Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

I love, love, love JetBlue! They are my favorite airline by far.

That lady in DTD creeped me out! I saw her take a picture with someone and she put them in what looked like a chokehold and wouldn't let them walk away!!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
joining in
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Joining in!!

Glad you experienced a good travel day. We had a later flight too, and wasn't it so wonderful? We didn't wait in line for anything either! Definitely different from leaving first thing in the morning with everyone else!

Love the Phineas & Ferb pics, especially the one petting Perry! I hope it is still there next time, I'd love to do it with DS.

Looking forward to more!
It was pretty sweet! I thought we just got lucky, but I guess it was the time of day! The P&F Experience was fun! Quick, before you knew it they were taking the pic...but still fun and really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaas View Post
Hi there! So glad to see you started your trip report. I was hoping to see how it went with all the plans. I love Jetblue for our non stop flights as well. Loving the pictures so far. Ya'll look like you had a blast and hooray for the talking Ferb.
Thanks for joining the fun! We had a great time and can't wait to go back....only 9 months to go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Im in! I cant wait to read about your experiences since we were there at the same time. I really need to start my TR as well.....
Do get one one started!!! Post your link when you do so I can read along and see how things went for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
You're here!!! So glad you got this started...I was one of the "off chance" folks still stalking your PTR....

Now to go back and catch up with what I have missed on here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I am back with comments:

This is yet again making me miss Disney...that Disney funk just creeps up and grabs hold of you doesn't it??? Just reading the TR's you put yourself there in your mind while you follow along on other's adventures....and it just isn't the same.

So glad no bed bugs this time!

Can't wait to see how your dinner at RR was...
Haha!! I'm so glad you were there to see the link I posted! I didn't think anyone was left! I am back to my old self and can't wait to write this report! Then I can start on a new PTR!! What we do to get through the blues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I'm here!

I love, love, love JetBlue! They are my favorite airline by far.

That lady in DTD creeped me out! I saw her take a picture with someone and she put them in what looked like a chokehold and wouldn't let them walk away!!
Thanks for jumping in!! It was a great flight! Can't wait to fly with them again, we got a credit that we can use for our next Disney trip! That lady was fun to watch, I expected her to do something while she was getting her pic taken, but I think she knew not to touch a kid...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I grew up in the Town (went to Hoover and Ken West, DH went to St Andrews/Ohara) but currently reside in the City (at least for a few more weeks until we move to Amherst!).

Okay, this is creepy! My brother and I went to St. Andrew's and he went to Ken West! It's hard to tell, but you guys look at least 5 years younger than us...I graduated from St Andrew's in '86 and my brother in '90, then he graduated from Ken West in '94. I wonder if he knows any of the same people as you guys. I went to Ken East, so different people for sure. What a small world!!

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #18
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

So now we are at DTD, we've done the Phineas and Ferb experience and we are getting hungry...I mean HUNGRY!!

I forgot to mention that on the way around DTD we stopped by Guest Relations. We had to pick up our YES program park tickets, and our MNSSHP tickets! This took all of 5 minutes and we were on our way!

We had reservations for Raglan Rd tonight! One of our all time faves at WDW and our arrival night tradition. We have been doing this since our first trip in Sep 2008 with my Cousin and her family, and we have been able to do this each year...except last year in Jan....by the time we got moved to our new room we were late, tired and frustrated. So we ate in.

Moving on...we had plenty of time to get to our 6:45 ADR and we were a little early. We checked in and got seated right away. We were led into the main dining room and got a table right at the stage. We were so excited, until we realized that the band and dancers didn't start until MUCH later. Like when we would be climbing into bed!

But, we got lucky and they had one dancer doing a little dance to pre-recorded music on the stage in the middle of the room. We ordered and she got up and danced right behind us!

I am of Irish descent and I love this music...so do my girls!! It was a fun way to pass the time!

On to the food....Ferb got the citrus glazed salmon, which he LOVED!! I got the steak...almost the best on property usually, this time, not as good, but still delish. And the girls ate burgers, one off the adult menu and one off the kids. Lots of food, too much food...is there such a thing? The thing we love here is the bread service...come with a guiness reduction...delish!!

Then all of a sudden the dancer got up on the stage right in front of us and did a longer dance there! It was awesome!! This pic is blurry, but you can see how close we were!

Then she got down from the stage and we made eye contact and got a chance to say how much we enjoyed the dance...our camera flashes probably gave that away! So she offered to take a pic with the girls!
I apologize for the red eye, couldn't get photobucket to remove it!

After dinner we wandered around the shop there for a bit, but we realized we were pooped and headed back to WBC...we were in bed by 8 and 9 kids and parents respectfully. Had to get up early the next day....gotta get there for ROPE DROP!!! Where to? You'll have to wait and see!!

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

What a great night at RR! When we were there in March we were seated in the back room (music room) with a pole between us and the stage. Then we realized that only the band was playing...no dancers. We were delighted when two dancers came with a "barn door" (portable dance floor) and a Karaoke machine right to our table (literally only a foot from us). We felt like we were getting our own little show. It was a great surprise!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #20
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

What a great experience at Raglan Rd! But what about the bread pudding dessert?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a great night at RR! When we were there in March we were seated in the back room (music room) with a pole between us and the stage. Then we realized that only the band was playing...no dancers. We were delighted when two dancers came with a "barn door" (portable dance floor) and a Karaoke machine right to our table (literally only a foot from us). We felt like we were getting our own little show. It was a great surprise!
It's funny, because we saw her head away from us with a speaker, she must have been making the rounds! That's really cool getting a private show like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
What a great experience at Raglan Rd! But what about the bread pudding dessert?
We didn't order dessert this time, we were stuffed. And staying off site we weren't on the dining plan either, so all of our meals were OOP. I have had that dessert before, though....YUM-MY!!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
BMC423
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!

Yay for JB, I love them! We have never had a problem with them and we we only fly with them (unless of course they don't go where we are going). They are always on time, and often early! Glad you liked them, also the prices can't be beat!

I would have loved to see that lady's face when you told her about the civic!

Glad your room was clean and bug free this time around!

Yay for DTD and RR. I think going to DTD is the perfect way to start your trip, we do that too. RR is so good I had the salmon last time... delish!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #23
Ferb
Earning My Ears

I'm here! I'm trying the new iPhone app

Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #24
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Sounds like a great first night! How sweet that the dancer at Raglan Road came down to talk to your family. Great pic of her with the girls too! Seems like a fun place. We have never been, but may need to try it!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #25
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
I'm here!!!

Yay for JB, I love them! We have never had a problem with them and we we only fly with them (unless of course they don't go where we are going). They are always on time, and often early! Glad you liked them, also the prices can't be beat!

I would have loved to see that lady's face when you told her about the civic!

Glad your room was clean and bug free this time around!

Yay for DTD and RR. I think going to DTD is the perfect way to start your trip, we do that too. RR is so good I had the salmon last time... delish!

YaY!!! So glad to have you here, Bicki!!!

Even after that comment about the Civic, she still tried to get me to upgrade. I get that they have a job to do, but when I say No, I mean NO!!

Raglan Road was delish as always! I just love the vibe in there,too!

And you're right, YAY for no bed bugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferb View Post
I'm here! I'm trying the new iPhone app
'bout time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Sounds like a great first night! How sweet that the dancer at Raglan Road came down to talk to your family. Great pic of her with the girls too! Seems like a fun place. We have never been, but may need to try it!
She was cute, loved her little Irish accent, too! The girls really enjoyed watching her. I've tried to get them into Irish Dancing, you know, just to live vicariously through them! But, nope...they didn't like it. Oh well...

Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #26
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Day Two!!!
Okay, I left you hanging as to where we would be going today.....it's our first park day.....where would you go?

Magic Kingdom of course!!

We got up at 6 and headed out without eating...we stopped at a Hess station and grabbed something quick and nasty to eat on the way. Staying off site and driving ourselves gave us lots of freedom, but of course that meant we had to park at the TTC. We decided to take the ferry this morning....the weather was beautiful and the ferry was just getting ready to launch!

We aren't too excited!!

We noticed a lot of younger adults with wristbands on..these we found out were CM's there for the New Fantasyland preview...boy were we jealous!!

We arrived at the park by 8:15 and while we waited for the opening show a CM was running around and throwing Mickey confetti at unsuspecting guests! It was funny and Rapunzel enjoyed gathering as much as she could!

While we waited for the opening show we saw him do it to a few more people..someone really loves their job!

The park opened at 9 and we headed straight for Merida! Rapunzel just loves her, and everything about her and this movie! We were like the 4th family in line and got to talking with a really cute family with two little girls. They were really nice and they loved talking to Rapunzel and especially Stitch...little mother hen that girl is! The time for Merida passed and we started to wonder when she would get here. Then a CM came out with a booklet of handwritten F/P's and announced that Merida was running late. We decided to take the FP and head over into Fantasyland and see what we could done with the rest of the morning. We felt like we had wasted so much time there and the morning was slipping away.

Gotta give this a try every time!

We rode PPF with a 20 min posted wait...urgh...wasted time see? But it was okay...we were going to be in the park 3 times this week...plenty of time to see and do. I really love PPF! A classic feel good ride!

WtP was posted at 20 min and we didn't want to wait for that one...so we wandered over to the new Storybook area. This place is pretty cool...I am looking forward to seeing it once all the construction walls have come down. It seemed a little awkward walking back there with walls everywhere.

We checked out the new Dumbo queue and play area. I was very impressed. It's a little dark in there, but on a hot sunny day that would be a relief for parents!
The wait time was listed at 15 min but really there was no wait...we let the girls hang out in the play area and walk around and check stuff out. I didn't think they would enjoy it as much as they did! Rapunzel even made a friend while in there!

I would like to apologize for all of the wonky picture sizes. Photobucket has been a total pain in the buttinsky lately. I don't like the new format and I keep having to force it into the old one. Then because we were close to our capacity Ferb opened a new acct, well that has been a real pain as well. Trying to get all the pics in order from two different accts, while trying to edit the sizes and crop and such....and on top of it, photobucket hasn't been saving the newly edited pic. This little post has taken me an hour to write just because of the photo editing!!!! AAARRGGGHHH!!! I am not the most computer literate person either, which doesn't exactly help! Anyway, rant over, and again I apologize!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Love the confetti throwing CM!!! Allow me to hang my head in shame while admitting that I have never made RD for MK. I really would like to try to make it next time we go. We have been there for 8:00sm EMH's so surely we can make it for a 9:00am RD, right?

It looks like you had beautiful weather for MK. We have had all day rain the past two times we have gone.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #28
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the confetti throwing CM!!! Allow me to hang my head in shame while admitting that I have never made RD for MK. I really would like to try to make it next time we go. We have been there for 8:00sm EMH's so surely we can make it for a 9:00am RD, right?

It looks like you had beautiful weather for MK. We have had all day rain the past two times we have gone.
I love, love, love the opening ceremony here! It's really a shame that they have removed all of these special morning shows from every other park. I really hope this one stays!! And yes, if you can make it to EMH, you can do a 9 AM RD!

Too bad about all that rain...although, the few times we have had rain it's made for wonderful park touring! No waits at all!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #29
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Love the confetti throwing!! When my ginger boy was about 5 a very kind security guard saw my little guy picking up confetti off the ground and handed my son an envelope full of confetti. 8 years later, my son still has that confetti and the guard's kindness has not been forgotten.

And the opening ceremony is a must for our family. I've even been known to get teary-eyed!

Cannot wait to hear more about your trip!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #30
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
Love the confetti throwing!! When my ginger boy was about 5 a very kind security guard saw my little guy picking up confetti off the ground and handed my son an envelope full of confetti. 8 years later, my son still has that confetti and the guard's kindness has not been forgotten.

And the opening ceremony is a must for our family. I've even been known to get teary-eyed!

Cannot wait to hear more about your trip!
Oh yeah, tears every time! That's a great story about your son! It just goes to show how a little act of kindness will stay with you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: