Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
DisneyMarathon
Mouseketeer

Question OT: Babysitting pay?

For those of you who live in St. Louis - what is the recommended pay for a babysitter? She will pick up the kid from school and stay with her till we are back from work. She also needs to stay overnight sometimes if we are out of town.
DisneyMarathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Bungle
DIS Veteran

Rates are about $10/hr here for that kind of care.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
MinnieM4
daughter of MinnieM3

The more part-time and infrequent, the higher the rate. I would charge 10-12 an hour for that, and 12 for any overnights.

coming from an experienced nanny and babysitter

MinnieM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

So I kind-a got flamed for what I "offered" to pay when I was looking a few months ago.

I learned a few things.. you should pay what they are willing to take (in consideration for what you can afford too). I also used a web site care.com (a fellow diser rec) to find her, and had 30 applications in like 1 -2 days. I WAS floored and overwhelmed, as I had always used craigslist. (successfully too).

I pay a full day (7:45-6) at 55$ a day. I also pay her 10$ an hour for any O-T so if she stays until 6:30 or 7 I pay her 10$, sometimes I am sched on a sat, or a date night.. and I pay her either 10$ per hour, or at least 60$ if it is more than 6 hours on a sat like 8 I still give her 60$. SHE IS THRILLED with about 300$ per week take home. I AM THRIIIILLLLED to have her. I am in MI.

This is slightly different that what you are looking for in hours, so the fewer hours you give, the more $$ per hour I think would end up being fair. I would think 5$-6$ an hour and make it a per day, (as long as it was full time) even if she/he leaves early.. IE if she works 3-10 or 3-9 make it 50$.. and then a fair wage for over nights too maybe 10- 6 also is 50$ really depends on the amount of hours. If you are doing 3 hours 5 days a week and 1 over night I think 8-10$ an hour is what you will end up with.

sweetdana is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: