. I have seen picture for m DLParis, and WOW, that place goes all out.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #250
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are great! I never considered a studio at AKL, but after seeing your pictures I just might do that some time. DH loves AKL.

I love Claire's outfit for Halloween.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #251
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Your pictures are great! I never considered a studio at AKL, but after seeing your pictures I just might do that some time. DH loves AKL.

I love Claire's outfit for Halloween.
Thanks! It was nice. We enjoyed the room, just wish we had it for longer.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #252
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your room is gorgeous and your shots of the lobby are awesome!

I love Claire's dress. It really works with all the Halloween borders. However, I think that lady in the striped dress photobombed one of your pictures with her back side.

You did a great job getting to the party nice and early.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #253
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your room is gorgeous and your shots of the lobby are awesome!

I love Claire's dress. It really works with all the Halloween borders. However, I think that lady in the striped dress photobombed one of your pictures with her back side.

You did a great job getting to the party nice and early.
Thanks.
We really enjoyed that halloween themed outfit. Claire was loving all her custom clothes.

I think I got a lot of photobombs in those pictures.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #254
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love Disney at the holidays. So wish I could have gotten there for Halloween. Maybe if I didn't underestimate my PTO to the extreme I could have. I thought I used all my time off.......i ended up rolling over 4 days. Some accountant I am can't even figure out my vacation time lol.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #255
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

I think I've read most if not all of your TR, and I can really is a difference in Claire, is looks so mature and grown up in those photopass pics! And I love the dress, so sweet.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: