Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
dangler
TY, are we going to need a passport for this?
Better get my popcorn out, it's gonna be a long day

March Break

Hi!
My dd will be going into highschool in Sept. and I'm not sure about taking her out of school for Disney. How busy is March Break? Doable?
Thanks!

October 2004 - Pop Century
April 2006 - Pop Century
April 2008 - Pop Century
April 2010- CBR Nov. 2010-All Star Movies
October 2011 - Pop Century

dangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I've gone twice for our March Break and I'll be going again this March. It's busy. But I think it's doable. You would need to make sure to do the things that have the busiest lines first thing.

Of course, I can't compare because I can only go during March Break, Christmas and summer, so I don't know what an "off" time is!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
bankr63
DIS Veteran

I agree, very doable, as long as DD doesn't sleep late. My DW is a school teacher so we always do March break (summer is for camping). It is a bit tougher now that both my kids are teens (and DS is a sleeper) but we force an early start. I have heard many people complaining about crowd levels during break here on the Canadian board, and I can only assume they are late starters. We NEVER see the kind of crowds they talk about!

The only advice I have is to read the Unoffical Guide and follow their touring plans. If you get to the parks early and have a plan, you can ride all the best rides with very short waits, and be back at the pool or shopping DTD by mid afternoon just as the crowds are peaking at the parks. Head back in the evening if you want to see the parades or shows.

Go for it, and have a great trip! You get so few years to make memories with the kids, take advantage how ever you can...

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Go for it, and have a great trip! You get so few years to make memories with the kids, take advantage how ever you can...
Amen .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
dangler
TY, are we going to need a passport for this?
Better get my popcorn out, it's gonna be a long day

Thanks for the replies

October 2004 - Pop Century
April 2006 - Pop Century
April 2008 - Pop Century
April 2010- CBR Nov. 2010-All Star Movies
October 2011 - Pop Century

dangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

My daughter also starts High School this September. I'm iffy on taking her out for two weeks, but my husband keeps insisting he refuses to go anytime except September & October.

So... I do not know if we really we go this year or not...
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer

We're used to going in slower times (end Jan/early Feb) but did March Break this past March and found it busy but doable...not nearly as bad as we expected. We just used the recommended parks from easywdw and got there as early as possible.

We're going this coming March as well and assume it will be the same.
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Poly

ReluctantDisaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Disney-Chick
A Canadian who loves Disney eh!

My DD is in her first year of high school and she opted out of our December trip in hopes to not miss time and try to exempt an exam. Long story short, she was not happy, found out that the courses she was taking you can't exempt and could have come.

We have booked a March Break trip (she does not know yet) and this will be our first time during March Break. We all sleep in which is not good considering what I am reading but because we have been there many times im sure we will be able to manage. I know my DH said we will be changing our routine from our Dec trips because of crowds.

Honestly, as long as im at Disney im good to go. I will never turn down a trip!

Has anyone tried the All American Sundae in MK at Plaza Icrecream Parlor? OMG I can't wait!

Disney-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

March Break is doable.......but not thebest time To go. We go every march break and in the last 4 or 5 years it has just gotten so busy! If you can leave a few days before the first weekend of March Break it helps. But this past year we arrived for rope drop at MK and by noon it was 90 minute waits everywhere! kids wanted autographs but even those lines were huge!

Expect big crowds and just go with the attitude of rolling with it. I totally agree that anytime spent with the kids, even in a line for space mountain, is precious!
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
Bertie9396
Mouseketeer

In 2010,we went at the end of February. In 2011, we went at the end of our March Break. It was much busier in March but it was still OK. The day we went to AK it was POURING all day. It was great! No lines for anything and we had a great time. Same thing on our MK day. It was nice in the morning and we were there for the rope drop so we got a lot done in the morning, but it was still very, very busy. Then the skies opened up and it kept raining off and on. The rest of the day was great. We stayed to watch the night parade and fireworks but they cancelled it due to the weather. It was the best day at MK!

I wouldn't sweat about pulling the kids out of school if their grades are decent and you don't have any concerns. You could always talk to the teachers about it. Life is too short to not have fun with your family!

Bertie9396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
magickingdommommy
Mouseketeer

This year will be our first March Break experience too.

We used to pull the kids out of school when they were in elementary school but since they have started HS we have stuck to summers and x-mas break.

DS starts CEGEP next year so this will be our last March Break to travel all at the same time.

I am looking forward to getting away from whatever snow we have left and the Disney experience. We always try to do everyone's favorite attractions and anything else is just the icing on top.

2005 - AKL, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge, 2007 - Grand Floridian, 2008 - Fort Wilderness, 2009 - CR, 2010 - Off Site, 2011 - BLT & Vero Beach, 2012 Grand Californian & Aulani, 2013 - AKL, 2014 - WL/WLV

magickingdommommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: