Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #631
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Air Supply was great and agree I wished the show was longer.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #632
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post

I LOVE this picture! It's awesome!

Sounds like the concert was awesome. Hanson was there when I visited. They weren't high on my list!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #633
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Air Supply was great and agree I wished the show was longer.

They should make them an hour long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I LOVE this picture! It's awesome!

Sounds like the concert was awesome. Hanson was there when I visited. They weren't high on my list!
Thanks.
That would not have been high on my list either.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #634
scottny
You better have crackers

Update 55

After our hello’s we were seated at the very first table (the walk was too much, LOL) and we looked over the menu.

I am not quite sure what everyone had so I will post the pics.

I know Aubrey and I had the salmon.

I would say Vinny had the steak.

This was my dessert.

Vinny’s dessert.

I also had a long island iced tea.

After our dinner we went to DTD.

And the destination is.

Nobody wanted to go up with me. I still went though.

I liked the new pics on the balloon.

Soon I was up in the air. I took video of it. You will first see Illuminations and then you will see Wishes. I caught the ending of both. I will admit I stayed in one spot (I had Hong Kong going through my head) but it was still fun.

Here is the video of the ride. http://youtu.be/uNwFAhDVfS4

After my ride we went towards the Marketplace.

This was our main destination.

We had to get Aubrey a ticket. We wanted to get her the DVC PAP but we could not so we ended up getting her the Florida AP. I do hope she uses it.
After this we went back to the resort. We had an early morning coming up.

Up next,

Um no, I specifically asked for Wednesday…. 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #635
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Catching up. I think they should make all of the Eat to the Beat concerts longer. Boyz II Men was too short also. I am kind of glad I missed Hanson. My daughter LOVED!!!!!! them We drove to WDW when she was about 13. Picture 16 hours in a car listening to MMMBop over and over and over. Maybe that was why my son was sick to his stomach the whole ride down and back.

Dinner looked good although seafood is not high on my list. The steak I had there was the best I had all week. You spent a lot of time at DTD. Glad you finally got to go up in the balloon. I'm REALLY glad I didn't go up in the balloon.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #636
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

The balloon is scary, I could never go up in it. Dinner looks delicious I have to try that restaurant.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #637
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

ride looks fun at night and cool that yo ucould see the fireworks.

was that music piped in from the the balloon or from the marketplace and just traveled up?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #638
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Thanks for the great video. Looks really cool and a lot of fun especially at night with fireworks going off. Good for you for going up alone Scott!!!!

We love the Eat to the Beat Concerts - we hope this October we get to see new entertainers for our week.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #639
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Agreed that the concerts can be a bit too short!! I guess that's why they have 3 shows per day though!

The balloon...I think I'd stay on the ground, but that does sound like fun!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #640
pas130
DIS Veteran

Happy New year Scott!!! I'm all caught up!!! Love air supply! We caught night ranger last year, they weren't bad at all

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #641
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

I'm still not sure I can stomach the balloon. Neat that you saw the fireworks though! I was looking at the video and thinking it must have been a really clear sky-I could see the stars in the sky. Then I realized it was just dust on my screen.

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #642
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm so glad the balloon is back. I Wii kd love to ride it again at night.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #643
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Catching up. I think they should make all of the Eat to the Beat concerts longer. Boyz II Men was too short also. I am kind of glad I missed Hanson. My daughter LOVED!!!!!! them We drove to WDW when she was about 13. Picture 16 hours in a car listening to MMMBop over and over and over. Maybe that was why my son was sick to his stomach the whole ride down and back.

Dinner looked good although seafood is not high on my list. The steak I had there was the best I had all week. You spent a lot of time at DTD. Glad you finally got to go up in the balloon. I'm REALLY glad I didn't go up in the balloon.
I am glad, thought you forgot about me.
I would have bought her a walkman or discman or something.
I love seafood. I could it any day and be so happy. Mostly scallops and shrimp.
Yeah we did. I think we go back again later. LOL
I am glad I did too being it was a goal to go up at night. It was pretty but it was high up there and I never let go of the railing.
You would have been fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
The balloon is scary, I could never go up in it. Dinner looks delicious I have to try that restaurant.
I am sure you could. I have a fear of heights and it is just a matter of getting over it. Once on there is nothing that can be done.
It was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
ride looks fun at night and cool that yo ucould see the fireworks.

was that music piped in from the the balloon or from the marketplace and just traveled up?
it was fun a tnight.
No the music was a cover band playing down below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Thanks for the great video. Looks really cool and a lot of fun especially at night with fireworks going off. Good for you for going up alone Scott!!!!

We love the Eat to the Beat Concerts - we hope this October we get to see new entertainers for our week.
Thanks for looking. I was really happy I got to see the fireworks.
I am going to miss it being we have now banned october for how busy it was. Now though if Taylor Dayne is announced I might fly down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Agreed that the concerts can be a bit too short!! I guess that's why they have 3 shows per day though!

The balloon...I think I'd stay on the ground, but that does sound like fun!!!
I would think so but i could only make 1.
Come on go try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Happy New year Scott!!! I'm all caught up!!! Love air supply! We caught night ranger last year, they weren't bad at all
You too.

Night Ranger would be fun to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan71 View Post
I'm still not sure I can stomach the balloon. Neat that you saw the fireworks though! I was looking at the video and thinking it must have been a really clear sky-I could see the stars in the sky. Then I realized it was just dust on my screen.
You never know till you try.
that is funny. It was a clear night though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm so glad the balloon is back. I Wii kd love to ride it again at night.
me too.
it was a fun experience.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #644
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

All caught up! I cannot for the life of me understand how I missed those chocolate creations at the festival center. I was there at least 3 times I think.

WOW!

I agree that the concerts are a bit short, but so much fun. Glad you both enjoyed Cape May, what did you think of the Turf Club? I want to go on the balloon...hmmn I bet a bunch of my crew would be up for that on the next trip. Hmmmnn...cheaper than a fireworks cruise!

Were you not able to get her the DVC PAP as she was an adult and not living with you? I'd heard they were pretty strict on the same household aspect. Still, the FL AP is a very nice gift!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #645
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
All caught up! I cannot for the life of me understand how I missed those chocolate creations at the festival center. I was there at least 3 times I think.

WOW!

I agree that the concerts are a bit short, but so much fun. Glad you both enjoyed Cape May, what did you think of the Turf Club? I want to go on the balloon...hmmn I bet a bunch of my crew would be up for that on the next trip. Hmmmnn...cheaper than a fireworks cruise!

Were you not able to get her the DVC PAP as she was an adult and not living with you? I'd heard they were pretty strict on the same household aspect. Still, the FL AP is a very nice gift!!

They were tucked in the back by the Chase lounge away from things so maybe that is how. They were incredible.
They are fun.
We love the Turf Club. Great place to eat and relax. On warm nights it is really nice outside to eat.
Well you have to time it right for the fireworks and you won;t see them all.
They were very strict about the PAP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: